Funds Pile Into Thailand as Vaccine Progress Boosts Tourism Hopes

webfact

1 hour ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Packed with the right amount of dry-ice the content will stay below minus 70 C for the journey.

Yeah, that's much better than a styrofoam box but it still wont maintain a temperature of -70°C for the contents. The manufacturer doesn't claim it will and you know it won't because if it did, the dry ice would last much longer. You are apparently assuming that because the CO2 sublimates at −78.5 °C that the contents of the box will be chilled to near this degree. This assumption is not correct. For all intents and purposes, to maintain these kinds of temperatures requires a continuous source of electricity.

8 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Here you see me pumping 140 tons of liquid CO2 down the ground offshore in the Middle East.

That picture exemplifies the problem precisely. I bet you hardly even noticed a temperature change in the ambient air, if any at all. Sure, the CO2 is cold but even inside an insulated box, the ambient temperature will not approach -70°C. I bet you would be lucky to see -15°C, especially in the tropics.

23 minutes ago, Time to grow said:

That picture exemplifies the problem precisely. I bet you hardly even noticed a temperature change in the ambient air, if any at all. Sure, the CO2 is cold but even inside an insulated box, the ambient temperature will not approach -70°C. I bet you would be lucky to see -15°C, especially in the tropics.

https://www.biocair.com/latest/news/what-causes-some-dry-ice-shipments-to-reach-90-c

Screenshot_20201115-194614_Chrome.jpg

18 hours ago, Time to grow said:

You are absolutely correct, an mRNA vaccine is very different than legacy vaccines and carries significant risks. Risks that are being ignored by the fast tracking of the approval process.

When 'they' decide on mass vaccination it will be interesting to see how the priorities are set out.

You could say general public first means mass testing.

Medical staff first then it's safe to use.

Armed forces first then it's final trials.

You can add more categories.

Just sayin'.

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Time to grow said:

You are absolutely correct, an mRNA vaccine is very different than legacy vaccines and carries significant risks. Risks that are being ignored by the fast tracking of the approval process.

I'm sorry, but that's incorrect. There is no evidence that demonstrates increased risks being posed by mRNA vaccines.

In fact, they're almost certainly safer that the older, more traditional vaccines as they contain no infectious agents, as stated in the following extract from a longer article linked to below:

Benefits of mRNA vaccines over conventional approaches are:

Safety: RNA vaccines are not made with pathogen particles or inactivated pathogen, so are non-infectious. RNA does not integrate itself into the host genome and the RNA strand in the vaccine is degraded once the protein is made.

RNA vaccines

3 hours ago, overherebc said:

When 'they' decide on mass vaccination it will be interesting to see how the priorities are set out.

For what it's worth, it looks to me like tracking and enforcement of the vaccinated will be a function of a new CBDC (Central Bank digital Currency) on it's blockchain. This will give the powers that be, the means to control your finances dependant on your acceptance of the vaccine. For example, If you don't have a COVID vaccine memo authenticated on the CBDC ledger, funds for that airfare you want will not be authorized.

One might decide to opt-out of the new CBDC but stimulus checks will likely be issued on the blockchain. Increasingly more and more services will only be available via the blockchain to include the payment of taxes as fiat currencies fade into the anals of history. As it turns out, Thailand is one of the most progressive countries in terms of establishing a new CBDC.

If you were a major investor, or owned a hotel chain, would you consider investing in the Thai tourism industry, as a safe bet, at this time? Maybe at 60% off tourism properties. Maybe. I just can't see it. The industry was already experiencing a major decline, in the quality of tourists prior to Covid. And now? 

Other than the fact that Covid is not an issue domestically, what gives? How long will it be before things are back to "normal"? How many tourists will Thailand see, even three years from now? I would bet under 10 million. Yet, they seem to be betting on rosy prospects. 

With the bloated baht, and all of the other issues here, why Thailand? Can any of you make sense of this?

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

On 11/14/2020 at 4:18 PM, 2530Ubon said:

Unfortunately Fauci and I aren't on speaking terms, so that isn't possible.

My concern was that you stated "most are usually 50% effective". Whilst this is true for seasonal flu vaccines, it isn't true for any other vaccine. You implied all vaccines were only about 50% effective.

not my opinion.itswhat the who cdc etc say only yesterday they said that the vaccine was far more efficient than what they expected and caled it a massive breakthrough.have it out with them as your such an expert i only listen to what those experts say,obviously you know far more than they do,its not i that said that about the vaccine its WHO FDA cdc etc ts there in the media.dont blame me for a simple observation.but if you gott abe right all the time....good luck with that the world authorities i the medica field dont agree with you,rant at them

On 11/13/2020 at 4:22 PM, CorpusChristie said:

If Corvid is similar to the flu, which mutates and comes back in a different form every year and people need yearly flu jabs for immunization, wouldnt that render a Covid vaccination to be ineffective ?

If, it mutates, as it supposedly has, then YES, you're gonna be jabbed more than once.

Even Gates, has stated this!!!

How much money is this going to be made for the WEF Members??? ????

4 minutes ago, Expat Brad said:

If, it mutates, as it supposedly has, then YES, you're gonna be jabbed more than once.

Even Gates, has stated this!!!

How much money is this going to be made for the WEF Members??? ????

So that would mean that it would never go away and with every new mutation, a new vaccine would have to be made .

Will the aeroplanes ever  start flying again ?

2 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

So that would mean that it would never go away and with every new mutation, a new vaccine would have to be made .

Will the aeroplanes ever  start flying again ?

The fear will be made to fade away, the same as it came. I do not know whether the vax will become annual or, not. That does not matter because the people will have been taught to accept it anyway!!!

A post containing unattributed content that was copy and pasted from some site has been removed:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.