Irish PM says on Brexit: Biden wants a deal so Johnson should knuckle down

snoop1130

1 minute ago, robblok said:

Not short term, its just not smart neither is it good all the economist say this. They seem to know it better then people on this forum who are still in denial. Then again Trump voters are the same they ignore facts. 

Economists are cautious even a little pessimistic by design Rob otherwise they run the risk of looking foolish......well for a couple of weeks until things move on and their 'predictions' are not even consigned to history

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

They do, but not in the numbers like Spain or France those are tourist countries. They have double the number of the UK. Weather is often a deciding factor for many tourists especially those who have bad weather themselves. I been to the UK was nice scenery but the weather was bad. Went there with my family but all of us agreed could have better gone to Spain or France. (was dads choice) I believe it was Cornwall. 

Though it was nice that the people spoke a easy language (those times the French and Spanish spoke little English) 

The UK is not known as a tourist country at all (sure you get tourists) but that does not make you a tourist country.

I never said it was....

2 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Economists are cautious even a little pessimistic by design Rob otherwise they run the risk of looking foolish......well for a couple of weeks until things move on and their 'predictions' are not even consigned to history

We will I have more faith in them then you. Economist are always cautious so they don't exaggerate too much either. It works both ways mate.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, robblok said:

We will I have more faith in them then you. Economist are always cautious so they don't exaggerate too much either. It works both ways mate.

Fear not for UK expats Rob this is obviously where the money flooding into Thailand is coming from keeping the baht high

25 minutes ago, transam said:

So foreigners don't visit your country, I find that hard to believe....

The Netherlands has many foreign tourists. I particularly enjoyed Amsterdam, which (purely coincidentally) has a world class red light district and decriminalized smoking of high grade cannabis in it's coffee shops ????.

• Haha 2

On 11/15/2020 at 11:18 AM, 473geo said:

first let us look at the daily lives of people in the UK these last 4 years - no dramatic change - excepting covid.

So pull out all your data and statistics, the on the ground every day existence has witnessed barely a ripple

On 11/15/2020 at 11:18 AM, 473geo said:

first let us look at the daily lives of people in the UK these last 4 years - no dramatic change - excepting covid.

So pull out all your data and statistics, the on the ground every day existence has witnessed barely a ripple

It takes time for the tsunami to hit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 473geo said:

Fear not for UK expats Rob this is obviously where the money flooding into Thailand is coming from keeping the baht high

Are you sure, i thought it was the positive trade balance.(that results in high foreign reserves) But I am sure you are right its money from the UK that keeps the baht high ????

• Like 1

The UK people have told Boris what they want so what has Biden or the Irish P.M got to do with it Biden needs to put his own house in order before he interferers with other Nations The US is a complete mess thanks to the Democrat's over the last four years 

18 minutes ago, norfolkc said:

The UK people have told Boris what they want so what has Biden or the Irish P.M got to do with it Biden needs to put his own house in order before he interferers with other Nations The US is a complete mess thanks to the Democrat's over the last four years 

The fact that a Republican President and his Republican administration have been governing the US these past four years seems, like a few other political realities, to have evaded you.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2020 at 2:37 AM, 473geo said:

Clipped) . I am becoming increasingly doubtful the EU has the capability to achieve a trade deal.

Time will tell,  no end of projection, economic reasoning and procrastination will budge a big problem within the EU. Yes caused by the UK departure but not an issue the UK can resolve!!

So throw all the figures calculations projections wifi comments into the mix add the Irish, and good old Joe, all you like, the bottom line is are the EU capable of making a suitable trade deal with the UK who has now left. yes or no? Perhaps that is just too bloody simple for the 'experts' who feel the need to ruminate over every option and possibility!!

What will it matter how the UK respond if France veto the deal because they are not happy with their fisheries allocation - you see the problem!!  The EU has no solution other than to try and force the UK to agree to all their demands, is that realistic? Is that negotiation? No, the inflexibility of the EU is the problem not the UK.(end quote).

I agree, the fisheries issue is daft. Over-promoted by that 2 faced Farange. As an Irish-Canadian dual citizen, I had to chuckle when I saw this article in the Financial Times interview '' Trudeau: UK's lack of negotiating practice could delay Canada trade deal. Britain may lack ‘bandwidth to move forward’ as Brexit transition nears end'', say PM. As Boris appoints his girlfriend's lower orifice to be his main adviser, more of us followers of this tragi-comedy are waiting for the final episode; brought to you by : Euro-vision: Tune in on Dec 28th. Who says the EU cannot be accomodating?

:  https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/12/trudeau-upbeat-over-prospects-of-trade-deal-with-uk-by-end-of-year.

• Like 1