How are the bars, restaurants, agogos, massage shops, gentleman clubs and any business doing during covid?

scubascuba3

6 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

i walked past it for years without knowing it was there. It's opposite Max Residence, was very good food there until they abruptly left

If it's the one I'm thinking of (hole in the wall is a clue) I didn't know they were gone. I've been out of town 2 months and I am sure they were there when I left. 

I'm not too much of a street food eater but what I had there was OK and they were friendly enough. But there you go. 

28 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

So, are bars in Pattaya still requiring ATK tests?

I've been here a month and never had to show an ATK

Soi Bukhao, LK Metro and Tree Town bars are absolutely ram packed tonight, great to see ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

I've been here a month and never had to show an ATK

Soi Bukhao, LK Metro and Tree Town bars are absolutely ram packed tonight, great to see ????

Triangle on soi pothole also......????

• Like 2

On 2/12/2022 at 12:37 AM, Danderman123 said:

The question is whether the New and Improved Test and Go will entice so many tourists that there won’t be a low season in Pattaya this year.

This year is already a low season and nothing will change for the next 6 months, However from what I've seen the customers are heading to the places that have improved their product and may well be doing better than before.

7 minutes ago, kinyara said:

This year is already a low season and nothing will change for the next 6 months, However from what I've seen the customers are heading to the places that have improved their product and may well be doing better than before.

What product have they improved?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kinyara said:

Let me restate my question: do you think that the improved product in Pattaya will cause the coming Low Season to look like High Season in venues with the improved product?

6 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Let me restate my question: do you think that the improved product in Pattaya will cause the coming Low Season to look like High Season in venues with the improved product?

No I don't think so, but as a customer I'm not complaining., I find it more enjoyable at the moment.

• Like 1

Yet more bars are opening now. It's hard to imagine that there are enough customers for so many bars. 

I am seeing new bars posting photos of big crowds on opening night, perhaps drawn by the free food. But then, no more photos of customers after opening night, so I suspect that the crowds quickly thin out. 

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Yet more bars are opening now. It's hard to imagine that there are enough customers for so many bars. 

I am seeing new bars posting photos of big crowds on opening night, perhaps drawn by the free food. But then, no more photos of customers after opening night, so I suspect that the crowds quickly thin out. 

Plenty of birthday parties; all the girls have at least 2 birthdays per year. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

The reports we get here are bars are ram jam packed.... but likely just busy at weekends. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

The reports we get here are bars are ram jam packed.... but likely just busy at weekends. 

I am sure bars in TreeTown and Soi Buakhow and LK Metro are busy, not sure of other locations. 

It's a bit weird for me, since I can remember when those places didn't exist. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I believe that Australians can come to Thailand now, which translates to lots of new customers. 

Who would risk a positive test upon arriving in Thailand, and associated expenses attached to it, for a 2 week holiday?

It doesn't matter who is allowed out of where, while Thailand has this rule.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Apparently, some Australians are taking the chance. 

I think you will find the majority of tourists to Thailand coming in now are longer stay tourists, also know as snowbirds.  They stay around 3 months, some longer, so if they were quarantined, it's not a big problem for them.

Come here for a 2 week holiday, test positive, get banged up for a week, and given a bill for 70k to 80k baht.  Would you risk it?  

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I think you will find the majority of tourists to Thailand coming in now are longer stay tourists, also know as snowbirds.  They stay around 3 months, some longer, so if they were quarantined, it's not a big problem for them.

Come here for a 2 week holiday, test positive, get banged up for a week, and given a bill for 70k to 80k baht.  Would you risk it?  

Apparently, some Australians are taking the chance. 

• Like 1

On 2/17/2022 at 5:28 PM, Danderman123 said:

Twas ever thus. 

• Like 1