'On a knife edge': Britain and EU in last-ditch trade talks

webfact

5 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

No surprise there the Guardian lying but it will still remain the bastion newspaper of the deluded, lefty remainers.

Boris should walk away and I have been saying that for a long time as the EU dos not want a deal with an independent UK.

One great thing for me regarding the whole referendum situation from 2015 onwards and the campaign is the awareness it has brought o the people. Those who didn't know what the EU was about or how they operate.

Now people are aware and those that i know are not impressed. the EU did a pretty good job of hiding its operation.

I have always said to people just watch yes Minister to get an idea of what British politics is like and the way the EU operate.

This classic clips just gives an insight.

Poor khunken is sad. How we will all cope.????

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

:cheesy:???? Hopefully they will throw those in jail responsible for signing up to treaties that sold the country down the river (Blair/Major) and will put those who are traitors and sold their souls to the EU on trial (Kinnock, Cameron, Mas=y and a whole lot of others).

ted heath gave away british fish stocks so they want to keep it that way ,kinnock and family became  very wealthy from the EU gravey train by selling out their labour voters in a very cheap way

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vinny41 said:

you put property up for sale, someone makes an offer which you accept , transaction appears to progress then a couple of days before exchanging contracts, buyer wants a further 10-20% discount no reason given.

This is what happens in England  (a barsteward tried it on me once). In civilised countries like Scotland (and France, I believe) this kind of thing cannot happen.   We poor English must suffer because our politicians  like to support people who cheat and lie.

• Thanks 1

it goes the other way now ????

The UK again 'hold all the cards'

Gove has recently defended his claim, implying he meant not that Britain would hold all the best cards, but just that it would hold its own cards.

well done, Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster, now your claim as a politician is that you are actually able to hold cards. That's realistic. My recommandation is that you hold your cards close to your chest and do not drop them.

..and "We’re nearly there but we are not quite there yet" https://bit.ly/36OyQ8U

image.png.9a438001868060252573d4ac75bc66b7.png

Edited by Hi from France

5 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Jeez man the whole of the EU is built on a lie and betrayal. Where have you been for the last 50 years.

How so?

Some examples of these lies and betrayals, please.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vogie said:

How you don't get suspended with remarks like that is truly mystifying. 

I am ignorant of the reason why those who often criticise the English of non native born speakers still fail to understand the meaning of  the words ignorant and ignorance.

You say you were suspended for using the word; but I suspect there was more to it than just that.

Certainly would have been in my days as a Mod.

Edited by 7by7
Addendum

10 hours ago, Hi from France said:

So the Brexiteers government chooses access to the European energy market over some fish quota, not a big surprise considering the attractiveness of the offer made.. 

But "nothing is agreed until everything is agreed" 

And even if there's a deal, the British government doesn't trust it can speedily import Covid-19 vaccine from Belgium just across the channel 

Now, there are two much bigger hurdles, the first being the UK access to the European market while undermining European standards with low pay or pollution 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/dec/06/major-breakthrough-on-fishing-rights-brings-brexit-deal-closer

The second is the newly-acquired reputation of the Brits as liars, signing a treaty and then reneging 

Screenshot_20201207-050924_Guardian.jpg

Check which current members of the EU pay low wages and check who the biggest polluters are. 

But it's do as we say, not as we do, of course.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

HAHA, that's exactly what the EU want - a level playing field (competition rules)! You just made the EU's point!

Only it's not level. Not all member states interpret the rules the same. Some are rather creative when it suits.

Start with France and work you way around. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

This is coming from a man (?) who entered these Brexit threads a couple of months ago claiming to be an innocent and impartial onlooker just seeking opinions from Brits, and then turned out to be a Brit bashing rabid anti-Brexiter. 

I beg to differ

If you read my posts, I do appreciate the contributions of different posters, including some brexiteers (especially when they point out some of my mistakes with relevant sources) and disagree some on the opposite side (though clearly less).

You also have seen I am quite pro-brexit, as I think the European Union is better off now and has been able to act decisively like never before like with the €1.8 trillion covid recovery plan.

Yes I do believe that this brexit is a car crash, and I do admit it's not all rosy in the EU, quite the opposite

I am pro-Europe and never claimed to be innocent nor impartial

I'm an anglophile (did part of my studies in the UK with Erasmus), very interested in Brexit.

and do admit after the initial shock and awe of Brexit  in 2016, I did experience some Schadenfreude seeing how the successive UK governments messed up things and how empty slogans turned into harsh reality.

I am really an anglophile, I read more british press than french press and not only the anti-brexit press, I spend do a bit of time watching inquiries by the british parliament or reading the diversity of opinions here or even https://www.telegraph.co.uk/brexit/ like :

image.thumb.png.a7b52cd956e57b66bc62f86fca36ca1f.png

Edited by Hi from France
  • Like 2

image.png.5cc5603e5bc2920d920b2b7d7bc609

This should be cancelled unconditionally not any conditions if U.K. would like to give trust and good faith........

on conditions as mentioned it only looks like BLACKMAIL ......eg. give me what i wish and then i dont break international law and signed treaty ....

Realy no shame Boris has  ...

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

Brexit-backing Ineos boss confirms new cars will be built in France instead of Wales

Ineos has confirmed its new Grenadier cars will be manufactured in France, not Wales as had been hoped.

The chemical conglomerate, controlled by prominent Brexit supporter Sir Jim Ratcliffe, said it will build the vehicles at the former Mercedes-Benz factory in Hambach, Moselle, following a deal with the German carmaker.

Production of a new vehicle inspired by the Land Rover Defender was due to begin in Bridgend next year, creating around 500 jobs once production reached full capacity.

Brexit-backing Ineos boss confirms new cars will be built in France instead of Wales | The Independent