How are the bars, restaurants, agogos, massage shops, gentleman clubs and any business doing during covid?

scubascuba3

4 hours ago, Leaver said:

I see your point, but it could diminish to 0 cases a day, but that doesn't mean it's not out there.  You can still catch it. 

At what point will you put faith in your own body / health, and the vaccine, and start living with pre-covid freedom?  

Basic common sense applies here. When Thailand is going through the peak of a wave, it’s best to avoid it. When the wave starts to decline a bit, that’s the time to plan for a trip.

4 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Basic common sense applies here. When Thailand is going through the peak of a wave, it’s best to avoid it. When the wave starts to decline a bit, that’s the time to plan for a trip.

Once again, I see your point, but are you trying to avoid catching covid, completely?  If so, I would suggest that's impossible, no matter where you are. 

On that basis, why hold off booking a trip?

• Like 1

On 3/8/2022 at 6:01 PM, aussiexpat said:

For all the people assuming Pattaya is only busy on a week-end, counted 32 customers in soi 7 "Lovely Corner Bar' today at 12:30

All other beach road bars busy as well...not high season, but not bad either

Ruskys spending their last ruble.

12 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

The weird thing currently is gentleman clubs are open as normal, some soi 6 bars are open, both are basically brothels but agogos are still closed as agogos and even when open no sex allowed on site, things don't make much sense here

I have not even considered visiting these former GGBs to see what they do now.... they were overpriced for what they had on offer previously! Many had a 'loom' that could be used though......

Edited by jacko45k

The new Hemmingways on Soi Honey is looking pretty close to finished (looks pretty nice inside)

I just had a look at Hemmingways in Jomtien (assume same owner) and with a cheese burger at 325 Baht and bottle beer at 95 it doesn't look like a Retox replacement ???? 

Maybe they'll give it to central Pattaya cheaper? 

Edited by aussiexpat

1 hour ago, TaaSaparot said:

Opened 2 days ago.

Didn't look open when I went by. Not a single person inside (customer or staff) and the refurb workers were all sitting on the entry step so I couldn't get in if I wanted to. TV outside was on though

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I hear The Pattaya Beer garden reopens today.....1pm to 10pm.

Lower staff numbers and single shift so may take a while to get up to speed. Welcome back to a Pattaya institution.

They kept that pretty quiet. I walk the Pattaya beach to beer garden every morning and never saw anything. I always loved this place ????

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Lower staff numbers and single shift so may take a while to get up to speed. Welcome back to a Pattaya institution.

That's good news. Thanks.  

On 3/18/2022 at 6:22 AM, jacko45k said:

An Institution.?

Which year did it open.? 

1 hour ago, Victornoir said:

For me the best gogo is Windmill.

Visit a few days ago: very few customers, no show, hungry girls desperately looking for the pigeon of the evening..

Better to wait for the official reopening.

i think Dollhouse will be the same

7 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Hey, what's what the Beach Club in TreeTown that seems to be open after 11 pm, what's up with that? I thought bars closed at 11 pm?

Treetown bars had an unofficial pass until midnight (unless Bangkok or Chonburi police were visiting) although this could all be changing now after some violence a couple of nights ago.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2022 at 10:38 AM, scubascuba3 said:

Good video on what's open on walking st

He's reporting on an area that was becoming less relevant to Pattaya's nightlife, even pre covid.  

As Pattaya emerges from covid, the only significance Walking Street will have to Pattaya's nightlife will be a historic one.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Leaver said:

He's reporting on an area that was becoming less relevant to Pattaya's nightlife, even pre covid.  

As Pattaya emerges from covid, the only significance Walking Street will have to Pattaya's nightlife will be a historic one.  

Nah, Walking st was doing well BC, mainly agogos and nightclubs, once they open properly and tourists are back normality on WS will be restored

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Nah, Walking st was doing well BC, mainly agogos and nightclubs, once they open properly and tourists are back normality on WS will be restored

Certainly Pinups and those nearby were doing well. 

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

+ Windmill, Electric Blue, Dollhouse, XXX, Beavers, Tantra, Insomnia, 808, ibar, all those lot

Windmill yes, but I have been in Dollhouse quite a few time when it was quiet, Insomnia, 808, Ibar not on my list..... 

Pinups was packing them in at that time.