How my Philippine gf can live with me in Thailand?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

Assuming your girlfriend is around the same age as you, she can also apply for a retirement visa...

Must be 50 years or older.

Pension of 65,000 THB or 800,000 THB in Thai bank, or combination.

Term visa of 90 days travel (single entry) and then 1 year travel to Thailand (multiple entries).

OR as a dependent;

Dependent or immediate family of foreigners holding non-immigrant visas.

Guardian or immediate family of a Thai child or student foreign child.

Term visa of 90 days travel (single entry) and then 1 year travel to Thailand (multiple entries).

http://philippines.siam-legal.com/

Who wants a girlfriend similar in age when the guy is over 50? ????

19 hours ago, Kildonan said:

5 year millstone,,, if it doesn't work out for either of you? And no refund! ???? 

When things return, if ever, to normality, get a normal Asian visa entry,, and see IF Thailand works for her? 

16 minutes ago, Seeall said:

An interesting  question and a very old and ongoing one with which perhaps you can help with:

why would anyone want to live in Thailand when they can live in the Philiphines?

Because it isn't full of Pinoys!

15 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Been well covered already. The OP want to retire and that involves holidays. Strike #2 

#4 expensive and useless.

#5 that's a joke given new world. Also think it through.

#3 she gets PE and needs no one. Stupid suggestion.

#1 OP stated has zero wish to marry.

You have a #6?

#1  Keep in mind many Ph ladies do NOT want to get married due to the fact that divorce is" illegal" in Ph.

16 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Been well covered already. The OP want to retire and that involves holidays. Strike #2 

You have a #6?

#6 Have your cake and eat it too!

16 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

You have a #6?

Q? What is PE ?

For a long time there has been a problem; not getting into Thailand, but being allowed to leave Philippines. The Authorities are very strict on ensuring their females leaving are going to be safe and not part of any "trafficking" situation or anything else that cannot be explained to their satisfaction. I once asked about this when I visited the Philippines even when only thinking of a woman for a holiday with me in Thailand.

Things may be easier or worse from that point of view so I suggest you get your gf there to see exactly what is required of you and her.

Its been nearly 6 years since I investigated it and in any case, we didn't process anything for reasons I won't bore you with.

On 11/14/2020 at 2:14 PM, Clive said:

My girlfriend comes from a poor family so doesn't have the qualifications to be a teacher but Im more than willing to support her.

Regarding marriage I'm not the marrying type as had an awful time with my Thai ex but I love Thailand the country. For me living in Thailand with my Philippine gf is the perfect long term solution

I had the same experience.  Best option is to Marry her with a prenup and get on with life.  We both love Thailand as you do.

20 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The perfect long term solution is to deal with reality.

Two options are to marry her (I don't buy the not marrying type. Esp as you did that with Thai). Second option is elite visa for her. (BTW that would be crazy because she would be completely independent)

Let's face it. Your a non Thai wishing to retire/live ongoing in Thailand and also bring lady from Philippines to also retire in Thailand and your not married and no wish to.

Good luck.

Excellent point here....you have to choose one horse and ride it.

Thank you very much for all your replies

It was a difficult question and no obvious answer that  prepared to do, not so early in the relationship anyway. 

Many thanks and much appreciated

I couldn't bear to live in the Philippines as the food is dire and after living in Thailand previously love the place but find the language so hard.

Heart and head not agreeing on this one as the sensible answer this s to get s Thai gf 

13 minutes ago, Clive said:

Thank you very much for all your replies

It was a difficult question and no obvious answer that  prepared to do, not so early in the relationship anyway. 

Many thanks and much appreciated

I couldn't bear to live in the Philippines as the food is dire and after living in Thailand previously love the place but find the language so hard.

Heart and head not agreeing on this one as the sensible answer this s to get s Thai gf 

I had girlfriends in both countries. And from my limited experience I can say you have to decide if you want to have better sex or better conversations... 

1 minute ago, Seeall said:

tell us more?

My following words might disappoint you. ????

