Ownership and removal of house contents

4 hours ago, Jen65 said:

we are not talking about mutual separation, Usufruct or the actual removal of personal effects - I am asking who legally owns the contents if one has paid for same and has receipts .  What I have is not a Usufruct !!

I understand but if you sepperate with mutual agreement and don't have a fighting , then you can surely talk about deviding your ???? without having to fight over it . And if cannot good luck if it's not realy in your name for a 100% and with proof and the right paperwork you don't own ????.

6 hours ago, Jen65 said:

we are not talking about mutual separation, Usufruct or the actual removal of personal effects - I am asking who legally owns the contents if one has paid for same and has receipts .  What I have is not a Usufruct !!

Can you please explain your legal claim to the property, as the advice you will receive will depend on the claim you have.

Clearly detail your claim because we are not here to play guessing games and offer continuous advice when you will not clearly explain the circumstances.

If you cannot do that I will close the topic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CharlieH said:

As I understand it, doesnt matter what receipts you have, anything purchased or aquired during the marriage are 50/50.Any items aquired prior to marriage is yours with supporting evidence.

I don't believe there was any marriage.

20 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

You spout b******s, I was married for a long long time, one day she up & left me, claimed my shift pattern had ruined our marriage. Not a lot I could do about that buster.

Who spouts BS?

When a person has 3 or 4 failed relationships, that person is the common denominator. No BS about that is there. I would think a person that has failed that many times would understand they are doing something wrong, but many never do and continue to fail and give away all their stuff.

She up and left you and you are still bitter.

Some people manage to stay married forever. Some don't work out.

There is always fault somewhere, admitting that is another story.

We don't know your story, it may be what you have been talking yourself into over the years, but clearly you are still bitter.

If your shift pattern was really to blame, why didn't you do something about before your marriage fell apart?

Marriage is 2 people 50/50. You meet their needs, they meet your needs. If a person is not getting their needs met, they split. Pretty simple concept.

Too many people never realize that until it is too late. Then they spend the rest of their life being bitter.

So no, it is not about spouting BS. It is about filling the other half's needs. You obviously failed to recognize that in time to save your marriage.

On 12/8/2020 at 10:08 AM, jomtienisgood said:

Is this similar to usufruct?? Obviously seems much cheaper as one wouldn't need a lawyer.. Is this correct??

YES !  It is , no lawyer required !!  That's why I said not many know about it !!  Very cheap way to ensure you keep access to your property at the time of purchase .   It is valid for 30 years or until you die or you rescind it !!      

On 12/8/2020 at 7:42 PM, bwpage3 said:

Who spouts BS?

When a person has 3 or 4 failed relationships, that person is the common denominator. No BS about that is there. I would think a person that has failed that many times would understand they are doing something wrong, but many never do and continue to fail and give away all their stuff.

She up and left you and you are still bitter.

Some people manage to stay married forever. Some don't work out.

There is always fault somewhere, admitting that is another story.

We don't know your story, it may be what you have been talking yourself into over the years, but clearly you are still bitter.

If your shift pattern was really to blame, why didn't you do something about before your marriage fell apart?

Marriage is 2 people 50/50. You meet their needs, they meet your needs. If a person is not getting their needs met, they split. Pretty simple concept.

Too many people never realize that until it is too late. Then they spend the rest of their life being bitter.

So no, it is not about spouting BS. It is about filling the other half's needs. You obviously failed to recognize that in time to save your marriage.

we are not married , I am not bitter , we are still good friends and my ex is trying to sell the property knowing full well it was my capital that paid for it and we will split the proceeds 50/50 .  All I asked is who legally owns the contents .  All your comments are meaningless to my situation.

In this situation the good are yours. You can remove them or sell them.

As I previously stated, the owner can sell the property without your permission, however it is unlikely anyone will purchase the property if you do not release the Usufruct.

The very worst situation for the owner is if you walk away and cannot be contacted, as it will be incredibly difficult for them to ever cancel the Usufruct.

If you agree to cancel the Usufruct to enable a sale to take place, insist on attending the land office on the day of the sale. Do not sign any documents in advance.

On the day of the sale the seller should have two bank cheques. One in your name and one in your partner's name. If you can't see your cheque, don't sign to release the Usufruct.

• Like 2

On 12/10/2020 at 9:13 AM, blackcab said:

In this situation the good are yours. You can remove them or sell them.

As I previously stated, the owner can sell the property without your permission, however it is unlikely anyone will purchase the property if you do not release the Usufruct.

The very worst situation for the owner is if you walk away and cannot be contacted, as it will be incredibly difficult for them to ever cancel the Usufruct.

If you agree to cancel the Usufruct to enable a sale to take place, insist on attending the land office on the day of the sale. Do not sign any documents in advance.

On the day of the sale the seller should have two bank cheques. One in your name and one in your partner's name. If you can't see your cheque, don't sign to release the Usufruct.

Don't worry , I have the document all ready , drawn up in Thai by my Lawyer and ready to present just before any potential buyer is ready to sign at the Land Office !  Only then will I pull out my document to be signed first , giving me 50% of the proceeds !!! 

2 hours ago, Jen65 said:

Don't worry , I have the document all ready , drawn up in Thai by my Lawyer and ready to present just before any potential buyer is ready to sign at the Land Office !  Only then will I pull out my document to be signed first , giving me 50% of the proceeds !!! 

Any document you have matters very little. The important thing is what is written on the back of the title deed.

Furthermore as a Usufructee you are not entitled to any part of the sale price. Do not get into a public arguement about this because the conclusion might be that you are using the Usufruct to own land by proxy, which is a criminal matter in Thailand.

What you can receive, however, is compensation for the unused portion of your Usufruct that you agree to cancel, and this might well be 50 per cent of the sale price.

This is a matter for private discussion and should not be a public matter at the land office.

However, as they say in Thailand: Up to you.