How my Philippine gf can live with me in Thailand?

Good morning.

Can anyone help me with this situation please.

Both me and my Philippine gf wish to live in Thailand in the near future (after coronavirus) but not sure how and what visa she would need.

I'm from the uk aged 53 and will take an early retirement. I understand my visa requirements but my Philippine gf I'm not so sure about. I will support her financially so she won't need to work.

I ask politely for visa related answers and not a debate of Thailand v's Philippines.

And to add I don't want to leave my Philippine gf and get a Thai gf instead but we've both decided to live in Thailand for many personal reasons.

Thank you Clive

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

your question is not easy to answer.

thailand is not wellcoming philipinas. there are stories of philipinas who got deported

at the airport even with a visa.

you will need proffesional help. maybe an agent can arrange for her a working visa.

maybe she can be an english teacher indeed, than get working visa.

maybe a volunteer visa, but that is for limited time.

anyway now times are hard. you cannot even fly to thailand from the philipines now,

and propably for the next 6 months at least.

I spoke to a Filipina whose husband had a top legal job and had lived in Bangkok for 3 or 4 years, amongst virtually every other Asian country except the Philippines!, she said she loved her time there. I asked her how she got on with Thais , absolutely no complaints....... but hers was a five star lifestyle 

My girlfriend comes from a poor family so doesn't have the qualifications to be a teacher but Im more than willing to support her.

Regarding marriage I'm not the marrying type as had an awful time with my Thai ex but I love Thailand the country. For me living in Thailand with my Philippine gf is the perfect long term solution

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

Marry her or purchase elite Visa for her appear (500k baht for 5 years or 1 mill baht for 20 years) seem to be your only choices

5 year millstone,,, if it doesn't work out for either of you? And no refund! ???? 

When things return, if ever, to normality, get a normal Asian visa entry,, and see IF Thailand works for her? 

6 minutes ago, Kildonan said:

When things return, if ever, to normality, get a normal Asian visa entry,, and see IF Thailand works for her? 

What is that? 

I think you mean a 30 day visa exempt entry that those from many counties get that is not a visa.

Assuming your girlfriend is around the same age as you, she can also apply for a retirement visa...

Must be 50 years or older.

Pension of 65,000 THB or 800,000 THB in Thai bank, or combination.

Term visa of 90 days travel (single entry) and then 1 year travel to Thailand (multiple entries).

OR as a dependent;

Dependent or immediate family of foreigners holding non-immigrant visas.

Guardian or immediate family of a Thai child or student foreign child.

Term visa of 90 days travel (single entry) and then 1 year travel to Thailand (multiple entries).

http://philippines.siam-legal.com/

12 hours ago, Clive said:

Regarding marriage I'm not the marrying type as had an awful time with my Thai ex but I love Thailand the country. For me living in Thailand with my Philippine gf is the perfect long term solution

The perfect long term solution is to deal with reality.

Two options are to marry her (I don't buy the not marrying type. Esp as you did that with Thai). Second option is elite visa for her. (BTW that would be crazy because she would be completely independent)

Let's face it. Your a non Thai wishing to retire/live ongoing in Thailand and also bring lady from Philippines to also retire in Thailand and your not married and no wish to.

Good luck.

10 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Can a non-O retirement visa have dependants without having a separate visa to apply?

Yes however need marriage.

For example I'm here on retirement extensions. If I had a farang wife (god forbid) she could live here.

Having nightmares tonight.

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes however need marriage.

For example I'm here on retirement extensions. If I had a farang wife (god forbid) she could live here.

Having nightmares tonight.

Your answer is different from Ubon's answer...

8 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Your answer is different from Ubon's answer...

I did not say how she could live here. Yes would need a visa non o. 

The important bit of ubon post is "family members". The OP in this thread is not married and has indicated has no desire.

She will not be able to obtain non o as dependant.

37 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

She will not be able to obtain non o as dependant.

I don't use dependent since it is not exactly correct and the immigration order and visa requirements states family members. Dependent implies they rely on a person for financial support.

17 hours ago, Clive said:

Good morning.

Both me and my Philippine gf wish to live in Thailand in the near future (after coronavirus) but not sure how and what visa she would need.

I'm from the uk aged 53 and will take an early retirement. I understand my visa requirements but my Philippine gf I'm not so sure about. I will support her financially so she won't need to work.

I ask politely for visa related answers and not a debate of Thailand v's Philippines.

And to add I don't want to leave my Philippine gf and get a Thai gf instead but we've both decided to live in Thailand for many personal reasons.

Thank you Clive

1. Get married and than get her a NON O visa and than her extension will be granted cause she is married to you

2. Get her a job 

3. Spend 500,000 ( soon to be 600,000) for the elite visa

4. Send her to school and than she can get an ed visa

5. in an out on tourist visas, ( might be questions asked after 4 or so of these in a row)

Other than that... Nada

35 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

1. Get married and than get her a NON O visa and than her extension will be granted cause she is married to you

2. Get her a job 

3. Spend 500,000 ( soon to be 600,000) for the elite visa

4. Send her to school and than she can get an ed visa

5. in an out on tourist visas, ( might be questions asked after 4 or so of these in a row)

Other than that... Nada

Been well covered already. The OP want to retire and that involves holidays. Strike #2 

#4 expensive and useless.

#5 that's a joke given new world. Also think it through.

#3 she gets PE and needs no one. Stupid suggestion.

#1 OP stated has zero wish to marry.

You have a #6?

On 11/15/2020 at 3:31 AM, Clive said:

Good morning.

Thank you Clive

Could be guardian visa to kids attending international school.

10 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Been well covered already. The OP want to retire and that involves holidays. Strike #2 

#4 expensive and useless.

#5 that's a joke given new world. Also think it through.

#3 she gets PE and needs no one. Stupid suggestion.

#1 OP stated has zero wish to marry.

You have a #6?

#6 He should stay with her on the Philippines. Beautiful country with endless island. 

13 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Never been there. Can you recommend an island or beach (white sand). Must do a visit.

I lived there for 3 years. I would say it is more beautiful than Thailand. Endless beaches with clean water. Almost everyone speaks English. But the beautyful nature has also its downsides. Earthquakes (I had this experience there and Taifuns). Anyway - since you can talk to everyone you will live there far more integrated than in Thailand. You will not have the Ghetto feeling that you might have here. Food is also different but it is up to you to cook Thai or Western dishes.

52 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Never been there. Can you recommend an island or beach (white sand). Must do a visit.

A good choice would be Mindoro, mainly because it is easy to get to from Manila and has a lot to explore and see. Just a random article on Google search. https://www.manilatimes.net/2015/06/29/weekly/fast-times/mindoros-best-kept-secret/195995/

wsb.jpg.988b08537443c6da1c4a62b6da33bc2c.jpg

Archived