How are the bars, restaurants, agogos, massage shops, gentleman clubs and any business doing during covid?

scubascuba3

54 minutes ago, johng said:

I never knew how all those mobile phone booths could  carry on in business all of them selling the exact same stuff with only a finite number of customers.

Yes typical Asia style, loads of places selling the same guff, most should have closed years ago

58 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

R-Con hotel on Soi Bukow has fallen on hard times......For years they were renting rooms out for between 10-12,000 a month not including utilities.......I checked on the prices before......Now I guess they are desperate for renters at 4,000 a month...

28254.jpg

28253.jpg

Whats your point? We know its quiet.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

These pictures are just a small sample of what's going on at Tukcom and these were taken only on the 2nd floor....The 3rd and 4th floor are both I would estimate over half empty...

Is that the Banana IT at the far back wall?

1 minute ago, redwood1 said:

If a drop in price from 10-12K a month to a whopping 4,000 a month does not amaze I don't know what does.....Its not quite.....It's deader than a door knob....

12 k a month is b s for starters. You trying to outdo  the CM poster?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Rents have really dropped, I saw a The Base condo advertised for 7k a month yesterday. Guesthouses should be 4-5k now plus need to lower their electricity to govt rates to compete

Look on RentHub you can get a 35sq  meter Condo with a balcony and a VIEW for 8,000 at the Base....

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, jomtienisgood said:

AirAsia???? lol

I know you can travel but the thread is about Pattaya and he started talking about the situation in CM. They are in the same country but very different situations. Particularly CM has had troubles for a long time particularly the high season pollution. He was posting that alot of new shops were opening. I haven't seen any evidence of that in Pattaya. Maybe you have?

Edited by Wongkitlo
Edit

5 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

I know you can travel but the thread is about Pattaya and he started talking about the situation in CM. They are in the same country but very different situations. Particularly CM has had troubles for a long time particularly the high season pollution. He was posting that alot of new shops were opening. I haven't seen any evidence of that in Pattaya. Maybe you have?

Nope

• Like 1

On 12/3/2020 at 4:53 AM, jacko45k said:

Presumably there is more money in the drink scrounging online,  I get reminders on my phone when one or two places have started streaming and must admit I go take a look. Not likely to get me to buy a tequila on-line from my sofa though, don't do it when actually in there!

So, Pattaya bars are now begging.  

On 11/24/2020 at 1:26 AM, jacko45k said:

I think the process is the utility comes and takes out the meter if the bill goes unpaid. Although I had recent experience near to my home of a bill being overdue for more than a month, but there was still power .... they used to come around and cut the power more quickly in the past, which suggests some leniency or backlog.

Depending on situation can take a few months of unpaid bills before they remove the meter .

8 hours ago, Leaver said:

So, Pattaya bars are now begging.  

I notice no question mark.... yes some are. Those with the wherewithal to set up the streaming and payment  software and hardware. I would say that requires some Western management or help. Hopefully it does not take over the business 100% and eliminate real bums on seats. I might avoid the places myself, or certainly want to know which areas are under camera, so as to sit elsewhere. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sezze said:

Depending on situation can take a few months of unpaid bills before they remove the meter .

Seen recent examples of it being over a month, but quite sure in the past they were quicker. That said I am not certain of the time period from the bills going out to the due date. At some point for water the 7-11 stops accepting them and you have to go to the office. 

Several of the Soi 6 bars have gone virtual, livestreaming their jiggling bodies while begging for 150 baht drinks, and the girls have gotten spoiled rotten. I went to one this week and even the ugly ones won't do short time. As well, they had removed all the comfy couches where you could slap and tickle while negotiating the upstairs price, and replaced them with VERY unfriendly bar stools. Changing times.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, J Town said:

Several of the Soi 6 bars have gone virtual, livestreaming their jiggling bodies while begging for 150 baht drinks, and the girls have gotten spoiled rotten. I went to one this week and even the ugly ones won't do short time. As well, they had removed all the comfy couches where you could slap and tickle while negotiating the upstairs price, and replaced them with VERY unfriendly bar stools. Changing times.

This is the type of news I feared. Did a little time around soi 6 a few weeks back and saw evidence of this.... although one place was also streaming from a shuttered bar,  to an open sister bar nearby and one could order off the TV screen.  Look around or try different places, there was certainly upstairs action being hawked a few weeks back... I hope it hasn't changed so much. 

I wonder how long this will last.... it is an International image I suspect Thai officialdom dislikes. 

• Like 2