UK tells EU: back down by Sunday night or we'll walk

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I understand the demographics. But what is your point?

Do you think old people shouldn't be allowed to vote because they'll be dead soon?

If not, what is your point?

Ok you’ve worn me down, I know when I’m beaten. 

I didn’t say you shouldn’t be allowed to vote, and I’ve told you the point again and again, what I said was (about 8 times now for the hard of thinking) that you shafted the young by voting leave! ie it was a vote with no regard whatsoever for the prosperity of future generations or the U.K. It was a spiteful, selfish, xenophobic vote agitated by publications such as The Sun to appeal to let’s say not too savvy elderly folks. (No offence like) 

The graphs would merely have helped that sink in.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I understand the demographics. But what is your point?

Do you think old people shouldn't be allowed to vote because they'll be dead soon?

If not, what is your point?

I think the point is, they will be dead soon.

And leave a mess for younger generations to deal with.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Youve been saying this for years now .

In which year will it be that Brexiteers all die out and Remianers will be in the majority ?

That was the prediction before the last General election and a regular suggestion since 2016

In which year will it become apparent ?

I don’t ever recall saying this before.

You’ll get your answer the next time UK membership of the EU comes up as a vote.

Brexit is hitting the already stumbling economy, the promised Brexit bonus is nowhere in sight and the Brexit backers are moving their businesses to Europe.

There is nothing more politically dangerous than the failure to deliver on promises of improvement.

Enjoy the show.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I don’t ever recall saying this before.

You’ll get your answer the next time UK membership of the EU comes up as a vote.

Was you ever in agreement with the people who were saying it ?

The next General election in four years time ?

In 2024 , Labour will sweep to victory on the promise of rejoining the E.U ?

Will 2024 be long enough for all the old Brexiteers to die off ?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, Hi from France said:

There won't be a deal in the time remaining. 

This fellow is running away with himself - there'll be no quotas and no punishment tariffs, unless UK agree to some access, which will be our decision on an annual review basis.

5 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

IMV many Brexit voters did so without fully thinking through the potantialconsequences.  They did so for a variety of reasons, none of which considered the economic consequences. 

And you know that for definite?  I post again a link that predicts how things will turn out. 

Why Britain, like Iceland, will thrive outside the EU

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/why-britain-like-iceland-will-thrive-outside-the-eu

44 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I think the point is, they will be dead soon.

And leave a mess for younger generations to deal with.

Pure conjecture.

More likely the oldies like yourself will see the short term disruption and the younger amongst us will see the full benefits.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, luckyluke said:

The sad fact is that for the bigots(left & right) the truth is only their own belief/view of a situation. 

That's stating the obvious! You yourself have said on numerous occasions that everyone is entitled to their own beliefs / views / feelings / opinions, but now we are all bigots.....

16 minutes ago, Tofer said:

That's stating the obvious! You yourself have said on numerous occasions that everyone is entitled to their own beliefs / views / feelings / opinions, but now we are all bigots.....

There is a difference.

One is of course entitled to his own belief... but with respect to someone else belief...

When one is convinced that his own belief, ... is the only right one, 

one is a bigot.

43 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Nissan has stated they have no intention of closing their Sunderland factory , that was just a rumour from a German magazine .

Those dishonest Brexiters, Eh ?

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/business/nissan-dismisses-reports-it-set-close-its-sunderland-plant-3045230

Maybe..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-55272689

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/protest-nissan-sunderland-brexit-deal-19405027

3 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Nissan has stated they have no intention of closing their Sunderland factory , that was just a rumour from a German magazine .

Those dishonest Brexiters, Eh ?

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/business/nissan-dismisses-reports-it-set-close-its-sunderland-plant-3045230

They won't suddenly close the factory, they will phase it out, and most importantly they have slowed / stopped investing in the UK.

Where do you think the - 2% GDP of these past years even before Brexit came from? 

Nissan's chief operations officer Ashwani Gupta warned that its UK business "will not be sustainable" in the event of a Brexit that adds major costs to its operations.

2/3 of the cars produced are sold to the EU. 

Even with a deal there's a mountain of red tape (rules of origin) to avoid tariffs. 

300.000 jobs lost and Boris finds this fun? 

Europe chairman Gianluca de Ficchy told a news conference at the plant in October 2019: "If a no-deal scenario means the sudden application of WTO tariffs, we know in that case our business model won't be sustainable in the future.

"Our industry works with lower margins and if we are in a situation in which tomorrow we have to apply 10% export duties to 70% of our production, the entire business model for Nissan Europe will be in jeopardy."

Edited by Hi from France
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Was you ever in agreement with the people who were saying it ?

The next General election in four years time ?

In 2024 , Labour will sweep to victory on the promise of rejoining the E.U ?

Will 2024 be long enough for all the old Brexiteers to die off ?

A week is a long time in politics, I suggest you go easy on the long term predictions.

3 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Pure conjecture.

More likely the oldies like yourself will see the short term disruption and the younger amongst us will see the full benefits.

Old people dying is not ‘conjecture’.

I’m not sure on what basis you determine my age, another one of those ‘Brexiteer guesses’?!