U.S. Attorney General Barr steps down as Trump election defeat confirmed

webfact

9 hours ago, Lacessit said:

It's great to see America has come to its senses. After January 20, my guess is Trump is going to make quite a few lawyers rich in his fight to stay out of prison.

Except that he never pays. So they will be kept busy in fighting for him, but getting rich???

11 hours ago, Lacessit said:

It's great to see America has come to its senses. After January 20, my guess is Trump is going to make quite a few lawyers rich in his fight to stay out of prison.

No self respecting attorney will go near 45. He has a history of stiffing his employees.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tug said:

I think you are spot on trumps going to do something mr Barr wants no part of and he’s trying to salvage what he can of his reputation to late imo I haven’t forgotten what he did during the muller report 

You are absolutely right IMO, This resignation was  very strange, given the farcical  "Dear leader" letter of resignation, and the reason for resigning,  Who was stopping him from spending Christmas with his family ? especially  since his resignation is effective Dec 23, 

• Like 1

There is some speculation that Barr has resigned in anticipation of undesirably  being associated with some further indefensible antics  from Trump.

Perhaps that  might be as puerile as Trump requesting the  Federal US  Attorney General to assist in suing Time  magazine for  not  naming him "Person of the  Year" ?????

Probably  not  but  as good as any excuse  to  get  out !

6 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

I know you will be all kind and thoughtful for the Trump supporters in the forum, they are now in a period of mourning, still in the denial stage, but they will make it through to acceptance in the next 4 years.

If you think they have it bad now wait another 4 years until trump gets beaten, running from his jail cell (no pun intended), by President Elect Kamala Harris and Vice President Elect Hillary Rodham Clinton!????

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, cmarshall said:

Sounds familiar.  Now where have I heard military types before saying that a coup is impossible?

Don't be fooled by the uniforms.  There are not enough words to describe the differences between the Thai military and the US military.

Edited by heybruce

4 hours ago, riclag said:

The next important date is January  six ! The process(contesting in court) from beginning has been legal!  This isn't the first time in my country history that a election has been contested ! Some possible scenarios below 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-contested-scenarios-expl/explainer-what-happens-if-the-u-s-election-is-contested-idUSKBN2781FS

You really hope that a clear victory in an honestly run election can be overturned.

I'm not surprised.  The reaction of many expats to the 2014 coup made it clear to me that a great many people only support democracy when their side wins.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The next important date is January  six ! The process(contesting in court) from beginning has been legal!  This isn't the first time in my country history that a election has been contested ! Some possible scenarios below 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-contested-scenarios-expl/explainer-what-happens-if-the-u-s-election-is-contested-idUSKBN2781FS

Edited by Tie Dye Samurai
  • Like 1

Hey, no need for the exclamation marks - I did say it was a serious question.

6 hours ago, Caldera said:

To their credit though, the U.S. military doesn't have a history of staging coups. They do have a long and proud history of upholding the constitution.

So unlike with the military types you have in mind from "elsewhere", I'm prepared to take their word for it.

Probably right for now, but keep in mind General (ret.) Mike Flynn has publicly called for Trump to declare martial law and have the military do a "revote."  That may be just a fluke in American history or it may be the beginning of a new and not-so-proud history of attacking the Constitution by the military.