UK tells EU: back down by Sunday night or we'll walk

snoop1130

1 minute ago, CorpusChristie said:

I wasnt even conceived when England won the World cup in 1966 

Was you ?

Hell no - if you had read my post I said I was still in the first half so if I had been conceived then I would live to be 108

Brexiteers maths continues to shine! 

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

You reminded me of that BBC show where they got a load of young people in the audience expecting them to be Pro EU and most of them supported Leave. Awkward to say the least ????.

Of course the young have every right to vote (unlike many Remainers I believe in Democracy), but unfortunately the younger generations are often pretty clueless about the big issues.

For example, as a 'right on' Uni student I voted Labour in my early 20's and then watched on in horror as Blair invaded Iraq with Bush on lies about WMD, killing hundreds of thousands of people and leading to decades of terrorism. I am now much better informed of the ills of the Labour party such as rampant antisemitism and would never vote for them again, no matter how many taxpayer funded freebies they tried to bribe me with.

Anyway, it was a UK wide vote and we voted to leave. In fact, only 34% voted to Remain in the EU. Says a lot about the popularity of that corrupt protectionist racket inhabiting the dark corridors of Brussels.

Purely because there are more old people - it’s simple demographics and just because you voted badly in the past you shouldn’t tar the young now with the same stupid brush! 

Deal expected today!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Nice try.

Unfortunately I read it and there is nothing in there about access to fishing waters.

Obviously you have not noticed there was more to be resolved than fishing.

As far as that is concerned it is nothing more than delusional posturing. You go on about fishing rights but what about the rights of the onshore fishing industry, there are twice as many employed onshore as offshore but mainly in Scotland so not perceived as a problem.

Job losses, higher standard of living, reduced security etc, all irrelevant as long as you get your fish and chips.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

No other country has ever left the E.U., the E.U. is now showing that they will decide at what conditions, a country leaving the Union, will again be able to do business with them.

Leaving to the country which left, the full faculty to accept these conditions, or not.

Wonder which court will be prepared to ordeal about the good faith, or not, from a country.

Its fair that the UK should be treated like any other Country wishing to trade with the E.U.

We shouldnt be punished for deciding  to leave .

As the UK is no longer a member of the E.U , E.U members cannot expect to come and steal our fish 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Loiner said:

Why don’t you do it? You are the one who wants to know. 

What ??  I know there aren’t any, that’s the point. Jeesh ! 

Surely between all of you, you can come up with a positive economic post brexit projection from a respected economic body ?? Anything ? Anyone ? 

oh wait hang on, economics don’t matter right ? ???? who needs jobs in this new golden dawn 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Obviously you have not noticed there was more to be resolved than fishing.

As far as that is concerned it is nothing more than delusional posturing. You go on about fishing rights but what about the rights of the onshore fishing industry, there are twice as many employed onshore as offshore but mainly in Scotland so not perceived as a problem.

Job losses, higher standard of living, reduced security etc, all irrelevant as long as you get your fish and chips.

You are trying to change the subject.

I said what the EU is demanded is unprecedented. I was correct.

Feel free to go off on a tangent about fish and chips, blue passports, racism or whatever. The usual clichés Remainers fall back on when they've lost the argument.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Bruntoid said:

Hell no - if you had read my post I said I was still in the first half so if I had been conceived then I would live to be 108

Brexiteers maths continues to shine! 

The worlds oldest person is usually older than 108 (going up to 122 years old) , so its quite possible you could have been born in 1966 and still be halfway through your life 

8 minutes ago, Bruntoid said:

Purely because there are more old people - it’s simple demographics and just because you voted badly in the past you shouldn’t tar the young now with the same stupid brush! 

Deal expected today!

So there are more old people? So what? You want to cull them? You want to weight the votes of the young more heavily? What's your point?

52/48.

You lost. Stop crying about it like a little girl.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Its fair that the UK should be treated like any other Country wishing to trade with the E.U.

As the UK is no longer a member of the E.U , E.U members cannot expect to come and steal our fish 

Jesus wept bloody fish !! (0.1% gdp) - but fear not Bojo has been quietly caving in overnight and a deal expected today. 

Just compare what bojos fish red lines were and what he settled for ???? painful reading for a leaver. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

I wasnt even conceived when England won the World cup in 1966 

Was you ?

Took my first trip abroad in 1966, coach trip to Annecy in France. Remember it well, you were only allowed £50 travel allowance, the good old days before the EC.

8 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Says a lot about the popularity of that corrupt protectionist racket inhabiting the dark corridors of Brussels.

The majority at the Referendum voted Leave.

It is an unknown why, I believe there were different reasons.

