Trump says he will leave the White House if Electoral College votes for Biden

webfact

35 minutes ago, Tounge Thaied said:

That's right!! When one of the key battleground/contested states the media has declared for Biden are found by a judge (very soon) to have handled their election process incorrectly, Trump will win that state. This will likely cause a domino effect on other similar state "vote irregularities". This will bring down the necessarily needed 270 Electoral College votes to below 270 and we will likely see a Constitutional requirement to move the vote to the House of Representatives... where Republicans will hold the majority vote. 

Er - Democrats hold the majority in Congress, Republicans hold the majority in the Senate.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, placeholder said:

If you're referring to Pennsylvania, the State Supreme Court just dismissed that case with prejudice. The judicial system frowns on plaintiffs who play gotcha.

And they have to pay $3 million for their ineptitude.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Tounge Thaied said:

Yes.. Pennsylvania is one of the contested states... yes, I saw that Supreme Court ruling... there is 2 weeks to go before the electoral college convenes on December 14th. 

The US Supreme Court has also ruled that it doesn't like cases where such gotcha games are played. But it gets even worse for you. The right wingers are pushing a new doctrine that says tjat state legilatures are solely responsible for rules governing voting. So even if that law was ruled to violate the state constitution, that would be irrelevant.

15 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If the vote went to congress it's not on a party majority vote. It's on a state vote, each state having ONE vote. I believe that enough states would vote for Trump for him to win.

You may be right, assuming it ever got that far. Just another confirmation of how f###ed up the US electoral system is.

• Like 1

Just now, EVENKEEL said:

The US must be an awesome country since everybody like to take a jab at it.

It is an awesome country, I've visited many places there. Yosemite, Chicago, New Orleans, bayou country to name a few. The problem is it has too many ratbags in it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tounge Thaied said:

One delegate from each state legislature gets a vote in the house of representatives. Currently there are 31 republican and 19 democrat legislatures... so if litigation is successful in litigating enough of the swing states to bring down below 270 electoral college votes, then the vote will likely proceed along party lines in the House of Representatives giving Trump the win.

The scumbags strategy becomes obvious. I will now turn away from this disgusting scenario. It is not my country and I wont be missed by anyone taking interest in their matters. Good luck.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If the vote went to congress it's not on a party majority vote. It's on a state vote, each state having ONE vote. I believe that enough states would vote for Trump for him to win.

Luckily, it won't go to congress. Game over. Trump’s the loser. Again.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

If we were to elect the president with popular votes the large populated areas would run the country. Perhaps non Americans don't understand the diverse landscape of the USA with lightly populated states. The electoral vote is the most fair. 

The EC is fair if you are a republican and like gerrymandering. It was created over 200 years ago. Time for a change. The president should be elected by popular votes.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Developed nations like France, Spain and Finland have moved away from electoral college.because it is unfair to the people. How it is fair when the majority rights have been silence by the minority. Can we not claimed that US is not a democratic nation. 

So folks who live in the most rural states don't get a say unless they are liberals. USA is 18 times larger than France so not the same. There's a legitimate reason for the electoral syatem in the USA regardless of what others think. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1