Neo Pattaya: Popular resort undergoes rebrand - focus on "High Quality, High Value, High Spending"

rooster59

24 minutes ago, lovethai123 said:

May I take the liberty to point out that the authorities aim to make pattaya free from sex industry and want to portray it as a clean , family friendly city for chinese , koreans , japanese etc. Those people generally take short holidays and spend good amount of money. 

If you really think Chinese, Koreans and Japanese come to Pattaya without the intention of screwing themselves blind, I have a bridge in Sydney I'd like to sell you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Even if they managed to build those malls and resorts it would still be just another dull Asian town, a dime a dozen. The sex trade, the clubs, the parties and the 2-week-millionaire-fantasy ARE the main arguments for Pattaya!  

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

If you really think Chinese, Koreans and Japanese come to Pattaya without the intention of screwing themselves blind, I have a bridge in Sydney I'd like to sell you.

i am sorry, but i never witnesses any koran, chinese etc taking a girl from the pattaya beach or a bar. 

And again they are just thinking about themselfs and their other rich friends and not about all the poor families and lower class people or even middle class people and families that the normal tourisme feeds and keeps going . They just want the rich to make them even richer and let the rest go down the drain . Maybe it's just me but the seedy business is where a lot of tourist come to Pattaya for , if they don't want to see this or be there they would have gone somewhere else . Thailand is bigger then only Pattaya , a lot of tourists also visit other cities and islands . And Pattaya has thrived on these tourists that go there specially for what it is for many many years . Why change a winning formula , but just because it's down now and so is everywhere else they don't need to change it it will get back to it's feet when tourisme starts going again , have a little patience . Just make it better and clean the city up (roads pavements little paint left and right) it will get back to it's feet . 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sid Vicious said:

This has to be a wind up.

A total wind up. A clue is “Thaivisa notes that......”

2 hours ago, GaryAdriaenssens said:

Hahaha.... it's becoming more of a laughing soap opera than ever before. Do these clowns really think this is going to work all of a sudden? Recession and no big income for the next 2 years, at the least. Wake up, simple minds!

Simple minds believe this wind up.

Gotcha! Good one.

• Like 1

Higher prices and stronger baht keeps the riff-raff out. 

With fewer drunken gutter creatures roaming the streets (both Thai and foreign), perhaps the high quality tourists (both Thai and foreign) would feel better about coming...?

Is that such a crazy idea?

Edited by dg1980
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, keith101 said:

And more than likely higher prices to compensate for all the losses during the pandemic , so i wish you luck as the word will soon get around that Pattaya is no longer the cheap holiday it used to be especially if the beer bars etc will no longer be around for what a lot of men go there for .

There will be other SEA countries that will very happy to take its place .

40 baht for a bottle of beer, 99 baht for an British breakfast, 30 baht for thai food, 10 baht for a bus ride....free sunsets? The important action might move off the front but will move to SB etc

• Like 2