45-day Tourist Visa Mulled

snoop1130

Unfortunately this will only apply to the financially 'well to do' retired and young populations.  And, will not benefit the still working population who are lucky to have 2-3 and maybe 4 weeks vacation time per year.  Also, at this time there are too many ridiculously high cost insurance requirements and other potential regulatory roadblocks to any tourism in Thailand.  Only when these newly implemented requirements are discontinued will tourism return to anything like in past years.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The government’s business easing committee will propose the government extend the validity of tourist visas to 45 days from 30 days to attract visitors.

Business easing committee, they don't get it..... until the quarantine is off the table no tourists are coming.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

until the quarantine is off the table no tourists are coming.

Agreed.

Oh, and hundreds of flights per week.

Re-starting enough airlift capacity will take at least nine months. And will require advanced bookings for planning. Horse/cart dilemma.

But you're right, until TVE and VoA are re-implemented along with elimination of all the virus-y requirements, very few tourists would come, even when the current wave ends in the spring.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 86Tiger said:

".......work out measures to attract visitors......"

I guess if you have no idea why people were coming in the first place, offering a 45 day visa is good a response as any......

it seems like the best way to attract visitors is to shut the <delete> up ...

• Like 1

The Thai Government is lacking the knowledge of how to handle these issues since they are NOT tourists or foreigners working in Thailand. Their egos are running over their knowledge.

They need to bring in some actual tourists, expats, etc into their discussion groups in order to learn what attracts tourist and what discourages them from Visiting Thailand.

• Like 2

Its a bit unbelievable the Thai Visa forum allows articles like this to be posted unchecked. Its embarassing. Tourist Visa is 60 days extendable by 30 days. They are clearly referering to a 30 day Visa Exempt Entry. Come on Thai Visa get yout act together.

2 hours ago, ThaiDiamond said:

Remember that all the current visa types--or exemptions--are suspended.  In effect, right now they don't exist.

Lol wrong. Single Entry Tourist visa allowed. Non O based on marriage or retirement allowed. Please keep up.

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

BANGKOK, Dec 7 (TNA) – The government’s business easing committee will propose the government extend the validity of tourist visas to 45 days from 30 days to attract visitors.

They somehow conjecture that extending the visa an extra 15 days is an incentive to attract visitors and ignore the covid testing, fit to fly, certificate of entry and quarantine blockades that are put up to discourage people from coming. 

I don't understand your specific kind of crazy, but I do admire your total  commitment to it. - Post by emelieaden on Boldomatic

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, ImageDude said:

Instead of Immigration using the Covid-19 pandemic downtime to revamp the existing outdated and outmoded Visa System, they just keep throwing more visas into the confusion.

The rules are not made by immigration. They are made by the government and immigration are obliged to enforce them. The chance of this government easing anything regarding foreigners is probably zero.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

I love this idea.  Because everybody I know who wants to come to Thailand is scratching their backsides over the hoops they have to jump through, to get the visa and misc. other permissions from their respective embassies!

So, we go back to visa on arrival (30 days) plus 15 days paid quarantine, but the beauty is, you get to arrive in Thailand just like before, just tack on an extra 15 days at the start of holiday (cost about $1000) and relax in your room, eat and drink, watch tv, whatever!

Thailand version 2.

I like it.

Or go somewhere else where you don't have to spend 15 days in quarantine (cost about $1000 that you don't need to spend elsewhere) and relax in a restaurant, eating and drinking with the $1000 you've saved by choosing somewhere other than Thailand.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Salerno said:

So I was right about where you pulled it from then :coffee1:

Yes, just reading the tea leaves and speculating.

One thing about Thailand that is unique. Rumors almost always become true.

Unless you have PR already, revisit your plan B. Mine is looking like plan A now.

covid-19 is just the thin edge of the wedge.

Meanwhile let me know when visa free travel becomes possible again for westerners.

???? ????????

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Or go somewhere else where you don't have to spend 15 days in quarantine (cost about $1000 that you don't need to spend elsewhere) and relax in a restaurant, eating and drinking with the $1000 you've saved by choosing somewhere other than Thailand.

Like, which countries?

Options appear limited?

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php

• Like 1

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

BANGKOK, Dec 7 (TNA) – The government’s business easing committee will propose the government extend the validity of tourist visas to 45 days from 30 days to attract visitors.

Why don’t they just do 90 visa which will cut down on the work load.  People spend to much of their time trying to get extension and cut out the corruption. ????????????????

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mtls2005 said:

Like, which countries?

Options appear limited?

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php

Doing just that, i'm in Portugal at the moment, no quarantine and no hassle, free entrance........ bars open and all the fun of the fair.......       Thailand's killing itself with all this confusion and xenophobia and most people just don't trust it anymore....... Like i've said many times........ New management needed..... 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Truth Will Set You Free said:

Why don’t they just do 90 visa which will cut down on the work load.  People spend to much of their time trying to get extension and cut out the corruption. ????????????????

Money...... 1900 first pop, 1900 second pop........  Then there's all the external costs of visa runs....... All about the money honey.........  Greed, rampant greed.......  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Olivie said:

They are slow, but it seems they start to understand that the worst for their economy is coming without foreign tourists...

Not just Thailand...

Edited by Tech65