No deal on Brexit trade 'very very likely', British PM Johnson says

rooster59

Just now, Rookiescot said:

But you Brexiteers hung on his every word regardless.

What about Johnson, Gove and the official leave campaign?

Can you provide  evidence that all Brexiteers hung on to every word that Farage stated  

as to anything said during the referendum campaign by both sides those statements were more aspirational statements as no negotiations had taken place 

Very Similar to Salmond saying that Scotland would retain the pound or that it could join the EU as an independent country without leaving and going through the standard  eu accession process for new members

IF the UK had remained would the EU have to commit to joining an EU army

would Turkey join the EU

would the UK lose its rebate in 2020

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

And you have still never come up with a reasoned argument against it.

You don't listen, your lot refused to vote, you deserve all you get, time for winner take all.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.????????????????

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Can you provide  evidence that all Brexiteers hung on to every word that Farage stated  

as to anything said during the referendum campaign by both sides those statements were more aspirational statements as no negotiations had taken place 

Very Similar to Salmond saying that Scotland would retain the pound or that it could join the EU as an independent country without leaving and going through the standard  eu accession process for new members

IF the UK had remained would the EU have to commit to joining an EU army

would Turkey join the EU

would the UK lose its rebate in 2020

OK its pretty obvious now that none of you Brexiteers listened to Farage or Johnson or Gove or the official vote leave campaign.

Nope.

You all listened to Cameron.

????

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, vogie said:

You don't listen, your lot refused to vote, you deserve all you get, time for winner take all.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.????????????????

The winner takes all?

I thought you were complaining the winners were being forced by the EU to take nothing?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

The winner takes all?

I thought you were complaining the winners were being forced by the EU to take nothing?

Leavers don't complain, that is the reserve of the remainers, winners cheer and losers console themselves with meaningless slogans.????????????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, vogie said:

I never listened to my next door neighbour George when he said we would be staying in the SM, glad I listened to Cameron now.

If you want to listen to the monkey and not the organ grinder that is entirely your prorogative.

So every time you quoted one of those meaningless Brexit slogans its because you were listening to Cameron?

????

• Confused 1

53 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

The UK was never able to feed its population (in the middle ages perhaps) not even in WW1 and WW2, even a continental country like Germany had its people starving in WW1 because of the British blockade, we are all dependant on one another. Trump with his isolationist MAGA has driven his country downwards.

You seem to think that trade won't happen ? We will continue to trade regardless of a deal. Trump was good for America he might of had a mouth on him but he was america first as any president of America should be

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

OK its pretty obvious now that none of you Brexiteers listened to Farage or Johnson or Gove or the official vote leave campaign.

Nope.

You all listened to Cameron.

????

Most teenagers are given advice by their parents on

1) Dangers of excessive alcohol

2) Drugs

3)Boys or Girls depending on which sex

4) the use of codoms

Most teenagers may listen to their parents but they don't always follow their advice

Remainers seem to think if you listen to Cameron or Osborne then you should have voted remain

• Like 1

Just now, vinny41 said:

Most teenagers are given advice by their parents on

1) Dangers of excessive alcohol

2) Drugs

3)Boys or Girls depending on which sex

4) the use of codoms

Most teenagers may listen to their parents but they don't always follow their advice

Remainers seem to think if you listen to Cameron or Osborne then you should have voted remain

Nah you listened to the junkie in the park who sold you Brexit ????

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Meaningless slogans?

You mean ones like these?

They need us more than we need them.

Easiest trade deal in history.

German car manufacturers.

Sovereignty.

Brexit means Brexit.

Out means out.

We knew what we were voting for.

We hold all the cards.

No downside to Brexit.

Norway style deal.

Taking back control.

Canada plus deal.

Strong and stable.

And those are just the ones I can remember off the top of my head.

You missed the greatest slogan of all time by N Sturgeon 'Brexit can be reversed', well that went well didn't it. Next time you may want your leaders in Westminster to vote, that's how it works rookie, you don't vote, you don't have a say.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

You missed the greatest slogan of all time by N Sturgeon 'Brexit can be reversed', well that went well didn't it. Next time you may want your leaders in Westminster to vote, that's how it works rookie, you don't vote, you don't have a say.

Essentially Brexit has been reversed. For Northern Ireland.

But of course that means that the whole of the UK no longer has the same level playing field when it comes to taxes and trade tariffs on goods.

Something the act of union specifically states has to be the case.

Well done Vogie. You and the Brexiteers just tore up the act of union. ????????

So Sturgeon is right. Brexit can be reversed. We just wont be doing it while part of the UK is all.

10 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

All that’s missing is a ‘nod from inside’ to make these continual announcements from Johnson a hedge fund managers dream.

Not that I’m suggesting Johnson would feel at all inclined to do any favors for his financial backers and former school quad chums.

Now I am, as I have often stated, no financial expert.

However it is often suggested that the whole Brexit idea is essentially a scheme to allow a small number of well connected financiers, to make a lot of money, by buying a lot of Sterling when it's value is depressed. Now in order for them to make the massive profits which are suggested, Sterling will have to rise substantially in the relatively near future as a consequence of Brexit. I am confused...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, vogie said:

That's four words....never catch on.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Gwen1234 said:

You seem to think that trade won't happen ? We will continue to trade regardless of a deal. Trump was good for America he might of had a mouth on him but he was america first as any president of America should be

No, he was Trump first, and no one else mattered. The world's most prominent narcissist, now a very sore loser.

Lock him up..... lock him up ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

However it is often suggested that the whole Brexit idea is essentially a scheme to allow a small number of well connected financiers, to make a lot of money, by buying a lot of Sterling when it's value is depressed. Now in order for them to make the massive profits which are suggested, Sterling will have to rise substantially in the relatively near future as a consequence of Brexit. I am confused...

Herf me old teapot.

I agree it makes no logical sense that a currency which is falling can turn a profit but apparently through the wizardry of the financial markets it does. 

https://www.ig.com/en/trading-strategies/how-to-short-the-pound-200325#:~:text=Shorting (or 'selling'),the pound's market price increases.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Not only through currency, but "shorting" stocks....particularly the UK Banks......

• Like 2