Neo Pattaya: Popular resort undergoes rebrand - focus on "High Quality, High Value, High Spending"

rooster59

4 minutes ago, mikebell said:

If there is a law, say against driving at 120 kph in a town centre, then it should be the cop's job to enforce it. There IS a law that says taxi drivers should turn on meters and in Bangkok, there have been several prosecutions & 1000 baht fines; but none in Pattaya. 

To illustrate Pattaya Plod's ineptitude this happened to me (admittedly during the Chinese boom.) It was dark and I was behind a coach with no lights on.  I flashed the driver to no avail.  He turned left off Beach Rd which was the way I was going.  I pulled alongside him at 2nd Rd lights & tried to get his attention with no success.  In desperation I pipped my horn.  The cop-in-the-box immediately scented baht & came over.  My GF explained what I was attempting to do.  His reply was, 'Up to him.'  I retorted, 'No up to you.'  He failed to grasp this concept & went back to 'fining' cars which strayed four millimetres over the white line.

Thai's dont get that, Flashing them when they have no lights on, I was behind one the other night I flashed a couple of times then he started slowing down and flashing his break lights only when we got to the lights further up he opened his window, "Whats your Problem" Dick head you've got no lights on.

2 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Thai's dont get that, Flashing them when they have no lights on, I was behind one the other night I flashed a couple of times then he started slowing down and flashing his break lights only when we got to the lights further up he opened his window, "Whats your Problem" Dick head you've got no lights on.

Thais shun using lights wherever possible as someone once told them it shortened their battery life.  Same with sounding your horn which is a capital offence to some Thai drivers who will kill/maim you at the next traffic lights.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Oldie said:

There are still very many open every night and this often until 3 or later. I live in Central Pattaya and see and sadly hear them every night. In respect of prostitution - not even in the Walking Street are prostitutes. As @Mike k says there are only girls selling condoms and showing you how to use them.

Central Pattaya is a pretty blighted place...thankfully it's only a few square blocks and there's much more to the city than that; but it does explain your blinkered view of the place.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

Thais shun using lights wherever possible as someone once told them it shortened their battery life.  Same with sounding your horn which is a capital offence to some Thai drivers who will kill/maim you at the next traffic lights.  

Perhaps there's a worry about not having enough power to keep the cigarette lighter/USB adaptor charging the phone?

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

If there is a law, say against driving at 120 kph in a town centre, then it should be the cop's job to enforce it. There IS a law that says taxi drivers should turn on meters and in Bangkok, there have been several prosecutions & 1000 baht fines; but none in Pattaya. 

Many farang's don't realise they are not where ever they came from. Keep saying to yourself "I am in Thailand, not <insert country of origin> They do things differently here".

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Angeles City is lovin' it.

They have a good concept there and Pattaya could learn from it. The bars are inside buildings and located away from the city. These sex businesses don't disturb the normal population. And if you go there you know what you have to expect. But even if you are there you don't have this open air sex bar chaos that you have in Pattaya. You have to go inside the bars. 

20 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

There actually is at least one English library in town.

If you talk about the one in the middle of the lands in Jomtiem

it's not really the best location for the tourists

https://maps.me/catalog/recreation/amenity-library/pattaya-city-public-library-9223372037186250630/

Or this one near soi 6 is still open? 

On 12/12/2020 at 10:45 AM, Surelynot said:

Pavements you can't walk along.....atrocious air quality,....choked with traffic (when busy)....scams left, right and centre....over priced drinks......aggressive ladyboys.....drugs and the 'p' word.........all fixed with the prefix NEO.

Amazing Thailand.

It is the last place on Earth high end tourists would want to go.

All bargirls and ladyboys will become government-employees.
They will clean up beaches, guide elderly across the "neo beach avenue" and throw flowers on the high spending local tourists.
In the evenings they will be nannies for the rich's kids, so mommy and daddy can enjoy cultural shows. WAIT !

1 minute ago, 0815 said:

All bargirls and ladyboys will become government-employees.
They will clean up beaches, guide elderly across the "neo beach avenue" and throw flowers on the high spending local tourists.
In the evenings they will be nannies for the rich's kids, so mommy and daddy can enjoy cultural shows. WAIT !

Just booked my ticket....555

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

If you talk about the one in the middle of the lands in Jomtiem

it's not really the best location for the tourists

https://maps.me/catalog/recreation/amenity-library/pattaya-city-public-library-9223372037186250630/

Or this one near soi 6 is still open? 

I was referring to the English language library maintained by the PILC at their Sukhumvit Road clubhouse.

2 hours ago, Oldie said:

2 hours ago, Oldie said:

They have a good concept there and Pattaya could learn from it. The bars are inside buildings and located away from the city. These sex businesses don't disturb the normal population. And if you go there you know what you have to expect. But even if you are there you don't have this open air sex bar chaos that you have in Pattaya. You have to go inside the bars. 