One for sure is that some voted to get away what they label as a

"corrupt protectionist racket inhabiting the dark corridors of Brussels"

1 minute ago, CorpusChristie said:

The worlds oldest person is usually older than 108 (going up to 122 years old) , so its quite possible you could have been born in 1966 and still be halfway through your life 

If there’s a God that will happen ????

3 minutes ago, Bruntoid said:

Jesus wept bloody fish !! (0.1% gdp) - but fear not Bojo has been quietly caving in overnight and a deal expected today. 

Just compare what bojos fish red lines were and what he settled for ???? painful reading for a leaver. 

Been reading The Guardian again? ????????????

5 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I said what the EU is demanded is unprecedented. I was correct.

If as you say, fishing is not the subject then you would have to specify what is unprecedented before you can claim to be correct.

As there is nothing unprecedented you cannot possibly be correct.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

So there are more old people? So what? You want to cull them? You want to weight the votes of the young more heavily? What's your point?

52/48.

You lost. Stop crying about it like a little girl.

I would have thought the point was blindingly obvious surely ? 

The older generation shafted the young.

Clear enough ? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

The younger generation have never experienced anything other than the EU so their opinion counts for zilch. Give it 5-10 years and ask them again.

What a strange argument to put forward....did you spend sometime thinking that through?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

We disagree here.

It is my opinion that an union can decide at what conditions a non-member and past member is able to do business with the union.

Punished  is a way to label it.

Anyway the non-member and past member has the entire choice.

If they, after all, still want to do business with this union, certain conditions imposed by the union, may not be that popular.

Here also it is up to the non and past member to decide if is worth or not.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bruntoid said:

Its about the  issue rather than about the actual fish or the GDP value .

The issue is the disagreement between the UK and the E.U .

The issue may cause the whole trade deal to collapse and the UK /EU having no deals at all .

The stalled negotiations are the issue , rather then the fish themselves .

Its unfair that E.U expect to fish in non E.U Countries .

Its an issue about fairness , rather than the actual fish .

How about the UK demanding that we be allowed to go to Spain and take all their strawberrys for free ? 

Would that be fair ?

2 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Its about the  issue rather than about the actual fish or the GDP value .

The issue is the disagreement between the UK and the E.U .

The issue may cause the whole trade deal to collapse and the UK /EU having no deals at all .

The stalled negotiations are the issue , rather then the fish themselves .

How about the UK demanding that we be allowed to go to Spain and take all their strawberrys for free ? 

Would that be fair ?

If you bought the rights then take what belongs to you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, sandyf said:

If as you say, fishing is not the subject then you would have to specify what is unprecedented before you can claim to be correct.

As there is nothing unprecedented you cannot possibly be correct.

I said "fish and chips" was a diversion.

I was assuming you were aware of the difference between "fish and chips" (which is a meal popular throughout Europe but often associated with the British working class) and the EU's demand for continued access to the UK's Exclusive Economic Zone as part of an FTA?

Perhaps I overestimated you.

Anyway, another silly diversion. Back to the question in hand. Where else has the EU demanded permanent access to a countries EEZ as part of an FTA? I said it was unprecedented. Prove me wrong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Why should we give up our territorial waters

4 years on and you still do not get the difference between territorial waters, EEZ and fishing quotas?

Have you tried reading your tabloids again?

Now the real issue whas: this imbecile of BJ putting his wonderful offer (-€63.8m) on the table while it was in reality a -€230m for our fishermen. He thinks the EU negotiators are idiots? This is not a first pass the post ballot in England Boris.

With Brexit in the UK, we are talking about 300,000 jobs losses next year, does this guy care about the people of Britain? Or is he just having fun fooling around. If BJ wants to break the negotiations, let him take his responsibilities 

Coward !

Edited by Hi from France
  • Like 2

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

If you bought the rights then take what belongs to you.

Do they have the rights ?

Could you investigate and find out the current situation ?

There seems to some uncertainty about the current situation .

If the French fisherman have the legal right to catch fish in UK waters , I dont see how the UK could stop them.

Are those quotas still valid ?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Would that be fair ?

Depends on the global conditions of the deal.

So it is hypothetical possible that an agreement include :

The E.U. is allowed to fish in U.K. waters:

The U.K. is allowed to pick up for free strawberries in Spain.

5 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Depends on the global conditions of the deal.

So it is hypothetical possible that an agreement include :

The E.U. is allowed to fish in U.K. waters:

The U.K. is allowed to pick up for free strawberries in Spain.

That would be fair enough .

As long as we can pick 10 strawberries for every crab you catch

50 Strawberries for every Tuna you catch and a 100 Strawberries for every Cod you catch ?

• Confused 2