UK tells EU: back down by Sunday night or we'll walk

snoop1130

58 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Some, if not many, have this perception.

As some, if not many, don't put the integrity of the E.U. in question.

You seem obsessed with perception.????

If a lot of people have that perception then that is all that matters. Whether you perceive it to be correct or not, they still won't buy that BMW/VW or whatever. You can say "Ah but they only didn't buy it because the perceive the EU to have acted in bad faith" but ultimately the sale is gone either way.

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Far as I'm concerned he has already lost because of the way he handled corona. He has nothing to lose by walking away.

If he capitulates he won't make it to the next election IMO. He'll be gone within months.

As for Corona, it's not over yet. If the vaccine rollout goes well the UK might be back to normal before the 'success stories' like Thailand have even got started dealing with it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Far as I'm concerned he has already lost because of the way he handled corona. He has nothing to lose by walking away.

I don't think anyone can handle the ever changing Corona/COVID pandemic effectively. You can''t please them all but that just me. But I feel he would be blamed not the Conservative party

As for the signing up to a bad deal. It would be the end of him and the conservatives at the next election. Just my humble view.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

the European citizens will have to accept the consequences while the EU employees lord it up in their chauffeur driven Benz's to attend their cocktail parties in Brussels.

An indeed accurate sad situation,

but not only related to the E.U.,

it is unfortunately common worldwide. 

• Like 2

Business
Morgan Stanley to Shift $120 Billion of Assets to Germany
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-12-10/morgan-stanley-to-shift-about-120-billion-of-assets-to-germany
By Steven Arons
December 10, 2020, 6:11 PM GMT+7 Updated on December 10, 2020, 7:59 PM GMT+7

Morgan Stanley plans to move about 100 billion euros ($120 billion) of assets to Frankfurt, the latest Wall Street bank to shift business away from the U.K.

The U.S. lender expects to transfer the bulk of the assets in the first quarter of next year, when the transition period for Britain’s exit from the European Union will likely have elapsed, people familiar with the matter said. They will sit in the Frankfurt-based subsidiary Morgan Stanley Europe SE, the people said, asking not to be named discussing private information.

A spokeswoman for Morgan Stanley declined to comment.

13 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

The UK needs to leave the EU, period. There is no negotiation. They could be like Turkey, a EU partner without being one ????

The UK does not want to be like Turkey, they are in a customs union with the EU.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sandyf said:

The UK does not want to be like Turkey, they are in a customs union with the EU.

Up to 31 December midnight only  .....unless miracle happens ????

Edited by david555

14 hours ago, Loiner said:

You can chose between Barnier, Ursula, or any of the EU. They’re all as bad. 

Boris has given them enough chances, now it’s time to walk away No Deal. 

I wouldn't bother with this thread it like a remainers loser thread with comments that will be known until UK is really out. 

• Haha 2

I wasn't aware that the EU - Turkey customs union would come to an end this month.

Oh you got me on a twist .... did not knew you are a Turkey fan ????...., of course i meant the U.K. (as you knew for sure ...???? )

Edited by david555

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Boris should have just walked away soon as he became PM.

Walking away was always a delusion.

Whether you like it or not the UK will have no option but to make contingency deals with the EU.

Apart from the obvious transport arrangements that need to be made, do you really want Bojo to walk away from the security issues, or does sovereignty take priority over security?

50/50 or ask a friend.

• Like 2

Whether you like it or not the UK will have no option but to make contingency deals with the EU.

Apart from the obvious transport arrangements that need to be made, do you really want Bojo to walk away from the security issues, or does sovereignty take priority over security?

50/50 or ask a friend.

the EU contingency plan are just proposals nothing more, The UK can accepted them , rejected them or seek amendments

Number 10 has already stated that the fisheries proposal is a non starter in its current form

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sandyf said:

50/50 or ask a friend.

Yes  E.U. would always allow  British airlines to fly Europe ...... possible to the first nearest European airports ????.....as Schiphol / Brussels or Paris ..... and from there step over to other airline to wherever the visa or exempt visa is good for....

This of course only in worst case scenario ...???? (tong in cheek guy's .... so dont get upset ...) ????

Edited by david555