Watch Battery

roger101

7 minutes ago, roger101 said:

My Seiko Chronograph has started to run slow. It obliviously needs a new battery. The couple of shops I have used over the years are shut so whats the best shop now for a new battery?

You find them in shopping malls. But often expensive. Was recently at one in the South Pattaya Road in the area of the market opposite to the temple. 80 Baht. A good one is at the corner Soi Buakhao / Central Pattaya Road. It is a watch shop and I payed 80 Baht a year ago. 

Edited by Oldie
  • Like 1

The best place I've found (so far) is a little shop on the bottom of Central Festival. If you park a scooter then take the stairs to the next level down and enter through those doors, there's a kiosk on the right that has all kinds of batteries. That's where I go when I need any watch batteries, especially those teeny ones.

18 minutes ago, johnbarpic said:

BigC pattaya Nua little stall on the upper floor quality batteries various prices cheap batteries leak and kill the watch completely you choice 

Expect that is the exception as I never had a watch battery leak when I used them (which started about 60 years ago with the Bulova "Accutron").  Find them redundant today as every phone has a clock (even my non smart phone).  ????.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, treetops said:

That's Mr. Jack's place - name is on the window.

Another often mentioned is Mr. Wot (sp) at the back of the smelly market on South Road.

Mr. Wot (sp) has discovered the secret of immortality. It'd be worth it to stop by his classic station and let him change your battery just to know that your watch has joined in, however belatedly, the uniqueness of Pattaya's history.