As legal blitz flounders, Trump protesters back false election claims

rooster59

14 minutes ago, fangless said:

Research media holdings, conflict of interest and holders of political office!

See the post above yours, how about Bloomberg?

I think you're wrong, and I'm not going to do the research for you. You make the claim, please substantiate it.

Edited by stevenl

The President and vice-President are the sole Federal officers exempt from conflict of interest rules.

20 minutes ago, fangless said:

Research media holdings, conflict of interest and holders of political office!

Why conflict of interest rules apply differently to the president

Rep. David McKinley has sold his West Virginia engineering and architecture firm, but it still bears his name — and that earned the Republican congressman a rebuke from the House Ethics Committee.

President-elect Donald Trump has built an international property management, real estate and branding business around his name. There appears to be no consequence for that.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/conflict-interest-rules-apply-differently-president

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, placeholder said:

The President and vice-President are the sole Federal officers exempt from conflict of interest rules.

Why conflict of interest rules apply differently to the president

Rep. David McKinley has sold his West Virginia engineering and architecture firm, but it still bears his name — and that earned the Republican congressman a rebuke from the House Ethics Committee.

President-elect Donald Trump has built an international property management, real estate and branding business around his name. There appears to be no consequence for that.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/conflict-interest-rules-apply-differently-president

Where does your link mention "media" interest ? It only covers "Business"!

Get real!

30 minutes ago, fangless said:

Where does your link mention "media" interest ? It only covers "Business"!

Get real!

Well, tell Michael Bloomberg his media interests aren't a business.

Anyway, here's a more scholarly article.

https://law.emory.edu/ecgar/content/volume-4/issue-special/essays-interviews/conflicts-president-law-trump-presidency.html

Nothing about media there. Why do you persist in pursuing this without providing some definitive support?  Should be easy enough to do a search to back up your claims.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

If Trump can prove wide spread conspiracy and it is sent to the House, than the house must vote on a state by state counting with each state counting as 1 vote so there are a lot more red states than blue. So Trump wins.

But he can't. No widespread conspiracy. Trump's lawyers have been working on this for months before the election and have since brought at least 10 legal challenges to the results in various states. All have been thrown out due to zero evidence. The lawyers are now severely embarrassed and damaging their own reputations so are deserting the Trump cause like rats leaving a sinking ship.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, polpott said:

Unless you are Trump or one of his fans, then you can claim voter fraud with zero proof.

I'd remind you that there's no proof Jimmy Hoffa was murdered, either.

I'm not a fan of The Donald.  Never have been.  But I want to be 100% sure there was no flaw in the election mechanics, whether that be fraud, negligence, software glitch, hardware fault, hanging chads, or any other.  Which is why I'm glad they're doing a hand recount in Georgia.  If only to assure the country that there was no such issue and the results we got are reflective of the votes of the people.   And if they do find flaws in the Georgia recount, it opens up Pandora's Box in all the states that used the same machinery. 

If that takes time, so be it.  The guy's still president until January- either way.  Leaving plenty of time for a transition, even if he waits (like Gore did) for the Supreme Court decision.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, impulse said:

I'm not a fan of The Donald.  Never have been.  But I want to be 100% sure there was no flaw in the election mechanics, whether that be fraud, negligence, software glitch, hardware fault, hanging chads, or any other.  Which is why I'm glad they're doing a hand recount in Georgia.  If only to assure the country that there was no such issue and the results we got are reflective of the votes of the people.   And if they do find flaws in the Georgia recount, it opens up Pandora's Box in all the states that used the same machinery. 

If that takes time, so be it.  The guy's still president until January- either way.  Leaving plenty of time for a transition, even if he waits (like Gore did) for the Supreme Court decision.  

So if the Georgia recount comes back as no fraud, you will accept the result from all states and declare Biden the winner? Somehow I doubt it.

Why haven't you demanded a recount of all states at every election? What's the difference this time? Let me answer that, the man child's petulant inability to accept the result, which is....he lost.

Edited by polpott
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, polpott said:

So if the Georgia recount comes back as no fraud, you will accept the result from all states and declare Biden the winner? Somehow I doubt it.

Why haven't you demanded a recount of all states at every election? What's the difference this time? Let me answer that, the man child's petulant inability to accept the result, which is....he lost.

What's the difference this time?  Technology and standardization.  I'll let you Google why that comes into play more than ever.    

The results of the election don't hang on what you or I think.  Just my own confidence in the process.  And I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Nice finish, doing the personal name calling thingy.  Really hammers home your position.  Just not your credibility.

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, impulse said:

It didn't.  But the transition to a Bush presidency didn't start until the court case was decided.  Kind like 2020.

Let's see what happens after the Georgia hand recount...

Regardless of the Georgia hand recount (which Trump is already claiming is a scam  https://www.savannahnow.com/news/20201115/georgia-hand-recount-live-blog-updates-from-day-3-of-presidential-election-recount) Biden has more than enough electoral college votes to win.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, heybruce said:

Regardless of the Georgia hand recount (which Trump is already claiming is a scam  https://www.savannahnow.com/news/20201115/georgia-hand-recount-live-blog-updates-from-day-3-of-presidential-election-recount) Biden has more than enough electoral college votes to win.

Once again. Georgia isn't definitive and it wouldn't change the results.  That's true.  But if the Georgia hand count shows systemic problems, do you figure they'd be limited to Georgia?

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, impulse said:

Because it's a sure thing that once Biden's victory is certified the vast majority of those crying foul or potential foul will be satisfied? And all the media that they get their information from like OAN, Gateway Pundit, Epoch Times, they will all accept the results and no longer feature tendentious articles alleging fraud? 

• Like 1

""The question that will vex Republicans is whether Trump really does want to run for the presidency again four years down the road. An aggrieved base and untrammeled media access could be the perfect ingredients for such a run. “I am telling you, if he decides to run, there is no Republican primary” for the presidency, says Nunberg, the former adviser."

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/11/16/rage-tweets-and-tv-a-vision-of-a-trump-post-presidency-begins-to-emerge/24693112/

Edited by Opl

10 hours ago, vandeventer said:

If Trump can prove wide spread conspiracy and it is sent to the House, than the house must vote on a state by state counting with each state counting as 1 vote so there are a lot more red states than blue. So Trump wins.

This has zero chance of succeeding.  Or to put it another way....

[Trump's 2020 chances '100 percent dead' after 4 swing state lawsuits are dropped]

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-2020-chances-100-percent-185428888.html

• Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Opl said:

""The question that will vex Republicans is whether Trump really does want to run for the presidency again four years down the road. An aggrieved base and untrammeled media access could be the perfect ingredients for such a run. “I am telling you, if he decides to run, there is no Republican primary” for the presidency, says Nunberg, the former adviser."

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/11/16/rage-tweets-and-tv-a-vision-of-a-trump-post-presidency-begins-to-emerge/24693112/

There is going to have to be a full-scale housecleaning of the GOP to eliminate all traces of the orange rot.  It is going to be in every Republican politician's interest to see this guy face criminal charges or go into exile.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Opl said:

Has anyone tell him that he will be 78 and in poor deteriorating mental as well as physical health.