Single Entry Tourist Visa to Thailand now requires foreigners to show funds of 500k THB

webfact

18 minutes ago, Falcon said:

Taking in to account the lack of tourists here allowed entry and the future lack of tourists because of both financial problems and / or Thailand’s rediculous ideas on how to restart the tourist trade, or put more simply, how to get a hold of foreigners money, I am expecting them to announce that they are going to charge and entry fee to the country, just like Bhutan who charge up to $250 per day just to be in the country. Ideal for Thailand that...

Bhutan

However, it's also considered to be one of the most expensive trips in the world that you can embark upon. The government has placed a minimum fee of around $200 USD per day per person in low season and $250 USD per day per person during high season for visitors to Bhutan

You’re comparing apples and oranges. There’s no logical comparison between the two countries. When I went to Bhutan the daily fee covered everything, from food to accommodation , transportation and guides. I literally spent nothing over the daily cost. The money that I changed into local currency I just gave to the guide and driver.

Do you honestly believe that can work in Thailand?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, bdenner said:

Got it now! They are making sure there is redundancy in the compulsory 100K Travel Insurance just incase the dodgy insurance company they have endorsed reneges on a claim.

Yep as I thought the fine print in the policy states during a state of emergency the policy is voided so you have to pay out of your own pocket

56 minutes ago, riclag said:

Boy did I luck out .I got married in late 2019  !

Just before  the you know what hit the fan!

All of these requirements now, omg!

I was following the covid/China thing very closely and had a feeling it could go pear shaped extremely quickly. I had an ED VISA valid until 30 July this year but changed over to a marriage extension in Feb. One of the few times in life I absolutely nailed a decision brought on through anxiety 

• Like 2