Train tickets online booking

ianh68

Can anyone make sense of this? I just tried to book a train ticket online for 3 Jan 2021 and was told I had to wait till 13 days in advance. My wife yesterday successfully purchased tickets by phone for another trip 30 days in advance. So if I wait till 13 days before 3 Jan will all the tickets have been snapped up by those using the phone option?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Which site did you use. I went on the old site and it has a message that all bookings after the 18th have to be done on the new site. https://dticket.railway.co.th/DTicketPublicWeb/home/Home

Ah - I wondered what that was - it was hanging so much I gave up. I just tried again and got in - thanks. I want to travel from Nong Khai (North Eastern line) bit it gives me two options Nong Khai Nam and Nongkhai Mai. Do you know the difference?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

The new website works very crappy IMO. I also noticed tickets can't be booked for more than 14 days in advance.

Are you sure you're on the new site?  There are only 14 days still to go on the old site, and the new one should go up to 29 days and did at the time of this previous thread.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1192798-thai-train-tickets-can-now-be-bought-online

15 hours ago, treetops said:

Are you sure you're on the new site?  There are only 14 days still to go on the old site, and the new one should go up to 29 days and did at the time of this previous thread.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1192798-thai-train-tickets-can-now-be-bought-online

When I had a look a week or so ago it looked like you could only see availability for up to 30 days, but it could have been 29.

It was pretty rubbish, some seat options showed nothing available but if refreshed became available and vice versa.

I have bought train tickets fairly regularly and it has always been 60 days at the railway station.

To answer the OP, unless things have changed, the best seats, particularly first class, will have gone before appearing online.

An agent 12Go Asia has an office in the main railway station and they take advance bookings and go buy the tickets as soon as the window opens but charge a fee, I think 250 baht.

• Thanks 1

On 12/4/2020 at 4:34 PM, sometimewoodworker said:

The difference is about 365 km, Nong Khai Nam is a district near Korat. 

So is Nongkhai Mai the original Nongkhai station? My Thai wife who comes from Nongkhai says she has never heard of it.

4 hours ago, ianh68 said:

So is Nongkhai Mai the original Nongkhai station? My Thai wife who comes from Nongkhai says she has never heard of it.

No. The original Nong Khai station has been superseded by Nong Khai New station both named Nong Khai station so while your transliteration of the word “Mai” doesn’t give the meaning due to lack of tone a meaning is new. As it’s new that’s why your wife hasn’t heard of it.
if you want a sleeper then they are #25 & #26 depending on direction, both leave close to 8:00pm