Neo Pattaya: Popular resort undergoes rebrand - focus on "High Quality, High Value, High Spending"

rooster59

8 hours ago, abrahamzvi said:

It is absolutely possible with a lot of efforts to make dreams become reality. Pattaya has the basic elements to become the Neo Pattaya, being dreamt of, and all it needs is serious efforts to change many things in Pattya and then its image will change.

I don't know if you are being serious or not, but most people I know would say:- 

"Never in a month of Sundays"! Or "A leopard can't change its spots"

• Like 1

Perhaps they should do some repairs to the footpaths and crossings on Beach Road and First Road the city is dilapidated and badly maintained. Definitely a tourist trap intended to trap tourists into high hospital fees after twisting their ankles or being knocked down whilst trying to cross the road

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

What a laugh !! Farangs wont go to Pattaya unless there are adult fun, beer bars and great affordable prices !! Nom its up to Thais and boring Chinese to support Neo Pattaya - good luck !! Another place will soon fill the void ...and prosper !!

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Neo Pattaya is no longer about seedy bars and nightlife.

The dodgy cops/officials that own the nightspots might have something to say about that, unless of course they get brown envelopes to disappear.

T'was always on the cards, however, and not just Pattaya. Nefarious activities will continue of course, but the future face of Thailand will be a sterile one.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Pavements you can't walk along.....atrocious air quality,....choked with traffic (when busy)....scams left, right and centre....over priced drinks......aggressive ladyboys.....drugs and the 'p' word.........all fixed with the prefix NEO.

Amazing Thailand.

It is the last place on Earth high end tourists would want to go.

You forgot wild dog packs; soi rubbish tips and the most inept police force in the land who can't even get cabdrivers to use their meters let alone bring down the highest traffic accident-figures in all of Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Call me old fashion, or just old--but I don't see anything wrong with Pattaya. If it went back to the way it was in 2004, the baht 50 to 1, bar fines 200 to 400, happy hour beers 40 baht, and lovely slim ladies happy to be your friend, the money would again flow like a tidal wave. It's a win win. Turning Beach Rd into Orchard Rd will never happen. Universal Studios and Disney will never come. Koh Larn will never be Sentosa Island. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Oh yeah, i can see em all picking up sticks in Bermuda and heading towards the new paradise........ Pattaya !......   What are these lot on ?   

Pre tsunami days, Phuket was a high end holiday area, not like there isn't a precedent for Thailand.

How do you think that John Irvine was one of the first reporters on the scene.

John Irvine, ITV's Asia Correspondent was with his family on an island off the coast of Thailand when the waves hit.

They were swept off a beach into a mangrove swamp. When the waters had died down, and he had made sure his family were safe, he was able to contact ITV. A couple of days later he was reporting from Phuket.

https://pressgazette.co.uk/broadcasters-struggled-to-deal-with-unfolding-tsunami-crisis/

52 minutes ago, bronzedude said:

Call me old fashion, or just old--but I don't see anything wrong with Pattaya. If it went back to the way it was in 2004, the baht 50 to 1, bar fines 200 to 400, happy hour beers 40 baht, and lovely slim ladies happy to be your friend, the money would again flow like a tidal wave. It's a win win. Turning Beach Rd into Orchard Rd will never happen. Universal Studios and Disney will never come. Koh Larn will never be Sentosa Island. 

Very true only idiots change things that work and bring plenty of money in .

• Like 1