Covid-19 from Tachilek found in 7 Thai provinces

snoop1130

5 hours ago, Natai Beach said:

Yes, from the onset of the news out of Wuhan they were on to it, being the first country to test for covid outside of China in January while other countries were dithering.

By February most Thais were masking up while other countries were declaring they were not necessary and PPE had been distributed to the over 10,000 hospitals in Thailand.

By March they had road blocks temperature testing and then testing those with high temperatures immediately. Similar to get into shops, plazas and airports.

Late March they implemented a state of emergency and locked down with curfews and alcohol bans.

By April it was largely controlled in Thailand and in May they had developed the Thaichana app. 

It is December and they are still temperature testing to enter supermarkets etc and still most Thais are masking up.

The last two days the Thais have really clamped down again after this cluster was imported by stupid and selfish hookers. Thankfully they have mobilized again quickly and set up emergency Covid facilities to handle any outbreak.

World’s best practice.

Nearly half the countries in the world deaths are in the thousands, tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands deaths with bodies piling up.

The Thais are not even in triple figures.

Yesterday the USA had the most deaths ever with over 3,000 dying. Worldwide over 12,000, it is getting worse, not better. If only they had followed Thailand’s example, it would have saved over a million lives.

With chinese tourists roaming freely in december 2019, January and February 2020 thailand should have seen a big number of infections by late February.  

2 hours ago, Time to grow said:

If you are concerned over fears of infection from Covid, the drug Ivermectin has shown very strong protection from the virus. See the Thaivisa thread, "Ivermectin looking promising in lab against Covid-19". There you will see studies linked and a US Senate testimony by a physician and World subject matter expert from two days ago.

Funny that we are not hearing about this in the USA..

Only the end of the world is coming on local or national TV or in newspapers 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Miami007 said:

Funny that we are not hearing about this in the USA.

Well, if it's any consolation, we're not hearing about Ivermectin from the main stream media or the medical community in Thailand either. For that matter, I can't find a Thai distributor for Ivermectin, my local pharmacies don't carry it and they say they cant order it. [Ivermectin is readily available in veterinary form locally.] At least one PhD in pathology, specializing in neuro-toxicology has been censored from Youtube for trying to present the data supporting Ivermectin. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Miami007 said:

With chinese tourists roaming freely in december 2019, January and February 2020 thailand should have seen a big number of infections by late February.  

You do understand that Chinese tourists travel to Europe, the States, etc etc. Most Chinese tourists during Dec to February were not in Thailand.

Thailand is popular for Chinese tourists, but Thailand is very popular worldwide. 
Because it so good. 

16 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

I guess they don't want to scare people from traveling during the long weekends, so better not tell which they are. Anyway, it's all under control according to the health minister.....

Why doesn't the racist call his own countrymen dirty & filthy instead of selfish? Clearly we have more to fear about contacting Covid-19 from NOT a farang than originally stated ????

16 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

very few in my locality wear masks except in Tesco or Big C and mostly incorrectly, outside of shops 75% of those that do wear them they are on their chins or just covering their mouths, some only have the masks hanging from 1 ear.

With Farangs the biggest Rule Breakers 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

agreed if they told the truth and it was higher than they are currently admitting to, they might lose the 7 million tourists that are coming next year at a rate of 20k a month (doesn't compute) 12 times 20 does not equal 7 million.

???? Mathematics ????

16 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

very few in my locality wear masks except in Tesco or Big C and mostly incorrectly, outside of shops 75% of those that do wear them they are on their chins or just covering their mouths, some only have the masks hanging from 1 ear.

Masks do nothing .A virus if such a thing exists can easily pass through .As easily as a mossie through chicken wire.

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

after Thais working in Tachilek began sneaking back over the border

in silent footwear .? Sneakers possibly .. 

20 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

6 co-workers (all negative), 7 at a government hospital (all negative), 14 in the first ASQ (negative), 20 in the second ASQ (negative), and 7 family members (negative).

Neg' , neg' , neg' , neg' .! are they electrons or something ..

haven't they got something a bit more positive .. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

Why isn't there any mention of these Tachilek girls' customers? I could imagine that every one of them might have infected several patrons of that hotel; most of them Thais.

Leads me to believe that there are indeed some big cover ups, when it comes to COVID. A half truth isn't enough to give me peace of mind. But, of course, I am a Farang.

I am waiting with bated breath for a definitive study which clarifies the risk level of each sexual position.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

Our local lotus isn't checking temperatures and robinson wasn't checking at all the doors 

i don't believe these stories, Mynamar borders Communist China, and for the last 12 months China has tried to shift the blame to many other countries for their economic destructive China virus, this gangster regime in the Chinese pocket, seen an opportunity to repeat misinformation and lies by China, as well as using their bogeyman Mynamar as bait for reasons of extra control 

On 12/9/2020 at 6:47 AM, asiacurious said:

What horribly bad fact reporting.  The headline says....  

Covid-19 from Tachilek found in 7 Thai provinces

Seven?  Then why does article only mentions one province by name?

I suppose the the woman from Sing Buri province is actually now in Sing Buri province (though the article doesn't actually say that clearly).  The article also does not mention which province the 5 health care workers are in, but as they eat lunch together one would guess they are not in 5 separate provinces.  

So at best the article gives us only:

• 1 clearly stated province
  • 1 ambiguously stated province
  • 1 unknown province

With basic math, that's 3 provinces not 7.

Even with the fuzziest of math, it's no more than 4 or 5 provinces max!

Ugh.

Since when did you ever think you'd get the truth in Thailand

• Like 2