Governors urged to stop illegal border crossings following new COVID-19 cluster among returnees from Myanmar

snoop1130

Governors urged to stop illegal border crossings following new COVID-19 cluster among returnees from Myanmar

372f3ae44f764dee4cfa2abb8bbdffe0_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Ministry of Interior has ordered governors of all border provinces to suppress illegal border crossing through natural borders, following new cases of COVID-19 found among Thai workers returning from Myanmar through illegal channels, while Thai authorities are now asking all Thai nationals in neighboring countries to follow the protocol set for all returnees strictly.

The Ministry of Interior Permanent Secretary Chatchai Phromlert has issued an order to provincial governors to coordinate with the police, the military and public health officials on the surveillance and suppression of persons entering the country through illegal channels, without complying with disease control protocols.

In the order, village headsmen, executives of local administrations and local volunteers are asked to help surveil unusual activities and set up disease control checkpoints for persons traveling into their areas, while the officials have full authority to prosecute those found to have entered the country illegally, according to the public health and immigration laws.

The Ministry of Interior has told governors to inform related officials not to be negligent about, get involved with, or have sympathy for actions which are illegal or do not comply with the government’s policy.

nnt.jpg

-- © Copyright NNT 2020-12-07

• Like 1

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Ministry of Interior has ordered governors of all border provinces to suppress illegal border crossing through natural borders

As we're in a "state of emergency" would this not be considered a dereliction of duty?

• Like 1

In the last two months, thousands of Cambodian laborers, mainly lamyai fruit pickers have appeared everywhere near my home. I have no idea but the wife and many others all insist they are illegal. When they were legally allowed to come at the start of August none did, as it was not the season, as well as being too expensive and complicated. As it is a completely Chinese controlled industry and these workers are vital to it, I imagine some method was worked out. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bluetongue said:

In the last two months, thousands of Cambodian laborers, mainly lamyai fruit pickers have appeared everywhere near my home. I have no idea but the wife and many others all insist they are illegal. When they were legally allowed to come at the start of August none did, as it was not the season, as well as being too expensive and complicated. As it is a completely Chinese controlled industry and these workers are vital to it, I imagine some method was worked out. 

And the Cambo's still cross daily into Thailand at Chong Chom to make their way to Surin, where possibly one of the crowd 0f 5-10 who cram in a car may need some medical attention. The rest swan off to Big C and Makro. No quarantine required,. Not sure what sweeteners are involved for the immigration people!

2 hours ago, prakhonchai nick said:

And the Cambo's still cross daily into Thailand at Chong Chom to make their way to Surin, where possibly one of the crowd 0f 5-10 who cram in a car may need some medical attention. The rest swan off to Big C and Makro. No quarantine required,. Not sure what sweeteners are involved for the immigration people!

Have just heard that the Governor of Surin has ordered security be tightened on the borders with Cambodia.. Why at this late stage. The Cambo;'s crossing on a daily basis has been going on for over 6 months under his nose.  And he did not know????????????????