Is dual pricing at Thai golf courses still an issue?

ASEAN NOW Golf

dual pricing in effect today at Pattaya Country Club.

Thais: 300 baht

Foreigners: 750 baht (work permit doesn't matter)

This set me back 1830 baht + caddy tip.

needless to say, this is a good encouragement to go play some other courses.

11 minutes ago, tgw said:

I thought they had all inc deal of 1380? - or was that just dyslexia ????

28 minutes ago, tgw said:

The only way to make a difference is if falang boycott those courses with dual pricing

• Like 1

1 minute ago, topt said:

Thanks I will check that tomorrow as we have a booking for next week.

if they don't backtrack, my advice would be to cancel and play somewhere else (don't forget to mention the reason).

Edited by tgw

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

The only way to make a difference is if falang boycott those courses with dual pricing

Not enough Falangs sing the same tune, there is no togetherness here about anything,that is why things will never ever change.

Action needs to be taken and not enough people are prepared to act.

5 hours ago, tgw said:

I would not have paid/played even if i was with 3 falang (buddies ) i would have walked. But i would also have told PCC that i will post on the internet and inform the Tat Office.

But i would also have checked the price 1st and not just turn up.....after all a lot of golf offers on this forum come with the words "price subject to change at our discretion"

3 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

I would not have paid/played even if i was with 3 falang (buddies ) i would have walked. But i would also have told PCC that i will post on the internet and inform the Tat Office.

But i would also have checked the price 1st and not just turn up.....after all a lot of golf offers on this forum come with the words "price subject to change at our discretion"

yes, but... special circumstances. I had to play.

7 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Not enough Falangs sing the same tune, there is no togetherness here about anything,that is why things will never ever change.

Action needs to be taken and not enough people are prepared to act.

PSC and IPGC should do something but they are more concerned with their next beer

If you look back on TVF around 10 years ago to the start of the Korean invasion the biggest bitch here was non availability of tee times. I posted that if the PSC and IPGC played as one group instead of individual bars playing in drips and drabs perhaps the golf clubs would look differently on bookings and pricing. Everyone thought it was a good idea. But as Scuba says the most important issue is the next beer. Only last month a Pattaya group of 10 had their booking cancelled as the club had decided to have a tournament instead. If the Pattaya group had been 100 people would the clubs attitude been different?

Edited by Toosetinmyways
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Toosetinmyways said:

If you look back on TVF around 10 years ago to the start of the Korean invasion the biggest bitch here was non availability of tee times. I posted that if the PSC and IPGC played as one group instead of individual bars playing in drips and drabs perhaps the golf clubs would look differently on bookings and pricing. Everyone thought it was a good idea. But as Scuba says the most important issue is the next beer. Only last month a Pattaya group of 10 had their booking cancelled as the club had decided to have a tournament instead. If the Pattaya group had been 100 people would the clubs attitude been different?

With you 100% on all of that. Who and what are IPCG i have never heard of them.?

A section of 6 pages were waisted on here talking about buying or taking over a golf course...what should happen as you have stated is one  group and one group only or 2 or 3 but all sticking together and not asking but demanding better rates for expats or we boycott your course.We have the numbers we can if sticking together change things. 

Classic for me Burapha golf club you,ll find it on there facebook page...offer 30,000baht membership...you will see that after the add i asked the question how much is membership....reply came back from Mike S 35,000baht??Why add says 30,000baht?? Cos it was bloody obvious from my name that i wasn,t Thai...charming. 

That is where we are on the pecking order down here...an after thought.

What was the name of the course that cancelled the group of 10,s booking+ when were they told of the cancellation?

15 hours ago, tgw said:

if they don't backtrack, my advice would be to cancel and play somewhere else (don't forget to mention the reason).

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

PSC and IPGC should do something but they are more concerned with their next beer

From the latest PSC price list for Pattaya Country Club - 

GF+CD+C :Tue,Wed,Thu 1,380 THB. /Mon,Fri before 12.00 1,830 THB.
/After 12.00 (Carts Compul) 1,680 THB. /After 1pm Weekday:1,180.- &
Weekend: 1,480.-

@tgw seems like your timing was unfortunate........

1 hour ago, Toosetinmyways said:

I posted that if the PSC and IPGC played as one group instead of individual bars playing in drips and drabs perhaps the golf clubs would look differently on bookings and pricing

12 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

what should happen as you have stated is one  group and one group only or 2 or 3 but all sticking together

PSC and IPGC (and PAGS?) have tournament days usually monthly. If you are suggesting as @Toosetinmywaysseems to be that that should happen all the time then it is a non starter. if that is not what you are saying then I am not sure what you are suggesting?

I agree it does not look like PSC do enough these days to get the best deals but who knows as they hardly communicate even if you query something by email.

