How are the bars, restaurants, agogos, massage shops, gentleman clubs and any business doing during covid?

scubascuba3

1 hour ago, JimTripper said:

A new bar called "Backyard Boogie" and a new gogo called "High Rollers" I think.

Also, some vlogger called "Vlogging A Dead Horse" got into a scuffle on Soi 6 for filming just from the street. It looked like a foreign bar owner or long time customer from "English ????" called him a ???? and chased him down the street with a crowd in tow. He did not even go near the bar, but was just filming down the street. Weird.

Keep your phones pointed down I guess and don't use a selfie stick.

High Rollers is a gentleman club, can't be bothered to try it personally, the vlogging a dead horse incident was on the same soi, Pothole

• Like 1

On 2/28/2022 at 11:28 AM, petermik said:

Always the same stuff and prices to match each other....we need an Aldi here ????

LOL, a checkout operator at ALDI has a target of 3000 items an hour. Thai checkout chicks would have to crank up to warp speed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

The vlogging a dead horse incident was on the same soi, Pothole

I dunno but I saw the attacker in plain view. I think he owns english ????. Will avoid if he's there at the bar ????

Edited by JimTripper
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I am not going to take an ATK test just to go into a bar. If it's a false positive, my life goes into the toilet for 2 weeks. 

I agree but Windmill is ideal home for covid so i can understand why they've set this rule

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

I heard that Windmill has mandatory ATK tests. 

That could come under the heading "the exception that proves the rule." 

I am sure there have been comments on here about places around Walking St that do testing and that place was likely one of them. Long time since I have had a drink in that area. 

2 hours ago, JimTripper said:

I dunno but I saw the attacker in plain view. I think he owns english ????. Will avoid if he's there at the bar ????

He,s a decent guy....more to the story than what was shown.

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

LOL, a checkout operator at ALDI has a target of 3000 items an hour. Thai checkout chicks would have to crank up to warp speed.

Do 12 sausage rolls and 6 cans of Leo count as 2 items or 18?

Edited by champers
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I went to a coffee shop yesterday just outside Pattaya, selling Cannabis, first time I've seen it, next to the biscuits

There's a cannabis shop just after the entrance of Walking street as well. I didn't go in as didn't think it was legal yet but it looked real?

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I am not going to take an ATK test just to go into a bar. If it's a false positive, my life goes into the toilet for 2 weeks. 

Na.U don.t get in, thats it. Just show ure own neg or some.have a supply of neg on hand.

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

They haven't got policeman there to clap you in irons.....just turn around and walk off. (To someplace not bothering with a test, of which it is most all).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, champers said:

Do 12 sausage rolls and 6 cans of Leo count as 2 items or 18?

If they are packaged as one item, they count as one. That was what I was told by an ALDI employee when I enquired.

Cracker was always good fun, thanks.

7 hours ago, rott said:

That could come under the heading "the exception that proves the rule." 

I am sure there have been comments on here about places around Walking St that do testing and that place was likely one of them. Long time since I have had a drink in that area. 

Do any of the bars you go to requiring ATK tests?

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I am not going to bother with all of that to go into a bar.

My question is whether bars are still requiring ATK test results?

It's been said many times, hardly any bars are asking to see ATK. I've seen 2 in almost 2 months I've been here, which I just avoided

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Do any of the bars you go to requiring ATK tests?

No none. Nor any in Bangkok, or any up in the Nakhon. Not that I go to that many but I've never spoken to anyone who has been asked to do one. 

Is your experience different. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

What happens if you test positive, do they hold you for the police or are you free to leave? How do they enforce a hospital trip?

• Like 1

On 3/3/2022 at 4:34 AM, TaaSaparot said:

Dick Dean, opening a second bar on Seven.

Following Bryan Flowers' business model.  If you buy every bar on the Soi, you can't lose, except for the fact there are other sois.  ????  

12 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

It's been said many times, hardly any bars are asking to see ATK. I've seen 2 in almost 2 months I've been here, which I just avoided

I just heard of Windmill and one other, popped into a place in Jomtien other day, no sign whatsoever. As usual, many people making a fuss about nothing. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Leaver said:

Following Bryan Flowers' business model.  If you buy every bar on the Soi, you can't lose, except for the fact there are other sois.  ????  

He does have Assienda on Soi Pothole too.

20 minutes ago, champers said:

He does have Assienda on Soi Pothole too.

He owned blue bar and orange bars, sold them only fat girls in there. I can't see bars in that street making money, more ego trip guys buying bars, exception is Triangle

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

He owned blue bar and orange bars, sold them only fat girls in there. I can't see bars in that street making money, more ego trip guys buying bars, exception is Triangle

How about High Rollers?

14 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

How about High Rollers?

I thought about that, dunno see how it pans out, personally I don't like sports bars where people go into zombie mode looking at screens. I don't know how popular the Den GC along the soi is, my guess is not really