Prayut: Attack on foreigner damaged Thailand's image

webfact

On 11/11/2020 at 9:19 AM, webfact said:

Attack on foreigner damaged the foreigner first, and later  his 10 year old daughter, before causing a damage to Thaland's image.

and what image is that?

Damage, Thailand, Image...And why do officials ALWAYS react with these three words everytime a foreigner gets beaten up by a Thai???

Is it really the image of Thailand they are  worried about  or they are more concerned on dwindling tourism and the income from it and the trickled-down effect to their jobs and positions as a result of  these incidents?

The officials should actually be concerned of Thai rage and anger, not the image of Thailand.

In which culture headbutting someone in his 50s in front of his preteen daughter is accepted?

In which culture a coward group of ten beat up a drunk guy to a bloody pulp ?

By the way, that idiot should be charged with an attempted murder

Edited by pattayadude
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, pattayadude said:

In which culture a coward group of ten beat up a drunk guy to a bloody pulp ?

LOS culture

1 hour ago, pattayadude said:

he won't be. They would say it white man's fault to enrage an innocent peace loving thai. White man shouldn't have been there at the first place. 

And 10000 bail for an attempted murder?? It wasn't a scuffle. This clearly is an attempt to murder  but I wonder if the thai wifey would support her husband in getting justice or she would scratch the back of her fellow thai man and let it go.

Edited by lovethai123
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, polpott said:

So why try to wind up a bunch of legitimate protesters with a big grin on his face? Surely his daughter was primarily his responsibility.

Maybe he was enjoying the serenity of the beach with his daughter when he was disturbed by an illegal gathering and felt compelled to inform them there were more appropriate places to hold their protest.   

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, polpott said:

So why try to wind up a bunch of legitimate protesters with a big grin on his face? Surely his daughter was primarily his responsibility.

The clip I saw did not show why the Thai guy got so angry, just started at the point he was abusing the Russian, insulting him, yelling and screaming, then attacked him. So show the evidence where the Russian wound him up or stop making excuses for an unprovoked physical attack on a man with a child.

Why the Russian was getting involved I do not know but i would not.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

The clip I saw did not show why the Thai guy got so angry, just started at the point he was abusing the Russian, insulting him, yelling and screaming, then attacked him. So show the evidence where the Russian wound him up or stop making excuses for an unprovoked physical attack on a man with a child.

Why the Russian was getting involved I do not know but i would not.

Wasn't caught on the video but was reported to have called the protesters low lifes and blamed them for the downturn in business in Pattaya.

Just a loud mouthed drunken Russian giving it the big "I am".

7 minutes ago, polpott said:

Wasn't caught on the video but was reported to have called the protesters low lifes and blamed them for the downturn in business in Pattaya.

He was drunk? 

39 minutes ago, polpott said:

That report came from the mouth of the Thai guy who made the assault, and I gave it little credence.

How do you know the Russian was drunk while out strolling Beach Rd with his daughter?

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, pattayadude said:

10 hours ago, lovethai123 said:

This clearly is an attempt to murder  but I wonder if the thai wifey would support her husband in getting justice or she would scratch the back of her fellow thai man and let it go.

<deleted> me; what utopian country do you guys come from? A, rather weak, headbutt and the moron should be done for attempted murder? 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

That report came from the mouth of the Thai guy who made the assault, and I gave it little credence.

How do you know the Russian was drunk while out strolling Beach Rd with his daughter?

Watch the video. He was drunk. Strolling on beach road with his young daughter at 1am? He was stood watching the protest and smoking a cigarette, got himself wound up (probably because of his failing business) and decided to vent his spleen at the protesters.

Why do you think he was attacked? There were several other farangs watching the protest and appeared to be welcomed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, polpott said:

Watch the video. He was drunk. Strolling on beach road with his young daughter at 1am? He was stood watching the protest and smoking a cigarette, got himself wound up (probably because of his failing business) and decided to vent his spleen at the protesters.

