Certificate of Entry rejected with a text module on health insurance. Valid Non-O retirement extension and re-entry

Hi,
holding valid Non-O retirement extension and re-entry permit I applied for a CoE. Both are valid until end of January.
I also uploaded a certificate of my German health insurance company BDAE in English, with min coverage of USD 100,000 for Covid, in- and out-patient treatments.

I just got a text module as rejection:

Royal Thai Consulate-General, Frankfurt has rejected your registration/application.
Due to The insurance coverage of in-patient medical treatment valued 400,000 baht and out-patient valued 40,000 baht is required together with an insurance coverage of COVID-19 treatment valued 100,000 USD

What went wrong?

Insurance rejected because:
1) BDAE is not eligible?
2) Both Covid and in- out-patient treatments are certified on one single document stating min $100k?
3) In- and out-patient "only" covering min $100k instead of the much less 4k and 400k THB?

Of course I would like to ask the Frankfurt Consulate but no chance to get somebody on the phone there.

Did anybody had more luck with a BDAE certificate?
Should I buy a useless Thai insurance instead?
Or would an other wording of BDEA suffice?

Text of the insurance certificate of BDAE:

Insurance policy number: nnnnn
Insured person:  Mr X Y
Period of coverage:  from 01/01/2016 - unlimited
Type of insurance: Health insurance for long-term journeys
Tariff: EXPAT Retired
Area of application: worldwide incl. Thailand
Outpatient treatment:  100 %
Inpatient treatment:  100 %
Amount of cover: at least 100.000 USD
Insurance Company: Swiss Life Prévoyance et Santé
Contractual partner: BDAE Dienstleistungsgesellschaft mbH

Medically necessary treatments, examinations and medication in the context of a Covid-19 disease caused by the corona virus are insured cover at least 100.000 USD to unlimited. The corona test will be paid if it is on doctor's  orders and when symptoms occur.

• Sad 2

Apparently they want proof of both the $100,000 covid 19 insurance and the 40/400 insurance required for a OA visa.

Either it is a misunderstanding by the consulate or they require the insurance for both the non-o visa and OA visa entry that has been extended at immigration.

I looked at their website I did not find any useful info about it. Link for home page. https://www.thaikonfrankfurt.de/de/

I found this that does mention the 40/400 baht insurance on the embassy website.

http://german.thaiembassy.de/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Visaantrag-Checklist-Non-Immigrant-Visum-O-Retirement-1.pdf

Thank you all for your hints.

Joe, I would try with an extra certificate of a 40/400 insurance then.
Must this be from some eligible insurers or would it help if I got an extra certificate from my BDAE for out-patirent/in-patient 40/400?

Trial an error as I can't ask them what they want? ????

17 hours ago, Noxi said:

Must this be from some eligible insurers or would it help if I got an extra certificate from my BDAE for out-patirent/in-patient 40/400?

That would be acceptable. It does not have to be from a Thai insurance company.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2020 at 8:12 AM, ubonjoe said:

Apparently they want proof of both the $100,000 covid 19 insurance and the 40/400 insurance required for a OA visa.

Either it is a misunderstanding by the consulate or they require the insurance for both the non-o visa and OA visa entry that has been extended at immigration.

I looked at their website I did not find any useful info about it. Link for home page. https://www.thaikonfrankfurt.de/de/

I found this that does mention the 40/400 baht insurance on the embassy website.

http://german.thaiembassy.de/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Visaantrag-Checklist-Non-Immigrant-Visum-O-Retirement-1.pdf

yes, they write that this requirement is new:

8. Neu während der COVID-19 Pandemie: zusätzlicher AuslandskrankenversicherungsNachweis → die Krankenversicherung muss über die gesamte Dauer des Aufenthalts in Thailand wie folgt decken: · Ambulant (OPD) Leistung muss mind. 40.000 THB/Jahr (1.300 EUR/Jahr) betragen · Stationär (IPD) Leistung muss mind. 400.000 THB/Jahr (13.000 EUR/Jahr) betragen

15 minutes ago, andre47 said:

yes, they write that this requirement is new:

It could be the entire allowance for the retirement extension with a re-entry permit is new or even the embassy issuing a non-o visa for retirement is new.

Other embassies and consulates are wanting the 40/400 for the non-o visa application now. But not for the certificate of entry for a existing extension from a non-o visa entry. Only the coved 19 insurance is required.

@Noxi

had the same insurance specifications like you. My insurer even downloaded a form from Thailand and filled in the figures in hand  writing. Had outpatient $100'000 and inpatient $100'000 both incl covid.

My COE got approved right away.

Most probably your embassy misunderstood something.

I know, it's quite annoying that they don't answer the phone, but keep trying!

Good luck!

• Like 1

On 12/9/2020 at 1:20 AM, geisha said:

I think it means you need two separate policies. One for 100000$ Covid, and one normal health insurance.

That is definitely not the case. My friend just got a COE with a single policy very similar to that of the OP - unlimited inpatient and outpatient coverage, full unlimited coverage for Covid, and no expiration date. This case appears to be a misunderstanding of the OP's policy by the Frankfurt consulate.

• Like 2

On 12/9/2020 at 10:40 AM, ubonjoe said:

That would be acceptable. It does not have to be from a Thai insurance company.

I had a similar issue. The consulate clarified that it must be clearly stated that 40,000 Baht is allocated to outpatient only (cannot be lumped together with inpatient). I could not get a letter to that effect from the insurance company and ended up buying a cheap Thai package specifically for 400/40. Only 7700 Baht.

