Foreigners online slam "ridiculous" booze ban - no drinking from 6pm Saturday to 6pm Sunday

webfact

1 minute ago, brucegoniners said:

Yes, booze bans are ridiculous, we all know that. But to waste your energy bitching about it is a waste of that energy. It's what you signed up for. There are booze bans during elections and around many Thai holidays. Frankly they should extend them to some of these holidays where so many people get themselves killed on the roads. That's where the booze bans should be.

But hey, I'm just a foreigner, so I have to adhere to the rules in the country I have chosen.

And guys, if the booze bans upset you then just get plowed at home, lol You winos out there can stock up now...

In the years that I was in Thailand there are actually less of them now, only tend to be Buddha days & elections now.

I remember many years ago the old King said he wanted everyone to have a good time on his birthday, so they didn't ban it on that day.

10 minutes ago, brucegoniners said:

Yes, booze bans are ridiculous, we all know that. But to waste your energy bitching about it is a waste of that energy. It's what you signed up for. There are booze bans during elections and around many Thai holidays. Frankly they should extend them to some of these holidays where so many people get themselves killed on the roads. That's where the booze bans should be.

But hey, I'm just a foreigner, so I have to adhere to the rules in the country I have chosen.

And guys, if the booze bans upset you then just get plowed at home, lol You winos out there can stock up now...

It's not about getting "plowed", but more about the freedom of choice to have a drink or two at the end of the day/over dinner in peace and quite. Some of us have earned it. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

If anyone has any evidence that people have died whilst drink voting I would be interested in seeing it !

You think this about dieing whilst voting ?

I thought it was an attempt to ensure (hopefully)  people are voting with a clear head.

30 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

I'm guess this ban is designed to kickstart the tourist economy???? I would never have thought of such a tactic on my own. Our leaders are truly geniuses.

Yawn.

Election booze bans have been around for a while but hey, don't let that stop you climbing on the tourist economy bandwagon.

What we are dealing with is Thai logic and we all know how that goes. The idea is to stop people getting drunk on voting day or being too hung over to bother. You can, however, drink as much as you like at home on voting day thus voiding the ban. Insanity. 

What defines a party? Families coming together to share food and have a few drinks? Madness.

1 hour ago, miamiman123 said:

And the USA said “we have Thailand on our watchlist because we think Thailand is manipulating the currency...the Thai baht”.... ALL from a country that manipulates everything including the currency and war’s WORLD WIDE!!!

They always point finger. "When a man points a finger at someone else, he should remember that four of his fingers are pointing at himself." ????

• Like 1