Foreigners online slam "ridiculous" booze ban - no drinking from 6pm Saturday to 6pm Sunday

webfact

47 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:

In my last stock check I counted: 5 litres whiskey, 6 Litres vodka, 3 litres gin, 3 litres rum, 1 litre malibu, 2 bottles baileys and 16 bottles of wine.

What ban are we talking about exactly? ????

You're anticipating a 3 month booze ban and lockdown?

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

And if you are on holiday? 

It's a nonsense rule that should not apply to tourist venues. 

And if you're on holiday there is no need to abide by the laws of the host country! = That is "nonsense"!

• Like 2

These people who moan about not being able to buy booze for a few hours are as bad as the ones in ASQ that have to smuggle whisky/vodka in their luggage to get through a couple of weeks.

I love a drink as much as the next pis*head but have done ok and on my 12th day of ASQ.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Calm down, has anyone here actually heard of a foreigner being prosecuted for drinking during elections?

It is illegal to ride a motorcycle with no helmet but doesn't seem to stop foreigners I see. 

"...has anyone here actually heard of a foreigner being prosecuted for drinking during elections?"

Obviously not, as there is not, and never has been, any ban on drinking during elections.

Edited by Spatiumus
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

How do the authorities propose to prosecute me for having a beer in the privacy of my condo? They don't even have speed cameras that work.

They don't, drinking is not illegal, neither is buying alcohol, it's the selling and distribution of it that is banned for 24 hours, that's all.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spatiumus said:

neither is buying alcohol, it's the selling

Just out of interest....... how do you buy without a sale taking place?

Think I have got it now....the buyer can't be prosecuted... but the seller can?

Edited by Surelynot
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, polpott said:

For me, the issue isn't a ban on drinking but the fact that all the bars will be closed on Saturday night.

What is different about Saturday night.? 

Every night is paradise in Pattaya. ????

2 hours ago, Liverpoolfan said:

In my last stock check I counted: 5 litres whiskey, 6 Litres vodka, 3 litres gin, 3 litres rum, 1 litre malibu, 2 bottles baileys and 16 bottles of wine.

What ban are we talking about exactly? ????

So, we'll all be coming round to your place Saturday evening for a drink then? ????

Yes, booze bans are ridiculous, we all know that. But to waste your energy bitching about it is a waste of that energy. It's what you signed up for. There are booze bans during elections and around many Thai holidays. Frankly they should extend them to some of these holidays where so many people get themselves killed on the roads. That's where the booze bans should be.

But hey, I'm just a foreigner, so I have to adhere to the rules in the country I have chosen.

And guys, if the booze bans upset you then just get plowed at home, lol You winos out there can stock up now...