Hire Bilingual Assistant To Help Buy Pickup In BKK? Which Truck?

I'm thinking of buying a used pickup truck here in BKK. (I live in upper Sukhumvit.) I think it would be a good idea to go with someone who is fluent in both Thai and English (probably a Thai). Also needs to be knowledgable about vehicles and what to look for in a used vehicle (and the kinds of tricks dealers might use?), and be trustworthy.
Anyone know someone of this description?
Or: If I do by myself, what to watch out for (tricks, unforeseen charges, etc.)
And: I mentioned to a friend I was thinking of getting a used pickup. He said the 'no brainer' choice would be a small Toyota. (Kind with small wheels.) He's had his for 18 years (bought new). He said is diesel, but thought that's fine. (I'd heard they were polluters.) Said they are so durable, no matter who owned before, would probably still go for many, many years. (I'd like to be able to put a smallish motorbike in back and travel around Thailand.) Thx.

There is a company in Bangkok called siammotorworld they have a Thai mechanic that will go and do pre inspection. I haven't used them myself but a friend previously sold a couple of cars via their website and was very complimentary about their knowledge of car mechanics and the market prices. They sell mainly expat owned 2nd hand cars on their website siammotorworld.com i believe they can also do a search for a vehicle based on your specification and price bracket. The owner is an expat.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BangkokAlan said:

There is a company in Bangkok called siammotorworld they have a Thai mechanic that will go and do pre inspection. I haven't used them myself but a friend previously sold a couple of cars via their website and was very complimentary about their knowledge of car mechanics and the market prices. They sell mainly expat owned 2nd hand cars on their website siammotorworld.com i believe they can also do a search for a vehicle based on your specification and price bracket. The owner is an expat.

I second that. My first call would be to Tim at Siam Motor World.

Spoke with Tim from Siam Motor World on phone. Looks like Toyota Hilux Vigo would do the trick (diesel, 2 door, 2WD, bench behind driver...). How old of one do you reckon would still run good enough for jaunting around LOS taking in sites? 5 years? 8? ('Course, I suppose depends on milage, if it's been abused, etc.)