That's the problem

if you go to Pattaya you know what you have to expect

there is a very large choice of others destination in Thailand, leave this adult playground alone <deleted>

i don't want to have to hide shamelfully and be locked up in a closed bar hiden in a building in the

middle of nowhere just because the normal population disturb these sex businesses

after all we where here first and since longtime, the newcomers can adapt or chose another place

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

I was referring to the English language library maintained by the PILC at their Sukhumvit Road clubhouse.

Not a public one then, and far from the tourist spot

that what i was talking about in my post

if you want attract tourists with culture in Pattaya, you need much more than just a word

and the actual circus presented as a cultural life, they start from 0 here on this issue

not sure they even realise it

5 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

Not a public one then, and far from the tourist spot

that what i was talking about in my post

if you want attract tourists with culture in Pattaya, you need much more than just a word

and the actual circus presented as a cultural life, they start from 0 here on this issue

not sure they even realise it

I believe it is open to the public. If they're starting at zero, there's nowhere to go but up.

10 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

If they're starting at zero, there's nowhere to go but up.

They can also stay at 0 like they did since decades

Whatever the efforts you will do and th money you will put in the project

Pattaya will be never know around the world for his cultural life, never !

Yourself honestly why did you chose to come and live in Pattaya?

The beach or the food?

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

That's the problem

if you go to Pattaya you know what you have to expect

there is a very large choice of others destination in Thailand, leave this adult playground alone <deleted>

i don't want to have to hide shamelfully and be locked up in a closed bar hiden in a building in the

middle of nowhere just because the normal population disturb these sex businesses

after all we where here first and since longtime, the newcomers can adapt or chose another place

Perhaps there is no need to panic. Mono Rail, Neo Pattaya, new beach in Jomtien, new Bali Hai, new and better... whatever. Next Sunday are elections here. Could this be a reason for all the promises and ideas? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Many farang's don't realise they are not where ever they came from. Keep saying to yourself "I am in Thailand, not <insert country of origin> They do things differently here".

Yeah I have to keep telling myself that 

16 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

They can also stay at 0 like they did since decades

Whatever the efforts you will do and th money you will put in the project

Pattaya will be never know around the world for his cultural life, never !

Yourself honestly why did you chose to come and live in Pattaya?

The beach or the food?

Pattaya is a beach resort...why does it need culture? There is shopping, a variety of restos, golf, tennis, and watersports, waterparks, and nightclubs and bars.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Pattaya is a beach resort...why does it need culture? There is shopping, a variety of restos, golf, tennis, and watersports, waterparks, and nightclubs and bars.

come on, of course it doesn't need culture

and i was not the one proposing this 

Shopping? With the taxes on import almost everything is less expensives in others countries

resto, golf, tennis watersports...? You can have it almost anywhere in the world, and of course in Thailand

nightclubs and bars? The ones in Ibiza or Cuba are better

so why your personnal choice of Pattaya in the first place? The temples? Don't be shy lol

Me I live in Pattaya because of the 24\24 and 7\7 large choice of girls and ladyboys on the market

i can have all the rest for a better quality and often for less money at a lot of places around the world

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Actually the prices of many things in ???????? are less, and the selection much better, and the quality much higher than many of Thailand's incoming tourists markets. Many electronics, computers, and computer components are cheaper in Thailand than other countries. The same goes for clothes, jewelry, and some foodstuffs.

Dream on. Can't speak for the Indians (although it's been years since I've seen throngs of them with TVs on the way home, they used to pay for their trip plus make a profit selling them back home) or those from the Middle East but it certainly isn't the case for Australia unless you're talking about knock-offs.

Edited by Salerno
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Dream on. Can't speak for the Indians (although it's been years since I've seen throngs of them with TVs on the way home, they used to pay for their trip plus make a profit selling them back home) or those from the Middle East but it certainly isn't the case for Australia unless you're talking about knock-offs.

Don't have to dream...I used to run into a lot of Ozzie (or maybe they were Kiwis...hard to tell apart ????????????) doing the buying phones in Thailand and selling them back home routine. But this was a few years ago...maybe things have changed and prices have equalized. The fact remains, however, that for many tourists, prices and selection of goods is cheaper and better in Thailand than in their home markets. Even ???? products a few years back were cheaper in Thailand than California when you factor in Cali's 7-10% sales tax and the VAT refund for tourists in Thailand.

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Haha 2

On 12/12/2020 at 4:34 PM, keith101 said:

And more than likely higher prices to compensate for all the losses during the pandemic , so i wish you luck as the word will soon get around that Pattaya is no longer the cheap holiday it used to be especially if the beer bars etc will no longer be around for what a lot of men go there for .

There will be other SEA countries that will very happy to take its place .

Which hotels will provide bungi jumping from the balconies....? 

• Haha 1