Single Entry Tourist Visa to Thailand now requires foreigners to show funds of 500k THB

webfact

3 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

people were whining about this when they made the retirement seasoning changes also and using the same complaints about dead money and unsecured funds due to being in a Thai bank. Now there letting folks use their home bank and it's still about low interest and blah blah blah. IMO the Thai government best be vigilant in verifying the information provided to prove these financial requirement be extremely vetted. Tourists and expats have repeatedly proven here they will lie and cheat and bribe to enter this country and remain here. You would have to assume attempts to 'create' documentation proving funds will be rampant..

I'm sure UK banks will be falling over themselves to supply all your bank details to Thai Imm'.

????????

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, kamahele said:

Not possible to show adequate credit card coverage I suppose.

My Luxury Card Gold Card, a MasterCard by Barclays has no limit, so how does that translate into showing someone a monetary amount since I have no spending limit.  If I wanted to buy a Lambo, and they took a Mastercard Gold, and Mastercard approved it, off of the showroom floor I drive.  I know plenty of people that do not have money just sitting around, instead they have assets that they can leverage, and by making a simple phone call they can get cash, many live there lives on their cards, and each is paid of monthly.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

it’s a snob thing. They are a relatively poor country with a feudalistic structure and a huge wealth gap. The people who make the rules have the opportunity to become fabulously rich from unbridled corruption which puts them on the the top side of the wealth gap. They buy flats in Knightsbridge for their brats to study in  London and look down on farang kids who are just normal and don’t have parents who have been able to help themselves to taxpayers’ money like them.

I don't disagree with what you say but the persons I'm referring to are foreigners posting on this forum.

8 minutes ago, overherebc said:

I'm sure UK banks will be falling over themselves to supply all your bank details to Thai Imm'.

????????

don't know about that but I do know that people will attempt to game this system just like they have with every other requirement to stay here. If they can't get proper proof the visa should be rejected..

• Haha 1

Good luck that all hotels are full to the rim, the restaurants do not know where to seat all those customers from far-away lands and tour buses clogging the streets of the Kingdom.

With the Muppet Show everyone knew at least that it was comedy, just on TV; here it is live all over the planet with the compliments of the real Muppets. 

• Like 2

it doesnt make any sense really, as no one can go on a tourist visa at the moment anyway.

unless they have changed the rules because they are about to let people in on tourist visas?   

surely once they start letting foreigners back in large numbers it will because covid infections will be low so then most countries will be low risk and then most people who wanna stay for more than a month will be able to apply for the stv visa.    but who knows what goes on in the minds of the people at the top 

4 hours ago, Haggislover said:

For the average man/ family in the UK, a annual holiday is planned and cash saved in advance, 12000 quid ? to have dead in bank?? Other destinations are on the card now, another instance of thai lunacy

With the current out break of covid I do not think very many places are on the cards.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

In 2010 I applied for and recieved a 90 day non-o visa I had to show enough money in bank account to live in Thailand for 90 days. I think at the time I had 12,000 dollars in savungs. Requireing people to have enough money to live on during their stay is nothing new. Calm down boys, you are getting your nickers in a stitch

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, moe666 said:

In 2010 I applied for and recieved a 90 day non-o visa I had to show enough money in bank account to live in Thailand for 90 days. I think at the time I had 12,000 dollars in savungs. Requireing people to have enough money to live on during their stay is nothing new. Calm down boys, you are getting your nickers in a stitch

It's 'knickers' and 'twist'.

Did they ask to see US$12,000? I don't think so. Pointless post.