The language barrier at a relationship with a Thai can be a problem. Complicated discussions might not be possible. Also watching TV together will be a challenge. I always had 2 TVs for this reason (both used with headphones). When she meets other Thais (family or friends) they will talk in Thai and you will not understand a word. And if you meet your friends she will have this problem. 

Filipinas are often grown up very religious... But it is easy to talk to them. In my experience it is a different kind of relationship alone because of the language. It is more like a relationship with a western girl. 

But again - this is based on my experience. Others might have a different opinion. 

30 minutes ago, Oldie said:

The language barrier at a relationship with a Thai can be a problem. Complicated discussions might not be possible. Also watching TV together will be a challenge. I always had 2 TVs for this reason (both used with headphones). When she meets other Thais (family or friends) they will talk in Thai and you will not understand a word. And if you meet your friends she will have this problem. 

Filipinas are often grown up very religious... But it is easy to talk to them. In my experience it is a different kind of relationship alone because of the language. It is more like a relationship with a western girl. 

But again - this is based on my experience. Others might have a different opinion. 

your efforts are appreciated.....  its more the unknown philly side of thing for me... sick of hearing how great they are.... just because of ENG ?

and the christian thing wouldnt help, they aim then to marry more than most....

"When things return, if ever, to normality, get a normal Asian visa entry,, and see IF Thailand works for her? 

I guess you could mean an ASEAN Visa, an arrangement between the ASEAN member countries? A 60 day tourist visa at no cost issued by the destination countries embassy. 

For the last 7 years my Filipina GF and I have spent 5 months a year in Pattaya, where we keep a place. We get 2 X 60 day visas from the Thai embassy in Makati, Manila. We also do a 30 day visa-free entry

Her visa is free, under ASEAN, and she could extend for 30 days costing 1900 baht. 

There is paperwork but the first time is the hardest. You go together, you write a sponsor letter detailing your history. Provide copies of her return ticket, accomm booking etc.

You provide proof of your finances, copy of passport etc She needs to akso show money in a bank account. 

Leave from Manila only, much easier immigration there. 

GF has around 8 Filipina friends in Pattaya most on Ed visa, sone work visa and many paying agents who give gifts to IO. 

Anything else u need send me a PM then we wont TF

2 hours ago, Oldie said:

I have had problems in the past with Thai women re relationships because of my lack of fluent Thai. I am now married to a Thai lady who not only speaks fluent English but we talk together about everything, no different from any Western person. We feel like we are made for each other in so many ways. I love to talk, I love to listen, She likes to talk and listen. Many of her friends and family speak English too.

2 hours ago, ChrisKC said:

I have had problems in the past with Thai women re relationships because of my lack of fluent Thai. I am now married to a Thai lady who not only speaks fluent English but we talk together about everything, no different from any Western person. We feel like we are made for each other in so many ways. I love to talk, I love to listen, She likes to talk and listen. Many of her friends and family speak English too.

My wife speaks little to no English. When we first got together and I decided to move to Thailand, it was a no brainer, I would learn Thai. Why would you expect a Thai person, living in Thailand, to speak English. It forced me to learn Thai and Lao/Issan to conversational level and now I can speak not only to my wife but everyone else too.

However, returning to the OP, if I have a difficult problem at the Amphur, my wife does the talking. I can't imagine living here full time without having the assistance of a native Thai speaker to get through life. Find yourself a Thai girlfriend.

16 hours ago, Oldie said:

You forgot to mention the fact if they are with friends or family they speak Tagalog.... Maybe a bit easier to learn than Th as it has a lot of Spanish words in it. Also based on my experience.  

10 hours ago, polpott said:

My wife speaks little to no English. When we first got together and I decided to move to Thailand, it was a no brainer, I would learn Thai. Why would you expect a Thai person, living in Thailand, to speak English. It forced me to learn Thai and Lao/Issan to conversational level and now I can speak not only to my wife but everyone else too.

However, returning to the OP, if I have a difficult problem at the Amphur, my wife does the talking. I can't imagine living here full time without having the assistance of a native Thai speaker to get through life. Find yourself a Thai girlfriend.

Did you also learn Khmer???? Just kidding. lol

Archived