60 day corvid 19 extension

9 minutes ago, Colin Beech said:

Therefore what can be done about it ? 

Is there a official immigration document available stating baht 1,900 that can be  printed out or is it a case of pay just up ?

The easiest way would be to just pay what is written on the receipt which they give you, the receipt will state 1900.

4 hours ago, jackdd said:

1900 for the extension, 2000 in the IO's pocket.

I don't think its corruption, I think it's a genuine mistake. They are charging everyone 3,900 from what I hear, including those of us who have been here for many years.

I'm considering taking my fiance with me next time to see if she can talk some sense into them.

28 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

I don't think its corruption, I think it's a genuine mistake. They are charging everyone 3,900 from what I hear, including those of us who have been here for many years.

I'm considering taking my fiance with me next time to see if she can talk some sense into them.

I'm curious as to how it actually could be a genuine mistake.  I mean, if the fee is 1900 and they made an error thinking it's 1900 baht per 30 days, then the genuine mistake would be 1900 x 2 = 3800.  But it isn't.  It's 3900.

Or maybe there some other extension or service immigration performs that normally costs 3900 baht, and Immigration is mistakenly charging for that service?  Anyone have any ideas of what that other service might be?

19 minutes ago, asiacurious said:

I'm curious as to how it actually could be a genuine mistake.

We can rule out that it's a mistake, because people are asked for 3900 but the receipt says 1900. If it were some kind of mistake the receipt would state 3900.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jonga80 said:

About the extension, I have a doubt, maybe someone can help me. When I try to do an appointment need to choose an option, objective/counter, I don't know which option is the correct. Anyone knows?

Depends on with which kind of visa you entered Thailand.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

We can rule out that it's a mistake, because people are asked for 3900 but the receipt says 1900. If it were some kind of mistake the receipt would state 3900.

I haven't seen any posts about receipts saying 1,900 - is this what happened to you?

1 hour ago, jonga80 said:

Tourist Visa, and need to extend 60 days because the covid

There are no appointments needed for Tourist Visas.  Counter J, 3rd Floor at MTT.  Counter J has been reported as never being very busy (except on the last day possible for extending, so don't wait until the last day).

Also note that it has been reported by several people that extensions done at Counter J are extended 60 days from the date you apply (not from the date your current extension ends) AND you'll get an under consideration stamp so you'll need to make a 2nd trip back to get the actual extension (they'll tell you the date).

Only Visa Exempt entries need an appointment to do extensions (for Counter K, 4th floor).  Most people enter visa exempt, so there can be longer lines for that (hence the appointments).

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, jackdd said:

Not to me, but to the another poster in this topic (second last post on page 1): https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1194145-covid-extension-confusion/

You also applied for this extension, what did your receipt state?

No, he was using the conditional future tense (incorrectly).

That will be an awkward moment. Paid 3900 with receipt showing 1900..ha ha!

Although his later comments seem to have been deleted, (you can still see one of his responses because I quoted it on page 2), he was going back to the IO after lunch to finish everything. When we were talking, he hadn't given them money yet.They always take the money at the end of the process. He was going to update us all when he returned (comments have been deleted for phosai) from the office, but worryingly he never replied.

I don't remember! I don't think I got a receipt. I didn't know they were ripping me off/ IO error, though as I applied very early for this extension as I didn't want to wait in a long queue and all extensions were going to start from the 1st of Nov.

Edited by 2530Ubon