How are the bars, restaurants, agogos, massage shops, gentleman clubs and any business doing during covid?

scubascuba3

49 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Good point........ Pattaya was on it's ar5e before Covid

Never felt it was that bad, always too many  bars for the number of punters and forever closing down and re-opening. Different again now with Tree Town, LK and Buakhao booming, Sois 7 and 8 died the death, Sois Yamato, Post Office, Pattayaland, Walking St and Second Rd pretty dismal. Been away for 2 months so I'm probably out of date. 

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Maybe they will start competing on prices, pointless them all selling tinned soup for 80+ baht

Always the same stuff and prices to match each other....we need an Aldi here ????

• Like 2

2 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Many workers today at the old Re-tox Game-on site. Huge "Hemmingways Sports Bar" sign there now

On Lengkhee? Been passing that place for some time thinking how derelict and overgrown it was...... good news if it is to be developed. 99 baht breakfast maybe?????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

On Lengkhee? Been passing that place for some time thinking how derelict and overgrown it was...... good news if it is to be developed. 99 baht breakfast maybe?????

Game-on site was/is Soi Honey.

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

The restaurant building is now a Thai restaurant.  The overgrown bit is where the overspill containers were.

I am seeing lots of new bars opening, but not so many photos of crowds in the bars. Since the new ThailandPass is just coming online, I would guess that the number of Farangs in Pattaya now is pretty low. Even before Covid, March was a bad month for bars. So, if the number of bars is increasing while the number of customers is decreasing, that is not good for business.

On 3/1/2022 at 12:41 AM, Danderman123 said:

There was talk of extending the 11pm closing time.

Are bars still asking for ATK test results?

Never been to one that asked for ATK. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I am seeing lots of new bars opening, but not so many photos of crowds in the bars. Since the new ThailandPass is just coming online, I would guess that the number of Farangs in Pattaya now is pretty low. Even before Covid, March was a bad month for bars. So, if the number of bars is increasing while the number of customers is decreasing, that is not good for business.

It's quiet now, low season, I've walked around Treetown twice recently and very few customers just many girls serving. Pothole meant to be the new soi 6 is quiet even though lots of new bars

• Sad 1

I still thought there appeared to be quite a lot of Expat/Falang types in the Buakhao area at the weekend. I always presume we get a few in from Bangkok, obviously locals too... but I sensed it was quieter. New bars, well people see the likelihood of the restrictions being lifted soon, which they will be, and want to be ahead of the game..... there will be many who got out of it a few years ago ready to dip a toe. Not interested in bar-hopping myself until at least bars and GGBs get the nod. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Massage shops on Klang just round the corner from Buakhao have dropped their price back down from 150 to 100, quiet since they previously increased the price

A couple of places didn`t put their prices up and reaped the benefits...many of the others have had to follow :whistling:

16 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

It's quiet now, low season, I've walked around Treetown twice recently and very few customers just many girls serving.

I've thought it's been reasonably busy every night but your post made me look closer. You appear correct as LK bars are full of ladies with maybe half as many blokes in the bar

...umm, is that a bad thing ???? 

I know I was Pa Pa pre-covid, now I'm "Law" and happy to hear "Welcome" without the Pa Pa added ???? 

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I went to a coffee shop yesterday just outside Pattaya, selling Cannabis, first time I've seen it, next to the biscuits

Are you talking some leaves or actual buds.

On 3/2/2022 at 1:38 PM, scubascuba3 said:

It's quiet now, low season, I've walked around Treetown twice recently and very few customers just many girls serving. Pothole meant to be the new soi 6 is quiet even though lots of new bars

A new bar called "Backyard Boogie" and a new gogo called "High Rollers" I think.

Also, some vlogger called "Vlogging A Dead Horse" got into a scuffle on Soi 6 for filming just from the street. It looked like a foreign bar owner or long time customer from "English ????" called him a ???? and chased him down the street with a crowd in tow. He did not even go near the bar, but was just filming down the street. Weird.

Keep your phones pointed down I guess and don't use a selfie stick.

Edited by JimTripper