How are the bars, restaurants, agogos, massage shops, gentleman clubs and any business doing during covid?

scubascuba3

2 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Update.........On the massage shops on Pattaya Klang near Soi Bukow.....As of today they are all 100 baht and there are also now 5 @ 80 baht.....I am holding out for 60 baht...lol

Yes many at 80 baht now, the ones at the end of Buakhao agree a price, you know typical Thailand cartel. See if they all drop at once. 

I always find it strange why they charge much more for oil, if they charged 150 they'd get more takers and then scope for more money. Currently at 180 for those Klang shops

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yes many at 80 baht now, the ones at the end of Buakhao agree a price, you know typical Thailand cartel. See if they all drop at once. 

I always find it strange why they charge much more for oil, if they charged 150 they'd get more takers and then scope for more money. Currently at 180 for those Klang shops

Might include a happy ending. That's a lot more work, given the clientele they have to deal with.

14 hours ago, champers said:

Look like utility bills. Will the landlord have to pay if the tenant has thrown in the towel?

I think the process is the utility comes and takes out the meter if the bill goes unpaid. Although I had recent experience near to my home of a bill being overdue for more than a month, but there was still power .... they used to come around and cut the power more quickly in the past, which suggests some leniency or backlog.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I think the process is the utility comes and takes out the meter if the bill goes unpaid. Although I had recent experience near to my home of a bill being overdue for more than a month, but there was still power .... they used to come around and cut the power more quickly in the past, which suggests some leniency or backlog.

I was under the belief they removed a company fuse, or similar, that cut electricity to the property, not the whole meter.  

On 11/21/2020 at 11:24 AM, scammed said:

i saw a massage shop next to me lowered it to 100 now promotion, i am contemplating trying it out,

but i really dont like to try out new places when i finally found a place with effective massage, in my experience 90% is not worth the time let alone money,

its pure luck to find competence

So True.  Couple of years ago I went to Bangkok after breaking my leg.  Intention was to have a massage every day (mainly for leg).

Nearly every massage place completely avoided my leg when I told them I had broken it 6 months earlier.

Turned out, one of my Thai friends in the UK did a much better massage than any I got in Bangkok.

Amazing Thailand!

• Sad 1

Pattaya roads were like a giant car park the last 2 days, I'm sure many just go round and round and then go home, I get a feeling it's mostly round the beach and temples so not sure if they actually spend much, maybe similar to Chinese

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 2

On 11/21/2020 at 6:13 PM, carlyai said:

The place I used to go has the sauna still going but the girls are gone, except the one that used to massage me. She's selling fruit from a stall near the sauna, and massaging when a customer comes.

Hope she washes her hands before selling the fruit again. ????

The oil would get on the fruit.

I would worry less about the oil but more on the virus.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2020 at 4:39 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Pattaya roads were like a giant car park the last 2 days, I'm sure many just go round and round and then go home, I get a feeling it's mostly round the beach and temples so not sure if they actually spend much, maybe similar to Chinese

Yes. I couldn't work that out on Saturday night. Bumper to bumper along Second Rd and Buakhao. Obviously not looking for a parking space to watch the fireworks, still they were probably happy enough so up to them. 

On 11/29/2020 at 7:21 PM, Leaver said:

Carpet parties in subsidized hotel rooms, with som tum and sangsom, with a free fireworks display.   ???? 

I am struggling to visualize carpet parties at the likes of Royal Cliff, The Hilton, Hard Rock, A-One, Dusit Thani, Amari Tower and the 2 Holiday Inn hotels, all of which were reportedly full over the weekend. Plenty of big spenders in town from what I could see.

Many more with smaller budgets too but being able to cater to all social stratas is a big plus in my book.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, champers said:

I am struggling to visualize carpet parties at the likes of Royal Cliff, The Hilton, Hard Rock, A-One, Dusit Thani, Amari Tower and the 2 Holiday Inn hotels, all of which were reportedly full over the weekend. Plenty of big spenders in town from what I could see.

Many more with smaller budgets too but being able to cater to all social stratas is a big plus in my book.

Do you also struggle to visualise sitting on the sand, eating and drinking, watching a free fireworks show?

Where did all these big spenders in these nice hotels, spend?  

15 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Do you also struggle to visualise sitting on the sand, eating and drinking, watching a free fireworks show?

Where did all these big spenders in these nice hotels, spend?  

I sat on the beach in a deckchair and had a drink whilst watching. My beloved better half ate for both of us but laid off the booze as my designated driver. There were thousands sat on the sand drinking booze from minimarts and eating food from same or some of the numerous food stalls.

The big spenders filled the restaurants and bars in and around their hotels like Terrazzo, Gullivers, Green Tree and Red Steps. Some will have eaten at T21, those staying at Grande Centre Point for example.

Edited by champers
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, champers said:

There were thousands sat on the sand drinking booze from minimarts and eating food from same or some of the numerous food stalls.

Thousands of big spenders.  ????

9 minutes ago, champers said:

The big spenders filled the restaurants and bars in and around their hotels like Terrazzo, Gullivers, Green Tree and Red Steps.

Of course they did.

9 minutes ago, champers said:

Some will have eaten at T21

Agreed.  

3 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

What kind of sad act would do that? I don't think I have read a sadder story, ever. 

900 to "ring the bell" in one place I have read about. People pay it to help keep their favourite bars going and their pet girls clothed and fed; charity by another name.

• Thanks 1