Bars want to play the courses they want to play at a time that suits them and ideally not have an hour or 2 between the first group and the last group finishing. As an example the organiser of the group I play regularly with, in last couple of high seasons, had some days 50-60 golfers out. So he was running on some days 3 courses to avoid having too big a group.

35 minutes ago, topt said:

From the latest PSC price list for Pattaya Country Club - 

GF+CD+C :Tue,Wed,Thu 1,380 THB. /Mon,Fri before 12.00 1,830 THB.
/After 12.00 (Carts Compul) 1,680 THB. /After 1pm Weekday:1,180.- &
Weekend: 1,480.-

@tgw seems like your timing was unfortunate........

nope, my timing was good, I just forgot my Thai passport...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, topt said:

PSC and IPGC (and PAGS?) have tournament days usually monthly. If you are suggesting as @Toosetinmywaysseems to be that that should happen all the time then it is a non starter. if that is not what you are saying then I am not sure what you are suggesting?

I agree it does not look like PSC do enough these days to get the best deals but who knows as they hardly communicate even if you query something by email.

Bars want to play the courses they want to play at a time that suits them and ideally not have an hour or 2 between the first group and the last group finishing. As an example the organiser of the group I play regularly with, in last couple of high seasons, had some days 50-60 golfers out. So he was running on some days 3 courses to avoid having too big a group.

Pags have gone...no more tournaments no sponsorship. IPCG operate out of where? My suggestion as such is that all groups(only 2 now) PSC and IPCG (of whom i still no nothing) should join together and get us better deals.

Just now, keithsimmonds said:

Pags have gone...no more tournaments no sponsorship. IPCG operate out of where? My suggestion as such is that all groups(only 2 now) PSC and IPCG (of whom i still no nothing) should join together and get us better deals.

I don't disagree but unfortunately if anything they have fragmented. PSC seem to concentrate more on charity, IPCG may be heading the way of PAGS ( https://www.ipgc.golf/About/9658 )and then there is Birdie who separately offered a lot of vouchers for reduced rates from various courses in the previous 2 years and seems purely focused on golf and offer a free handicapping system.

8 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

I am now off to TPR....catch you later.

Lesson? Let us know how it went.

came up today in my FB feed.

100 baht difference is so petty..

and yet it also shows what you are getting "for free" isn't free at all.

hey, of course, you can get the offer for a free pitcher of beer worth 50 baht too! you just have to pay 100 baht more! lol.

I feel insulted by this. It's not about the 100 baht.

It's about the obvious disrespect.

166252684_277188743893179_8951076864526047240_n.jpg

167228164_277189693893084_6296640564450138718_n.jpg

Edited by tgw

6 hours ago, topt said:

I don't disagree but unfortunately if anything they have fragmented. PSC seem to concentrate more on charity, IPCG may be heading the way of PAGS ( https://www.ipgc.golf/About/9658 )and then there is Birdie who separately offered a lot of vouchers for reduced rates from various courses in the previous 2 years and seems purely focused on golf and offer a free handicapping system.

As per usual things never turn out to be what one expected or(i expected) I wasn,t  having a lesson as i pulled a muscle in my chest back in December and was just accompanying a pal who was just showing me the facilities and maybe hit a few balls. All areas chipping putting green grass driving range closed...because of the LPGA tournament in May...can hit balls of the 4 practice mats but that was cut down to 2 practice mats when players/members started hitting balls prior to there round.

Okay nice facilities but you have to be a TPR member to use those facilities...1500baht per lesson, 60 baht tray of balls of mats 100baht tray of balls of grass. Might go back a week after the LPGA has finished?

41 minutes ago, tgw said:

came up today in my FB feed.

100 baht difference is so petty..

and yet it also shows what you are getting "for free" isn't free at all.

hey, of course, you can get the offer for a free pitcher of beer worth 50 baht too! you just have to pay 100 baht more! lol.

I feel insulted by this. It's not about the 100 baht.

It's about the obvious disrespect.

166252684_277188743893179_8951076864526047240_n.jpg

167228164_277189693893084_6296640564450138718_n.jpg

This add along with others is the very reason why we are where we are.  Thaivisa , Psc or Birdie or Pags or IPGC none have the balls to say you cant do this it,s wrong.... prejudice racist call it what you like it,s wrong.  Don,t take my word for

News & article

TAT vows to eliminate dual pricing, mulls expat ID card

Business, Dusida Worrachaddejchai, Published on 04/09/2020

» Expatriates may not be able to join tourism stimulus packages, but the government pledges to end dual pricing as soon as possible.

7 hours ago, topt said:

Thanks for the link to IPGC....very informative and an impressive 579 members.