U.S. Senate leader McConnell acknowledges Biden victory; laments Trump defeat

webfact

22 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You're wrong. The sensible black church ladies in South Carolina chose Joe led by representative Jim Clyburn. They decided correctly that what was needed to beat Mr. Trump was a more moderate candidate. They knew that Bernie would have been red baited to death. They were right. That was the turning point. Biden was close to needing to drop out before South Carolina. People need to get this into their heads. Biden won! It's incredibly difficult to beat any incumbent even one as bad as Mr. Trump. Add to that the electoral map heavily favors any republican, incumbent or not. Not only did Biden win but he won by an electoral margin that Mr. Trump called a landslide in 2016 and by a massive popular vote margin of 7 million. It's absurd to criticize the democrats choice this time. It's arguable (and I agree) that Biden was the ONLY democrat that could have beat Mr. Trump at all this time.

I'll only say this once, it's already on the fringe of off-topic. I was one of the original litigants in the DCCC lawsuit over the 2016 primary election. The DCCC is NOT an official government entity. It's exactly the same as a bridge club that makes up their own rules. That was the entirety of their defense. As such, they legally decide who wins the primary. Sure, there's lots of pomp and circumstance to make it LOOK legit. Trust me, it's not.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, J Town said:

I'll only say this once, it's already on the fringe of off-topic. I was one of the original litigants in the DCCC lawsuit over the 2016 primary election. The DCCC is NOT an official government entity. It's exactly the same as a bridge club that makes up their own rules. That was the entirety of their defense. As such, they legally decide who wins the primary. Sure, there's lots of pomp and circumstance to make it LOOK legit. Trust me, it's not.

Then you should know better than anyone that significant reforms were done by them after 2016 such as around super delegates.

2 hours ago, Kelsall said:

It's obvious they totally cheated and shafted Bernie, one of their own.  And If they did that, one would hardly expect them to do anything less to an opponent from the other party in a larger election.

Perhaps you could enlighten us on the latest conspiracy theory, that the DCCC cheated Trump by getting a bigger turnout.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Kelsall said:

It's obvious they totally cheated and shafted Bernie, one of their own.  And If they did that, one would hardly expect them to do anything less to an opponent from the other party in a larger election.

How would a dem process impact and cheat a repub process? Oh wait 60-0. You got nothing.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, newnative said:

Sad but true. They're all scared sh**less of Trump.  Which makes them all spineless, including McConnell.  He was just re-elected for 6 more years so he should be showing a lot more backbone.  Absolutely shameless behavior from way too many of them, with a few exceptions.  

Bear in mind Mitch has some health problems. He can say whatever he wants about not having health concerns, but he can't lie his way out of the consequences.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/22/politics/mitch-mcconnell-bruised-hands/index.html

Also his face was messed up.

mitchface.jpg.905916a63b1c6088e7ae36d41b69f1b4.jpg

It's like DT with that breathing problem he has, "there is no sniffling."  His niece says he stands in that peculiar way he does having to do with incontinence and diapers.

• Like 2

On 12/16/2020 at 4:10 PM, J Town said:

Rarely do I agree with you, but you are absolutely right here. I saw Biden trudging along to his latest diatribe. He looked almost lost, stumbling like a frail old man, smiling and waving at the security guy holding the door for him - "Hi, I'm Joe. What's YOUR name?" I've honestly wondered what would happen if he passed before 20 January. THAT would be quite the sh!tshow!

The man deserves our gratitude for providing a tolerable alternative to trump, Many people voted against trump and many voted for Biden. Together it got the job done.

Age was an insignificant factor in the big picture. The biggest รhเtรhoพ in American history is ending. I'm immensely grateful to Biden for that alone.

My first choice for the person passing before Jan 20 would not be Biden. He may well live longer than the bloated suppurating wound we currently call president. 

I'm cutting Biden a mile of slack to start with though I'm not a democrat or particularly a Biden/Harris fan.