Why do you think he was attacked? There were several other farangs watching the protest and appeared to be welcomed.

He did not appear wound up and the Thai guy came at him. You seem to be making a lot of assumptions, but nevertheless the Thai man yelled abuse, used profanity , came over to get into his face, and laid his hands on the Russian, who did not retaliate. He behaved like a thug.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, jacko45k said:

He did not appear wound up and the Thai guy came at him. You seem to be making a lot of assumptions, but nevertheless the Thai man yelled abuse, used profanity and laid his hands on the Russian, who did not retaliate. He behaved like a thug.

No, just stood there with an innane grin on his face as the protesters remonstrated with him regarding his abuse. People tried to lead him away but he was having none of it. Continued to stand there, with his daughter, continuing to wind the protesters up.

You're not going to like this but I can assure you that if I'd have been there, I'd have done a much better job of wiping that smug grin off his face.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, polpott said:

No, just stood there with an innane grin on his face as the protesters remonstrated with him regarding his abuse. People tried to lead him away but he was having none of it. Continued to stand there, with his daughter, continuing to wind the protesters up.

You're not going to like this but I can assure you that if I'd have been there, I'd have done a much better job of wiping that smug grin off his face.

Yes he was stupid to be getting involved.....

It appears he is not so stupid though as he is quite competent in English to have incited the protesters so! If you had attacked him, you are no better than the Thai thug, and why would you get involved? I find Thailand to be a place best to mind your own.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

Yes he was stupid to be getting involved.....

It appears he is not so stupid though as he is quite competent in English to have incited the protesters so! If you had attacked him, you are no better than the Thai thug, and why would you get involved? I find Thailand to be a place best to mind your own.

Up to you. I get involved. The Thai wasn't a thug, just someone who had been pushed too far by a complete moron.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, polpott said:

Up to you. I get involved. The Thai wasn't a thug, just someone who had been pushed too far by a complete moron.

I will define a thug as someone who physically attacks a stranger, it seems apt.

Russian never touched him, never mind pushed him!

A multilingual complete moron.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Salerno said:

the headbutt didn't drop the guy

does he need to drop dead as a result for you to qualify the headbutt  as "strong"? his eyes crossed if you look carefully, let alone the sheer terror his little girl felt..He could have fallen backwards unconscious, hitting his head  on the concrete and  died

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pattayadude said:

does he need to drop dead as a result for you to qualify the headbutt  as "strong"?

Enough with the drama queen nonsense. It was a pretty weak headbutt by any measurement.

9 minutes ago, pattayadude said:

He could have fallen backwards unconscious, hitting his head  on the concrete and  died

In which case the thug would be charged with manslaughter not murder. 

• Like 2

On 11/11/2020 at 8:19 AM, webfact said:

and to make things worse 555   

TripAdvisor slaps warning on Thailand's 'Sea View Resort & Spa' review page

more coming your away Prayut, what goes around comes around, attitude is everything, time to change as time is running out

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pattayadude said:

what's difference between attempted murder and intent to seriously harm or kill?

Reality. A headbutt is not an "intent to seriously harm or kill" in the extremely vast amount of cases. Give it a rest.

A dumb <deleted> loudmouth met a dumb <deleted> thug and got a bloody nose. Something that happens every Friday (or any other night) in virtually every city around the world regardless of nationalities of said dumb <deleted>. Not even newsworthy in most cases; in this case it's being used politically and the usual suspects have jumped in for a bit of Thai bashing.

If the Russian had an ounce of situational awareness, and thought about his daughter rather than his ego, he would have walked away. Before the "victim blaming" crowd jump in; I'm talking about the world we live in not some kind of utopia where bad things never happen.

Edited by Salerno
  • Like 2

Just now, Salerno said:

Relevance?

Calling that headbutt "This clearly is an attempt to murder" as you did is nothing but over the top melodramatic BS.

What if he had some underlying medical conditions and such a headbutt could have caused him to die on the spot. Would you still call it a BS?