Single Entry Tourist Visa to Thailand now requires foreigners to show funds of 500k THB

webfact

4 hours ago, bartender100 said:

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/panama

Where did you get your advise from Scott?

Entry to Panama is open to Panamanian nationals, residents, tourists and business travelers with a negative COVID-19 PCR test certificate. The certificate must be obtained no more than 48 hours before you travel. If you cannot do this, a test can be taken at the airport on arrival at a cost of USD 50.00. If the test is positive, there is a mandatory requirement to quarantine for at least 7 days at a government facility.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/argentina

Argentina’s borders are closed to foreign nationals and non-residents entering the country. Some exceptions to this rule might apply. See Entry requirements

so why didnt you check brazil and mexico too?

to prove me wrong?

argentina opened on 27 october but only buenos aires.

turkey also completly open , with no need for test or quarantine, and so are few other european countries.

8 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

so why didnt you check brazil and mexico too?

to prove me wrong?

argentina opened on 27 october but only buenos aires.

turkey also completly open , with no need for test or quarantine, and so are few other european countries.

5.7 million infections and 163,000 deaths in Brazil. Think I will wait

I am sorry but you are wrong about Turkey also, I am only checking because I am looking for somewhere to go

Travel to Turkey is subject to entry restrictions

All arrivals into Turkey will be subject to a medical evaluation for symptoms of coronavirus, including temperature checks

If you show symptoms on arrival, you’ll be required to undergo a PCR test coronavirus. So it's not completely open, I don't think any country is

On 11/12/2020 at 12:24 PM, Leaver said:

@Leaver dont know why people keep saying vietnam and cambodia, they are just as bad as thailand at the moment for letting anyone in, in actual fact they are worse.

I just saw this news I'm confused now. Were SETV always available? I thought the borders were "closed" but I never actually asked a consulate if they still were issuing visas. Very curious about this now since I left Thailand and was under the impression I could not get back in as I'm not married or over 50.

10 hours ago, TerraplaneGuy said:

I thought the only tourism now is under the new Special Tourist Visa (STV) for up to 60 days, which can be extended up to 90 days.   If that’s correct, why would they change the requirements now for the SETV?

Exactly  my question. I think we're spinning our wheels trying to figure this out. It's probably just 5 guys in a room got drunk and had some crazy idea then spewed it out on the public because they have the power of dictatorship. They could reverse it again next week for all we know. Better sit tight until COVID is over and the world goes back to normal.

Hmmmmmm. Seems to me that the Thai authorities don't want western tourists staying longer than on an visa exempt entry ( and wonder if the financials will extend to them as well, eventually- prove 500,000 baht equivalent in home  bank before boarding ).

One wonder if such will also apply to the Chinese tourists they are apparently wooing?

• Like 1

On 11/14/2020 at 10:21 PM, balo said:

My guess is this is temporary during the epidemic. 

Do you really think they want to kill the tourism when all this is over?   500k requirement will kill 90% of the tourism. And what about poorer countries , a year salary can be 500k.  

I agree , and i will say more . Even in many rich countries in Europe , the average salary reaching 500k ( 1250euro/month ) is probably the case in at least 50% of European countries . I even not call Songkran 2021 to be over , if we can start vaccinating by new year . The pressure not only comes from local population , but also from airports , and everything included ( catering /KingPower shops / airlines / ..) , bus companies , ...

Right now the rules needed are quite enormous ( 500k , multiple test , extra insurance , quarantine ...) , but i think as soon as the 1st vaccine is released , i will bet on new regulations which will prob be a lot less and quarantine free .

Personally i think Songkran will be tight , but it is possible .

• Like 1

Im thinking myself to apply for STV maybe. I actually wanted to move to philippines at may 2020 for long term.. Quit my full time job (i have other "job" via internet), had to rent out apartment at august and now here i am...feeling how im getting drained mentaly. I did read stv application and requirements, im not really good at paperwork hehe it seems a lot of struggle/hassle. Tho imo thailand at least making something compared with many other  countries. Better slow start than nothing. I will look into stv more in mid december probably as if theres no way i can get to ph on jan i will stay here meanwhile.

Imo waiting vaccines is dangerous road. It will take long time and might take even longer everyone think. Im myself hoping they will find some good medicines etc that helps fighting covid if ur ill so it wont get serious / critical.  Hopefully countries come out with good solotions. 

7 minutes ago, hexa said:

Im thinking myself to apply for STV maybe. I actually wanted to move to philippines at may 2020 for long term.. Quit my full time job (i have other "job" via internet), had to rent out apartment at august and now here i am...feeling how im getting drained mentaly. I did read stv application and requirements, im not really good at paperwork hehe it seems a lot of struggle/hassle. 

You might as well apply for the non-immigration O-A Visa. Similar requirements to STV (show 800k baht rather than 500k baht) and you can stay in Thailand 1 year, extendable for 1 year. STV is 90 days, extendable twice for 270 days (no conversion of visa allowed).

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

You might as well apply for the non-immigration O-A Visa. Similar requirements to STV (show 800k baht rather than 500k baht) and you can stay in Thailand 1 year, extendable for 1 year. STV is 90 days, extendable twice for 270 days (no conversion of visa allowed).

Thanks but it seems 50+ im under 30 ????

• Like 1

8 hours ago, EricTh said:

That's the end of visa runners and backpackers in Thailand. 

Khao San road will be a ghost town soon.

The road itself won't be once things get back to normal. While I haven't been there myself just before corona I'm told it's become more a nightclub/ trendy sort of place for Thais than a row of guest houses for bagpackers, and they are now in the side streets, but that was already happening years ago when I did last stay there. The places on the street were charging too much to be bothered with them.

1 hour ago, kralledr said:

Sorry to ask this stupid question, but i not get it...

Does this mean now (everyone) can enter thailand if they have the visa?!

I think so , but it isnt easy to get that visa , and you have to follow all rules , which aren't the easiest at the moment also .

A number of posts and replies have been removed for being in violation of the following forum rules:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

8.) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

10) Do not comment on moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. This also includes posting an emoticon in response to a public notice made by a moderator. 

You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

1 minute ago, Salerno said:

Not in the same boat but feel for you. What's stopping you now, work?

I want her to finish her studies in Thailand and I am stuck in my Australian home with international borders firmly closed. Even if they were open the bureaucracy and expenses I would have to go through to visit Thailand are not worth it... so far. At least we video chat many times a day but that is not the same as being together. Anyway... patience is required.