Irish PM says on Brexit: Biden wants a deal so Johnson should knuckle down

snoop1130

1 minute ago, RayC said:

Very few people - if any - have claimed that most EU member states' economies will not be negatively affected by 'no deal'.

Is this the old 'They need us, more than we need them' argument? Again, where's the evidence to support that view?

Ray many years ago I learnt to believe the actions I witness, not the the headline customer seeking 'predictions' and 'statements' from the Media and others to suit their agenda. Perhaps you should think about a similar strategy.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RayC said:

Very few people - if any - have claimed that most EU member states' economies will not be negatively affected by 'no deal'.

Is this the old 'They need us, more than we need them' argument? Again, where's the evidence to support that view?

2021 is going  to be fun!  Turn on the news, pull up a chair and break out the popcorn! Watch as waves of protests and civil disorder sweep across the EU. Paris and Berlin will be in flames in summer 2021. The EU is about to collapse under the weight of its own absurdity!

• Like 1

On 11/13/2020 at 5:07 AM, George Aylesham said:

Yes, well but at least Martin has some friends on the international scene. With the loss of the unregretted Trump who can Britain turn to?

Martin is an EU puppet like his predecessor; a nobody in a house full of unelected idiots. Who cares what Biden thinks, or Trump thunk for that matter? How would that doddery dude like it if some other party commented on his country wanting to leave a stifling union????

This is all Britain and fugg what anyone else wants. All these ultimatums do, by the EU especially, is p$ss the people off even more. Have a deal or don't. By not doing so will not only screw Britain. Remember that.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

just like WW2 when the irish were in hitlers pocket .still the same old same old

living without Google, eh? Try reading about the contingency plan - Plan W. Although Ireland remained neutral, (like Switzerland) it entered into a military plan with Britain, to secure the west coast of the entire island of Ireland from a German invasion. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plan_W

Also, you do an injustice to the Irish who fought along side the UK (their former masters), in WW 1 and WW 2 for liberty from oppression. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, paddypower said:

one liner post: use spell check..'slagged off.....'

Thank you very much, but 'of' is an English word that spell check will not flag, what you should have told me is that my grammar check didn't spot it or I didn't look before posting.

I am sure we all appreciate you keeping your eye out for that kind of error...:thumbsup:

55 minutes ago, transam said:

Thank you very much, but 'of' is an English word that spell check will not flag, what you should have told me is that my grammar check didn't spot it or I didn't look before posting.

I am sure we all appreciate you keeping your eye out for that kind of error...:thumbsup:

sad, so sad.

5 minutes ago, robblok said:

No its more that i suspect you cant string a good argument together with some facts and your own opinion. Because that would mean effort and thinking. You can do that good in the car forum as you got loads of knowledge, but here its a bit harder as your opinion is based on your feelings you don't seem to be able to add facts to it.

As for slagging off Brits, only when they deserve it.. and ill do the same for any other nationality including my own.

You suspect, well yes, you can suspect as much as you like, but Brexit is done, the UK moves on, that is it.

Now do you have a problem with that short answer.....?  

48 minutes ago, transam said:

You suspect, well yes, you can suspect as much as you like, but Brexit is done, the UK moves on, that is it.

Now do you have a problem with that short answer.....?  

This is not about Brexit Trans, Brexit is done the deal is not yet done. Can't you see the difference ? Ill keep it short maybe its more your style. This is all about the Brexit deal and how you guys were made to believe it would be easy and the best deal ever good for Britain and guess what its not going well. 

Their US ally is gone Biden is more pro Europe, The UK has more to lose then the EU also the losses for the EU are big but spread out over a larger economy. If no deal is reached it will be worse for the UK. I still hope for some kind of deal as it would be better for all sides. But if the Brits still don't agree with the one market principle it will never happen.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, robblok said:

This is not about Brexit Trans, Brexit is done the deal is not yet done. Can't you see the difference ? Ill keep it short maybe its more your style. This is all about the Brexit deal and how you guys were made to believe it would be easy and the best deal ever good for Britain and guess what its not going well. 

Their US ally is gone Biden is more pro Europe, The UK has more to lose then the EU also the losses for the EU are big but spread out over a larger economy. If no deal is reached it will be worse for the UK. I still hope for some kind of deal as it would be better for all sides. But if the Brits still don't agree with the one market principle it will never happen.

I am not an insider or a fly on the wall to know what will happen, and I suspect you aren't either...

2 hours ago, robblok said:

You should really read more, the problem is not the deal but the unwillingness of the Brits to accept the rules of the one market. No state support for companies on that one market (that will give unfair competition) and the standardization and certification to make sure everyone sells the same quality (again to have no false competition).

It has nothing to do with pride but all with how the system works, NO country the UK included will be allowed access if these rules are not followed. Else its unfair for the member states.

This is just an economic framework that the UK does not want as it feels trapped by its rules. Sorry for them but by not accepting the rules they are the bad party not the EU. 

Lets for example say steel industry in Holland is subsidized by the government and dumps their steel at the UK market (because they get government support they can go under the going rate) and then there is unfair competition. I am sure the Brits would not like that either.  That is the issue (part of it). 

Yep biased protectionism - from a unit that is paying farmers not to farm to to artificially control supply and demand - thus UK farmers production and product controlled the UK buys from the EU. Well that could well be about to change ????

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Yep biased protectionism - from a unit that is paying farmers not to farm to to artificially control supply and demand - thus UK farmers production and product controlled the UK buys from the EU. Well that could well be about to change ????

I would not hold my breath if i were you. Could you give me a link to where they pay farmers not to farm (the EU). Something recent.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, transam said:

I am not an insider or a fly on the wall to know what will happen, and I suspect you aren't either...

Oh but they are trans - according to the tvisa  'experts' UK faces disaster of catastrophic proportions now that Biden is elected

I am really surprised so many have not bolted for the door....do they not read Tvisa

• Like 1

Just now, robblok said:

I would not hold my breath if i were you. Could you give me a link to where they pay farmers not to farm (the EU). Something recent.

Rob you are the reader, I recd grants to maintain an 'area of natural beauty'  not use fertilisers, my former boss was paid to cease milk production, remember the butter mountain?