Trump keeps up false claims of widespread fraud at Georgia rally for U.S. senators

webfact

45 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Yes, can even run while incarcerated.

True - the eligibility requirements to be a US presidential candidate are remarkably minimal.

"As directed by the Constitution, a presidential candidate must be a natural born citizen of the United States, a resident for 14 years, and 35 years of age or older."

That's it. No other requirements or restrictions.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

Can't wait for this.  But Trump will still be in Florida.  Doubt he'll be back after the holidays.  It will be the first time in a long time a sitting president didn't attend the inauguration.  Horrible leader.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/12/04/opinions/electoral-college-important-dates-before-inauguration-alexander/

Mike Pence is going to put the seal on Donald Trump's defeat

• Like 1

It's kind of interesting, this debate where people presumably outside the US still argue vehemently as if they'd never left the place. 

For me, (and OK, I'm not a US citizen), reprehensible as Trump is, the question really is: are the Democrats any better? Obama's selection of his first cabinet was influenced mightily by Citibank, it was a government run for the benefit of corporates, it left out the ordinary people especially the middle class who saw job security become more tenuous and incomes just continue to drop,  so no wonder there was fertile ground for a populist like Trump promising to 'drain the swamp.' 

To answer my own question: the way Trump has attacked institutions in the US (and is continuing to do so even in the twilight of his presidency), the US has come awfully close to something resembling a tin pot fascist state. Trying to force state governors to ignore the will of the people is symbolic of how far he's willing to destroy the things that actually do make America great, just to serve his own ends. I really hope he continues to lose. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Not true at all, way more people died in the USA because of his Covid lies.

http://web.mit.edu/humancostiraq/

The second household survey, conducted by the Hopkins scientists again, was completed in June 2006 and published four months later in The Lancet. Its findings: 650,000 people (civilians and fighters) died as a result of the war in Iraq.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Last updated: December 08, 2020, 10:05 GMT

United States

Deaths:

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Biden inherits a weak economy, high UE, massive debt and a pandemic....plus the problem of labor's lack of pricing power has not only not gone away, it will only get worse as capital owners seek to minimize the use of human labor.

it will only get worse as capital owners seek to minimize the use of human labor.

Well, you got that right, IMO.

IMO Trump is fortunate to be out of it as the economic problems are going to be vast when the unemployment assistance ends end of the month, unless the senate can come up with something pretty quick.

Even if the senate does avoid the abyss, the problems are still going to be huuuuuge.

46 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The second household survey, conducted by the Hopkins scientists again, was completed in June 2006 and published four months later in The Lancet. Its findings: 650,000 people (civilians and fighters) died as a result of the war in Iraq.

United States

Deaths:

Fine. Trump only comes in 2nd since 1974

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

United States

Deaths:

I am talking about USA deaths as your great hero says he only cares about America (more likely only him self)

Edited by FritsSikkink
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

I am talking about USA deaths as your great hero says he only cares about America (more likely only him self)

Blaming Covid deaths in Trump? Whatever next, this is clutching at straws. Take a look at the deaths in neighbouring countries. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

For crying out load , that gets repeated over and over and over again on these forums .

*Yeah, cuz its true* 

Everyday , numerous times *Trump is a liar

Yep its demonstrably true , why do you think so many are still in denial?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

[Trump] is at it again, spewing lies and/or state secrets. There is just no limits to this guy's stupidity, no limit at all. Imagine being so far gone you're actually cheering this idiot!:crazy:

Trump bragged about a weapon that doesn't appear to actually exist to a cheering crowd in Georgia

""Brand new missiles and rockets, hypersonic missiles, we have hypersonic and hydrosonic," Trump said in Valdosta, "you know what hydrosonic is, water."

"We have them all," he continued, "we have missiles that can go seven times faster than any missile in the world." As he finished these remarks, the crowd loudly chanted "USA, USA, USA!""

I'm willing to make a large bet that the combined IQ at that event did not exceed 3 figures. Any takers?

Why the gratuitous insults at Trump supporters? Yes, they're mostly very ignorant of public policy and government affairs in general. As is Trump. But ignorance is not the same thing as intelligence.

4 hours ago, placeholder said:

Why the gratuitous insults at Trump supporters? Yes, they're mostly very ignorant of public policy and government affairs in general. As is Trump. But ignorance is not the same thing as intelligence.

Ignorant is defined as :lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.

Anyone who has watched or listened for four+ years to Trump tell lie after lie after lie, praise someone one day and fire them the second they dare question anything he does or says, cons his cult to send in hundreds of millions to fatten his bank accounts, encourages his cult to ignore basic safety precautions re covid,  is not very intelligent as they seem incapable of processing information.  Fool me once shame on you:  Fool me twice shame on me.

An intelligent person will learn from their mistakes.  A trumper continues to drink the kool aid long after it's expiration date.  Intelligent?  I don't think so.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

The moron is at it again, spewing lies and/or state secrets. There is just no limits to this guy's stupidity, no limit at all. Imagine being so far gone you're actually cheering this idiot!:crazy:

Trump bragged about a weapon that doesn't appear to actually exist to a cheering crowd in Georgia

""Brand new missiles and rockets, hypersonic missiles, we have hypersonic and hydrosonic," Trump said in Valdosta, "you know what hydrosonic is, water."

"We have them all," he continued, "we have missiles that can go seven times faster than any missile in the world." As he finished these remarks, the crowd loudly chanted "USA, USA, USA!""

I'm willing to make a large bet that the combined IQ at that event did not exceed 3 figures. Any takers?

Just imagine how great he is going to be at keeping national secrets when he is out of office and craving attention. 

Edited by Tie Dye Samurai
  • Like 1