Prayut: Attack on foreigner damaged Thailand's image

webfact

parents are charging a school @ 10 million bath per damaged kid in the high profile kindergarten beatings, i should think with the blood and 10 year old girl traumatized for life this could easily fetch a tenfold amount. 

• Haha 1

On 11/12/2020 at 2:15 PM, spidermike007 said:

Really? It is likely you can do better than that. Very lame reply. Nearly every time I see someone complaining, or observing a shortfall within Thailand, some lame guy, who has not taken the time to think things through, nor to devote any focus or effort to a reasonable reply, says something like "Perhaps Thailand is not for you", or maybe you should leave, or the top prize, "if you do not like it here, go back to your own country". Hard to even respond to such inane statements. Why? Because I have some issues with the place? Sorry to inform you, but the nature of a discerning mind, is to have issues.

Though absolute contentment must be a beautiful state of mind, it is not something most of us are blessed with, in case you have not noticed. The fact that I complain, does not mean I do not love Thailand, nor most of it's people. I do. I love my life here. I have a very good life here. But, I do have some complaints, and there are some things I would love to see improved. I should leave because of that?

"or even commenting anyway, as is a requirement you agreed on for accepting and being allowed a visa". Huh? I never agreed to be a complete patsy, a sheep, and a recipient of garbage. If anything, an administration that denies it's citizens the right to free speech is going to embolden me even more, to speak my mind. I barely respect ANY government. But, one like this, who represses it's citizens, punishes displays of democratic protest with water cannons, and time in jail, deserves no respect whatsoever. 

Please. Next time you make a post, try to devote at least two moments of thought to it.

"Perhaps Thailand is not for you", or maybe you should leave, or the top prize, "if you do not like it here, go back to your own country...

I can come up with better actually.

But for one, i didnt say those well worn comments you credited me with.

More to my point, was not really to knock you personally, rather to ask the question..

how is it helping the foreigners lot in Thailand by voicing such strong complaints against the government and individuals?

Even if they are true.

You certainly wont change anything, only make things harder visa wise IMO.

I guess one can say " Oh, these Thais cant read English, they wont read this"

Think again. Even if one reads it, you know very well Thais love gossip and love talking about farangs.and what farangs say.

Id say quite a few Thais have read your accusations and i'd bet a few of em tell their friends:

"the farangs said...."

or

"farangs online believe...."

and who knows whose ears it reaches to.

So, Id say, its actually YOU sir, who should think before you post.

Always talking about corruption, and brown bags,

and how this and that is rigged and certain people are crooks.

If not for your own benefit but everyone else who gets lumped with.. 

"The farangs believe...."

which is only peoples opinions on Thaivisa

but we probably all get the blame for it in a certain way.

There are a few of us who love the country as much as you,

and you cant deny, these are some very sensative times at the moment.

So IMO people talking to much ISNT gonna help those of us (who are now stuck abroad) get back to the country and our partners, after all this Covid is over.

1 hour ago, pookondee said:

"Perhaps Thailand is not for you", or maybe you should leave, or the top prize, "if you do not like it here, go back to your own country...

I can come up with better actually.

But for one, i didnt say those well worn comments you credited me with.

More to my point, was not really to knock you personally, rather to ask the question..

how is it helping the foreigners lot in Thailand by voicing such strong complaints against the government and individuals?

Even if they are true.

You certainly wont change anything, only make things harder visa wise IMO.

I guess one can say " Oh, these Thais cant read English, they wont read this"

Think again. Even if one reads it, you know very well Thais love gossip and love talking about farangs.and what farangs say.

Id say quite a few Thais have read your accusations and i'd bet a few of em tell their friends:

"the farangs said...."

or

"farangs online believe...."

and who knows whose ears it reaches to.

So, Id say, its actually YOU sir, who should think before you post.

Always talking about corruption, and brown bags,

and how this and that is rigged and certain people are crooks.

If not for your own benefit but everyone else who gets lumped with.. 

"The farangs believe...."

which is only peoples opinions on Thaivisa

but we probably all get the blame for it in a certain way.

There are a few of us who love the country as much as you,

and you cant deny, these are some very sensative times at the moment.

So IMO people talking to much ISNT gonna help those of us (who are now stuck abroad) get back to the country and our partners, after all this Covid is over.

Sorry to hear you are stuck overseas. Of all places to be stuck, I am grateful I am stuck here, at this time. 

I disagree with you about the complaints. Thailand has alot of work to do. And silence and complicity is not going to change anything. Maybe some listen, maybe most don't. However, keeping my opinions to myself just ain't gonna happen. Thankfully, that is what excellent forums like this one are for. 

• Like 2