Covid-19 second wave to hit year-end spending by Bt16 billion, economist warns

webfact

At least he is prepared to look at reality & not look through rose coloured glasses.

This is what I have always said in that after all the hard work in containment to open up now would  bring at least another 2 years of pain.

I certainly hope that they can avoid a major outbreak now & contain the border runners from infecting others

1 hour ago, Katipo said:

I and some friends will be heading north to Mae Hong Son over Christmas/New Year. Unless the number of local transmissions starts to escalate significantly, we will not be cancelling our plans. We won't be taking public transport, and hand gels, masks, and sensible social distancing measures will be implemented.

My heart bleeds for the resorts and other businesses up there who were counting on an income boost from the holiday season to survive, so actual quantifiable risk, and not fear or panic, will be the deciding factor.

Thank you. You are truly a heroic farang. Find a heroic farang tee shirt or small flag. I'll call the media.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

The Thai baht is expected to appreciate further after it rose almost 4 per cent last month. The baht could rise to Bt29.50 per dollar by the end of this year, strengthening from the Bt30 level, he predicted.

if that's the case better say goodbye to exports and get ready for more factories closing down thus more unemployment and more people in misery

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Olivie said:

Last year all thai spent Bt28billion, and this year they will spend less but people living in bangkok will spend Bt30 billion? Am I missing something?

no your not missing anything,apart from grammatical errors,Thai spokespeople pluck any number they want out of the air....totally meaningless like their statements.

Foreign investors had net buys of Thai stocks worth Bt50 billion over one month and bonds worth Bt20 billion. They could sell Thai financial assets to make a profit before Christmas, he warned.

just foreign investors??? not Thais from Prayut's gang/friends looking fort a quick big gain/profit, I doubt 555

9 hours ago, Olivie said:

Last year all thai spent Bt28billion, and this year they will spend less but people living in bangkok will spend Bt30 billion? Am I missing something?

batteries on their calculator was running low, thus miscalculations 555

He was optimistic that the number of new cases in Thailand would be contained as the government had put in place an effective tracing system. 

Well that tracking system did not stop them from entering the country! Plus many people are not even using it now days as they go shopping or entertainment. All mall door s has an unguarded table with a new temperature monitor and a sign- in sheet. That’s a optimistic tracking system for you........????????????????

• Like 2

China, China,China.P-r*o*p;a¥ga”n/d}a

There is some good news for the good decent people of Thailand,

after the problems are fixed in the US        ( China ), there’s chitchat about potus strengthening ties with  old trusted allies, the land of smiles, the filipines, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand!!!!

Decades of treasonous  ( fueled by..........wait for it.........CHINA!!!  )

US leadership  is over. 

The los will see new tv shows, different education theories, banking reform,

no more un recoverable bank loans, secured by sovereign soil.

Take a deep breath, it’s happening!.

GESARA.

in just 1-2 yrs, with the return of western support, tourism will skyrocket. !!!

POTUS is aware of the mistakes of previous  treasonous administrations.

Sources Say.????

Merry Christmas!!!

• Thanks 1

We never had the first wave!

he Thai government DID NOT have relief package for businesses here either.

They offered 5000 Baht to workers which were laid off for a period of 5 or 6 moths and that was it. 

And now they are going to have cost for second wave?

If you are putting money in your pocket then the list you could do is to be honest about it. Not everyone is a halfwit!!!!

Anusorn Tamajai, former dean at Rangsit University’s Faculty of Economics, is either a psychic, a sage, an utterly brilliant man who can predict the future, or a fool. 

There are so many variables here, that attempting to predict any of them is going to result in inaccuracies and errors, and make those who attempt them look foolish.

The only thing that is predictable, is that there will definitely be a large drop in spending. 

Is not fake news, even if it is not immediately identifiable as such?

Come next July, we would see if this guy's predictions are any good.The

I'm the mean time, he is an ex... or former, or has been but is not anymore. Why do journalists pander to these has beens?

Good us all a break from people who used to be somebody.

On 12/14/2020 at 8:16 AM, Hayduke said:

There is no reason to be concerned….

The government’s brilliantly conceived, meticulously calculated, and flawlessly executed tourism stimulus plans are guaranteed to produce in excess of 52 gazillian bajillion Baht over the next 30 days. This will more than compensate for any minor and temporary "second wave".

But a 'state of emergency' still remains absolutely necessary.....just to make sure.

All hale!

IMG_20201215_083103.jpg

On 12/14/2020 at 2:54 AM, Olivie said:

It's puzzling figures. Next year 1+1 will = 3 no doubt.

On 12/14/2020 at 8:14 AM, chang1 said:

Is it not Bt28 billion revenue gained from taxes and Bt30 billion spent in Bangkok?

If it's just Thai Baht, well that's already been accounted for. What the country needs to keep its head above water is foreign currency and if there's no tourists there's no foreigners currency.  Thailand can not pay  foreign debts in Thai Baht. But the Thai current reserve account at the moment is in good shape.