Most Thais staying at home during long weekends: poll

webfact

8 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

These long weekends are just creating more debt for Thais. They have had them just about every month recently. Maybe many are just maxed out on their credit cards 

In addition to this, who, in their right mind, wants to be stuck in traffic getting to their destination and again, 2 or 3 days later, trying to get back to BKK? Half the weekend sitting in a car ain't fun. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

For the love of God please stop it with these Thai extended holidays - my daughter never seems to be at school and needs some form of education.

Well,as long as they’re not filling her brain with rubbishy things like science and mathematics or learning English and instead concentrating on Thai culture and all things Thai.... ???? 

21 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

These long weekends are just creating more debt for Thais. They have had them just about every month recently. Maybe many are just maxed out on their credit cards 

in my experience here Thai's don't give the slightest thought to debt, everything the buy and do is on the never never...

Guess some locals are soaking up the scene before they finally open the dirty farang flood gates again..

Seems as much as some seem to hate farangs, they are seeing the economic benefits of having us there..

Curious to see how long they can get into high season before they realize this need....money no.1!!!

Get rid of the 2 week ASQ and insurance and Im ready to come back and add to the economy....

18 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

For the love of God please stop it with these Thai extended holidays - my daughter never seems to be at school and needs some form of education.

It can, and should, be done at home.

Parents are the best form of education, especially in some places around the world.....send your kids to talk to friends, that's about it...

14 hours ago, Heng said:

To each their own, but for our family, domestic travel lost its appeal many years ago.   That feeling might change if we're stuck in country for another year... 

I think all that nonsense with the TM-30 knocked that in the head we used to go loads of places, not no more

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Where I live millions of food stalls along the beach front last night but very quiet we only a few weeks ago had one and that was badly planned all the stall holders took up the parking spaces and the restaurants along the front did no business nowhere for their customers to park,

The staff in Amazon told me they had to block the entrance and put signs up For Amazon Customers Only, people where buying food off the beach and using the restaurants tables and chairs

23 hours ago, webfact said:

having health problems (8.8 per cent).

Minister today warned of haze problems in Bangkok & urged citizens to wear masks and stay indoors. 'a rise in hazardous PM2.5 dust levels this weekend.'

The message is clear - go on holiday or catch lung cancer.