10 hours ago, jerryneba said:

Your insurance company must also fill out and sign this Foreign Insurance Certificate form.

OA - Foreign Insurance Certificate.pdf 251.84 kB · 14 downloads

Thanks Jerry.
I found this form already somewhere on the net. I emailed it to my insurer. They filled and signed it and sent me a scanned copy. I uploaded it yesterday in the morning and I am waiting for a reaction.

7 hours ago, pe747 said:

I know, it's quite annoying that they don't answer the phone, but keep trying!

Good luck!

Funny folks at Frankfurt Consulate.
The answering machine says they "normally" answer phone calls between 2.00pm and 4.30pm.
If I call after 2.00pm the provider says this number is not available at the moment please try later. ????

• Haha 1

Insurances accepted. ????
Royal Thai Consulate-General, Frankfurt has approved your registration/application for COE.
Thank you all for your help!

Now I have 15 days to upload the ASQ and flight bookings.
I suppose only the booking must be done in 15 days. The flight can be a bit later. ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Noxi said:

Now I have 15 days to upload the ASQ and flight bookings.
I suppose only the booking must be done in 15 days. The flight can be a bit later. ?

As far as I know both ASQ and flight booking must be done in 15 days.

If not you have to start again from the beginning......

9 minutes ago, federicoP said:

As far as I know both ASQ and flight booking must be done in 15 days.

He means the actual flight dates e.g. book and upload within 15 days but fly out in 4 weeks.

Edited by Salerno
  • Thanks 1

On 12/8/2020 at 6:32 PM, Noxi said:

Hi,
holding valid Non-O retirement extension and re-entry permit I applied for a CoE. Both are valid until end of January.
I also uploaded a certificate of my German health insurance company BDAE in English, with min coverage of USD 100,000 for Covid, in- and out-patient treatments.

I just got a text module as rejection:

Royal Thai Consulate-General, Frankfurt has rejected your registration/application.
Due to The insurance coverage of in-patient medical treatment valued 400,000 baht and out-patient valued 40,000 baht is required together with an insurance coverage of COVID-19 treatment valued 100,000 USD

What went wrong?

Insurance rejected because:
1) BDAE is not eligible?
2) Both Covid and in- out-patient treatments are certified on one single document stating min $100k?
3) In- and out-patient "only" covering min $100k instead of the much less 4k and 400k THB?

Of course I would like to ask the Frankfurt Consulate but no chance to get somebody on the phone there.

Did anybody had more luck with a BDAE certificate?
Should I buy a useless Thai insurance instead?
Or would an other wording of BDEA suffice?

Text of the insurance certificate of BDAE:

Insurance policy number: nnnnn
Insured person:  Mr X Y
Period of coverage:  from 01/01/2016 - unlimited
Type of insurance: Health insurance for long-term journeys
Tariff: EXPAT Retired
Area of application: worldwide incl. Thailand
Outpatient treatment:  100 %
Inpatient treatment:  100 %
Amount of cover: at least 100.000 USD
Insurance Company: Swiss Life Prévoyance et Santé
Contractual partner: BDAE Dienstleistungsgesellschaft mbH

Medically necessary treatments, examinations and medication in the context of a Covid-19 disease caused by the corona virus are insured cover at least 100.000 USD to unlimited. The corona test will be paid if it is on doctor's  orders and when symptoms occur.

Yes they want you to buy a "useless" Thai insurance.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Albert Zweistein said:

Perhaps some folks really want that. But, as I posted, Frankfurt Consulate  finally accepted my German long stay travel insurance. Both for Covid and in- out-patient.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Albert Zweistein said:

No they don't. They want it in writing that you have the required coverage be that a policy from your home country or a Thai company.

On 12/10/2020 at 3:13 PM, khunjeff said:

That is definitely not the case. My friend just got a COE with a single policy very similar to that of the OP - unlimited inpatient and outpatient coverage, full unlimited coverage for Covid, and no expiration date. This case appears to be a misunderstanding of the OP's policy by the Frankfurt consulate.

"This case appears to be a misunderstanding of the OP's policy by the Frankfurt consulate."

No really! A misunderstanding in regards to paperwork requirements for Thailand.

That would never happen would it #*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#* 

On 12/10/2020 at 9:01 PM, Russel said:

Health insurance is not required for NON-0 visas you need the covid insurance only. 

depends on the embassy (TIT)

Canberra embassy insisted twice that 400/40 is required (by them) despite me informing them that not so for London embassy (for one)

the non O retirement extension in question has re entry permit until 1/3/2021

so got TR60 for the COE as 400/40 not available for age 80

Par for the Thai course. None of them know what the "eff" they are doing. Mine (US, non-O retirement) got rejected Due to: "Cognito"!!! That is exactly what the e-mail and the website both state and nothing else. They both say to refer to the other! "Cognito" isn't even a word! Took them 3 weeks to say NO, which toasted my extension (expires 3 Jan)...to make up a word and then deny my application due to a made up word with no further explanation.

Thailand's ineptitude is beyond hope or repair. Can't fix stupid.????

9 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Took them 3 weeks to say NO, which toasted my extension (expires 3 Jan)...to make up a word and then deny my application due to a made up word with no further explanation.

To avoid the insurance and going through the non-o visa application you could apply for a single entry tourist visa and then change to a non-o visa at immigration. A 30 day visa exempt entry is even possible now but it has not appeared on the embassy website yet but you would have to apply for the 30 day extension of it to meet the 15 days remaining requirement after quarantine.

• Thanks 1