Neo Pattaya: Popular resort undergoes rebrand - focus on "High Quality, High Value, High Spending"

rooster59

1 hour ago, Traubert said:
4 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Pavements you can't walk along.....atrocious air quality,....choked with traffic (when busy)....scams left, right and centre....over priced drinks......aggressive ladyboys.....drugs and the 'p' word.........all fixed with the prefix NEO.

Amazing Thailand.

It is the last place on Earth high end tourists would want to go.

Predictable.

is there truth to the points made by the poster ? if so then why were they the first things that came to the posters mind ? is it because they hate pattaya and thailand so much they want everyone to know. or are they simply stating what they see on a regular basis in their daily lives ? maybe the points actually come from a standpoint of caring. the poster may be broken hearted to see these things continue in a place they like to be ? day in day out watching places like pattaya become more and more like the poster states. and you simply say predictable ? 

predictable. 

• Like 1

They could just keep doing what they are already doing but improving the quality if they want locals to vacation here.  Perhaps a separate entertainment district not completely staffed by folks from Isan.   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

It astonishes me that expats living here should give a toss about what their friends in their home country think about their lifestyle here. I never have, and I am quite sure most of them are envious.

I've never understood people who need to accumulate possessions to impress their friends and neighbors, or who need their approval. March to the beat of your own drum.

that's fit to give the king..........pa rum bum bum bum 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Scot123 said:

Go to a business meeting and casually say  "I'm off to Pattaya for my vacation this year" and watch all the raised eyebrows and your credibility take a nose dive as you say "No, No! It's a very high class family destination". As you get wheeled out to the funny farm with a suspected breakdown. 

Thats why all the top brand hospitality chains have hotels in Pattaya then......

I think you just made that up ????

26 minutes ago, mr mr said:
1 hour ago, Traubert said:
4 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Pavements you can't walk along.....atrocious air quality,....choked with traffic (when busy)....scams left, right and centre....over priced drinks......aggressive ladyboys.....drugs and the 'p' word.........all fixed with the prefix NEO.

Amazing Thailand.

Predictable.

Expand  

is there truth to the points made by the poster ? if so then why were they the first things that came to the posters mind ? is it because they hate pattaya and thailand so much they want everyone to know. or are they simply stating what they see on a regular basis in their daily lives ? maybe the points actually come from a standpoint of caring. the poster may be broken hearted to see these things continue in a place they like to be ? day in day out watching places like pattaya become more and more like the poster states. and you simply say predictable ? 

predictable. 

I thought he was talking about Bangkok?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spellforce said:

"Neo" is only for marketing. That's not really "new" that seedy bars are disappearing near beach road for instance. First area was soi 2 and now that's the turn for soi 7 & 8. Nowadays seedy bars have already moved near soi Bukao and with the years they will move even further to the East... With the years the bright side of Pattaya will be emptied of this kind of bars.

The first major move was when they bulldozed from the showbar Tokyo 21 through to Beach Road and built Central. My mate had a bar other side of the wall on Soi 9 next to the police Station, he moved to a new complex on 2nd road and then that got flattened, moved to Chok Chai and washed cars.

Wind of change has been blowing for a long time. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, sungod said:

Thats why all the top brand hospitality chains have hotels in Pattaya then......

I think you just made that up ????

Quite. Since they built Central with the Hilton many big names in the hotel business have appeared on the scene.

Breakfasts don't come much better than on the 6th floor of the Holiday Inn.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sandyf said:

The first major move was when they bulldozed from the showbar Tokyo 21 through to Beach Road and built Central. My mate had a bar other side of the wall on Soi 9 next to the police Station, he moved to a new complex on 2nd road and then that got flattened, moved to Chok Chai and washed cars.

Wind of change has been blowing for a long time. 

Yes it's been going that way for years. I used to visit Pattaya before central or third road was built up.You could walk beach road early morning and only Thai vendors setting up for the day and  a very few farangs would be about.Jomtien was very pleasant.It didn't seem to wake up until lunchtime.Last time I visited  it was a rolling  traffic jam  more expensive than ever and heaving with people.But that's progress.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Amazing Thailand.

Oh yeah, i can see em all picking up sticks in Bermuda and heading towards the new paradise........ Pattaya !......   What are these lot on ?   

• Like 2

Neo Massage Price.  As I was walking through Gaysorn the other day, I noticed that a salon there was charging 1,500 for their neck, shoulder and body massage.  Does anybody really pay these prices?