Single Entry Tourist Visa to Thailand now requires foreigners to show funds of 500k THB

webfact

17 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

It's 'knickers' and 'twist'.

Did they ask to see US$12,000? I don't think so. Pointless post.

post police on the loose

Read my post they wanted enough money to live in Thailand for 90 days, depending on ones spending habits 12,000 dollars for 90 days isn't much.

• Sad 1

People drawing a monthy payment from their superannuation probably would have that much money in a bank account as it pays next to no interest whilst their super (pre covid-19) was making 10% pa return. 

Edited by deepblue56

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems lots of people here don't understand that these are temporary conditions now in Covid times.

Look at the linked website and read!

Why do you think that lots of people don't understand it?

They understand, but don't agree.

Do you imagine your patronising comment will suddenly bring a ray of light to those you claim were in the dark?

For tourism purpose (single entry tourist visa only)

While Thailand still puts in place travel restriction, tourists who meet the requirements below can apply for single entry tourist visa at www.thaievisa.go.th and the Certificate of Entry to go to Thailand.  

Required documents : 

1. Your passport copy 
  2. Travel booking confirmation
  3. Proof of accommodation in Thailand e.g. hotel booking, invitation letter from family or friend in Thailand (All tourists are subject to 14-day quarantined at ASQ hotels at their own expenses.)
  4. UK/Irish bank statements from the past 6 months showing a minimum of £12,800 maintained throughout the past 6 months.
  5. Confirmation of legal residence in the UK or Ireland (if applicants are not nationals of these countries) e.g. long stay visa, residence permit, BRP card
  6. Copy of health insurance policy which covers COVID-19 related medical expenses in Thailand no less than 100,000 USD for the whole period of your stay in Thailand
  7. Declaration form

What you need to present at airlines check-in counter and upon arrival in Thailand:

1. The Certificate of Entry 
  2. Declaration for
  3. Fit to Fly health certificate, issued within 72 hours before departure – this is a statement by a doctor that you are free from symptoms and fit to fly (must be separate from COVID test)
  4. COVID-19 test result, with a laboratory output indicating that COVID -19 is not detected (COVID test must be by RT-PCR method), issued within 72 hours before departure
  5. Copy of your health insurance policy which covers COVID-19 and no less than 100,000 USD
  6. Copy of your confirmed booking at an ASQ hotel
  7. T.8 form 

For convenience, applicants for tourist visa can also apply for visa at the Royal Thai Consulates.

After visa has been granted, tourist visa holders have to apply for the certificate of entry at https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/ , with submission of bank statements, health insurance, confirmed flight and ASQ hotel booking, as stated above. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, riclag said:

Thats sad ! I was lucky my daughter came to visit in Nov 2019 !

Lets hope next year things calm down with less requirements

You can always meet up in beautiful  Myanmar, Bali, langkawi, Siem Reap etc etc etc. Easy visas or none at all, and plenty of lovely places to visit. 

1 minute ago, ThomasThBKK said:

All of them have similar restrictions right now due to covid... so no, you can't.

Of course, but they don’t have the 500 000 baht blocked in their bank accounts do they ? So when travel becomes easier these countries might be a good option .

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ukrules said:

Thailand no longer has a tourist industry.

who said they want one, these days? take a handful of (say 8 million) Chinese and that'd be nuff...and they are easy to guide, well- experienced in staying away from any political or social B.S., esp. in a foreign country

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThaiFelix said:

Come on guys,  have you forgotten you are in Thailand?  Have you forgotten the process of Thai decision making?

1, Make the decision, 

2. Announce it and make it law,

3. and finally, think about the pros and cons before reversing steps 1. and 2.  (in actual fact the laws remain on the books and join the 100's of other laws that are never enforced, like riding in the back of pickups, etc).

When I worked in a government agency, we used to question such ‘bright ideas’ by asking whether it was policy or had they really thought about it......

15 minutes ago, Thomas Hannah said:

We mainly only came because it was very cheap for everything.

That was a long time ago ! Lots of things common everyday stuff in Thailand now more expensive than at home for me in Ireland considered to be an expensive country to live in. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, moe666 said:

In 2010 I applied for and recieved a 90 day non-o visa I had to show enough money in bank account to live in Thailand for 90 days. I think at the time I had 12,000 dollars in savungs. Requireing people to have enough money to live on during their stay is nothing new. Calm down boys, you are getting your nickers in a stitch

I came into Thailand in 2010, too on a Non O. I didn't show anything from my bank. I just paid for the visa. I think it was $175.