Nearly 80% of Americans say Biden won White House, ignoring Trump's refusal to concede: Reuters/Ipsos poll

webfact

A post making false claims about the rules for counting ballots in U.S. federal elections has been removed.

Although specific rules vary from state to state, it's not uncommon for mail-in ballots postmarked by election day to be legally received and counted after election day. Likewise, extended post-election deadlines often apply for ballots submitted by service members and expats abroad.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

.......and the Republicans accused the Democrats of "not accepting" the 2016 election result.

You don't hear that so much anymore.

And the Democrats couldn’t accept the Trump presidency for four years. Yet they now accuse the Trump administration of not accepting the results. And round and round we go.

American political system is a joke.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

I guess you're not aware that in the past that is exactly what has happened. Customarily they don't wait until the counts are certified.

Oh right of course.... you mean like in the 2000 US election when Gore litigated and re-litigated for 37 days before finally conceding ?  Got it .

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

First off, acquaint yourself with the meaning of "customarily" I'll give you a hint. It doesn't mean "always".Secondly, the Gore Bush situation was very different since both would be new administrations. In this case there is 1 incumbent and 1 potential new President. Very different situations.

Good to see you've dropped the nonsense about the Supreme Court. I guess 3 times is the charm.

No, as I said before I am not debating it with you any further because you just deflect and ignore any points raised that contradict your narrative . The SC issue is a moot point due to the fact the wording of the constitution is clear and unambiguous and therefore should be an open and shut case. It is not "a take on the constitution", it IS the constitution. 

I notice you have not provided a response to my previous question though. If you lot are all so sure Biden won fairly and squarely then why are you not welcoming the opportunity to prove it in court and in recounts etc ??  Interesting... 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, AndyFoxy said:

And the Democrats couldn’t accept the Trump presidency for four years. Yet they now accuse the Trump administration of not accepting the results. And round and round we go.

It's not just democrats that could've accept the trump presidency. It's a majority of the people. The trump administration is a joke.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Masterton said:

No, as I said before I am not debating it with you any further because you just deflect and ignore any points raised that contradict your narrative . The SC issue is a moot point due to the fact the wording of the constitution is clear and unambiguous and therefore should be an open and shut case. It is not "a take on the constitution", it IS the constitution. 

I notice you have not provided a response to my previous question though. If you lot are all so sure Biden won fairly and squarely then why are you not welcoming the opportunity to prove it in court and in recounts etc ??  Interesting... 

Well, so much for 3 times is the charm. What is so hard to understand about the fact that a limited number of votes are in question? And even if the Supreme Court disqualifies those votes Biden still wins? 

As for the constitutional issue, I had no idea that you are a constitutional scholar  given that you seem unable to comprehend the relatively simple issue of which votes get counted for sure and which are provisional. So I'm not sure that the following quote is going to do you much good:

"The Constitution assigns to state legislatures the task of establishing voting rules for federal elections. The independent state legislature doctrine takes this allocation of duties to an extreme. In essence, the theory holds that state legislatures alone can set election rules, and no other actors — not state courts, governors, or election officials — can alter them in the slightest, even where they violate the state constitution."

https://www.propublica.org/article/propublicas-guide-to-2020-election-laws-and-lawsuits

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Masterton said:

As for your silly point about waiting I already did answer it. I said that there would be no harm in enabling the provisional transition and if it turned out Trump won, no harm done. What don't you understand about that?

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, AndyFoxy said:

The Democrats accepted the results and contributed to a successful transition.

2 hours ago, Masterton said:

More "unbiased" polling and reporting from Reuters as usual. Nothing to see here folks.

Regardless of the media anointing Biden as "president-elect", he has not been certified the winner of ANY of the 50 states yet. There is a process. Whether or not he does actually win the election when all is said and done is of no consequence. The fact is that the election is not over yet, there are states where the votes haven't even been finished counting. The anti Trumpers, of which there are numerous on this forum, can sing dance in the street all you like and try and convince everyone that there is no way Trump can catch up or pass Biden with the amount of votes left to count, but you fail to take into account that there will be recounts and court challenges. And don't be so naive as to think that the claims of fraud and irregularity are "baseless" or that Trump's legal team "don't have any evidence" because they do and plenty of it. Once again the media is lying to you and you are too willing and eager to believe it. 

The fat lady has not sung yet. If you are so sure Biden has won, then let the process play out. Because you will look like fools if the results are overturned in court. Even if he wins, it will be 2+ months before he takes office. Just calm down.

And don't be so naive as to think that the claims of fraud and irregularity are "baseless" or that Trump's legal team "don't have any evidence" because they do and plenty of it. 

So why were the first 7 challenges thrown out of court in several states?

When all this is over and he still doesn't win, will you come back and apologise?

Edited by billd766
Bad spelling
  • Like 2