UK tells EU: back down by Sunday night or we'll walk

snoop1130

6 hours ago, Hi from France said:

we are moving to the next stage

1. the EU avoided any responsibility in the failure of negotiations
  2. a diabolical contingency plan is set in motion with a series of carrots/sticks combo

I leave it to you to read and analyse

EU makes no-deal transport offer in return for 'level playing field' agreement 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/dec/10/raab-eu-must-make-substantial-shift-for-brexit-talks-to-succeed

The EU's no-deal Brexit plans: what they are and what they mean

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/dec/10/the-eus-no-deal-brexit-plans-what-they-are-and-what-they-mean

what I can tell you is that our debates are going to pick up: until now it was "brexit in name only" and "theatricals"; Now the action begins 

The EU is ready, the UK is not

Oh dear the Guardian. Nothing else to say.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

That's the spirit.

It is. Finally near the end. As I have stated from the very beginning. I want a no deal as the referendum was leaving the single market, ECJ and customs union which has been done to death here. But I still have my doubts and think there will be one.

There was no such words as soft or hard Brexit until the leave campaign won. It would seem the Europhiles are happy and I certainly am. We can get on with life and those in the EU can go on doing what they are doing, the unification of Europe without the UK.

So I will leave my celebrations until it is certain.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Dunning Krueger is busy these days.

The evidence is you can’t ‘smell a pack of lies’.

What are you on about?is that the best you can do?pathetic,well live in hope perhaps lionel ,sorry tony blair will make a comeback and we,ll all live happuly ever after,( provided you don,t live in the middle east)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Yes I have, on two occasions, once as a ‘striking worker’ and once as a ‘locked out worker’.

I’ve been a union member all my life and have remained a paid up member of the same union for over 20 years.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to explain that to you.

You surprise me,what happened ?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Messing with the airlines is a great way to ruin the tourist industries of Greece, Spain, Cyprus, Malta etc. Just what they need post Covid, more European citizens suffering due to EU commissioners pride and obstinacy trying to protect their dream of a federal Europe with themselves first in line at the trough.

I think it benefits the UK as nobody can travel to those countries anyway at the moment. So saving money all round for the UK. It is a two way street though.

We will see how long that lasts wont we.

The EU and like many posters on here just don't seem to know or have forgotten that the UK are resilient people and have long memories.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I am happy for the rest of the EU who seems to love each other. Great for you. You better start digging in your pockets, as there is a huge whole left that you have to fill with the UK leaving in its entirety.

Can we help it if we are so lovable? Who needs money when you can have love. you can have your money, you know that the pursue of money was the ruin of many good man. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’m not sure about the ‘long memories’ bit, they seem to have forgotten being the ‘poor man of Europe’ and going cap in hand to the IMF.

But, chin up, ‘the pound in your pocket’.

Trust me we have. Why do you think we voted leave. Long memories. As for the poor man of Europe, you are kidding yourself.

My chin has never been down, we are not been shafted by the EU and never joined the Euro.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

There are various reasons people voted leave, largely promises the Brexit campaign made.

It’s the failure to deliver on those promises that will define Brexit.

You mentioned long memories, I can tell you I and many others never forgot the betrayal from Heath, Blair and  Major.

The true campaign was to leave the CU, SM and ECJ. We will with a no deal. Job done.  :burp::partytime2:

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Messing with the airlines is a great way to ruin the tourist industries of Greece, Spain, Cyprus, Malta etc. Just what they need post Covid, more European citizens suffering due to EU commissioners pride and obstinacy trying to protect their dream of a federal Europe with themselves first in line at the trough.

Still, at least they can vote them out at the next elections. Oh ????... wait a minute. ????

Its only the UK tourists who will have a problem.

EU tourists will be able to go to those destinations.

• Like 1