Foreigners online slam "ridiculous" booze ban - no drinking from 6pm Saturday to 6pm Sunday

webfact

23 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Why all the fuss ? If you can't go a couple of days without alcohol just buy in advance.

I think that's exactly it.  If you can't go 24 to 48 hours without alcohol?  <fill in the blank>

If I want a beer, I go to the village store.  If they sell the sell, if they don't they don't.  There is a lot of difference between wanting a couple of beers and needing a fix.

By the way my earlier post that alcohol sales were banned all day tomorrow was erroneous. 

But you probably knew that. 

I was parroting what I had been told by someone who had been told this by a bar manager lady. Trust nobody. 

9 hours ago, Daveyh said:

Foreigners living here should accept the rules & not be so pathetic. If they cannot abide by the rules of the country that are hosting them then "pack your bags" & leave, go elsewhere, you will not be missed. It's the norm here to ban alcohol for important events such as voting or Budda day's & "farang's" should be use to it by now! You are certainly giving those of us that do abide by the rules a bad name. Remember .......... it only takes a "few bad apples in the barrel" & we all get screwed! This also helps to create the xenophobic attitude that exists in some areas & people who complain about restrictions or misbehave wonder why this "divide" exists ...... go figure it out!??? Being well behaved & polite to others is a necessity in life .......... it's sad that most of today's society are so self centered.   

Sunbeam, I do not Wai the girls at Tesco checkouts, I have seen some farangs that do, and giggle.

But, to me there is no logic to not selling beer for 24 hours, none what so ever.

Do they do that in your country on a voting day.?

I have a couple of friends that have bar/restaurants that will not take any money during this 24 hour period, folk will

just buy beer before 6pm Saturday and go home with it, so tell me, what difference does it make regarding folk going to vote.? 

• Like 2

On 12/17/2020 at 9:27 AM, Liverpoolfan said:

In my last stock check I counted: 5 litres whiskey, 6 Litres vodka, 3 litres gin, 3 litres rum, 1 litre malibu, 2 bottles baileys and 16 bottles of wine.

What ban are we talking about exactly? ????

Probably should talk about the counterfeiting problem. 

On 12/17/2020 at 3:06 PM, spidermike007 said:

I do not get what the big deal is. Anything other than breathing, eating, and sleeping, anything done every day, tends to get boring and monotonous. Take a day off! Or stock up in advance, if you do not possess any self discipline. This is such a tiny thing to be wigging out about. Is life really that boring, that one day without a visit to a bar is that hard?

What about someone who doesn't drink very often and just wants to go out on a Saturday night for a nice meal and a few drinks? 

What about the dying entertainment industry that is going to suffer as a result of this?

I am guessing the alcoholic have long stocked up on booze for tonight, they will be fine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Isn't it strange to see spoiled brats resort to saying that if, what if, then the world would be saved.

What, what if I was allowed into Thailand to see some bar girls?  Their lives would be filled with money and love.

What, what if I was allowed to have a beer during this 24 hours?  The thai economy would be saved.

Such delusion is stunning.  

• Sad 1

Hua Hin was like a ghost town last night at 8:30. Too bad the economy had to sufferer . The ban should of started from 12 pm to  Sunday. Silly that it has to be 24hr instead of 18 hours. Oh well lets just have another payed government long weekend to make up for it.

Sunday Morning Coming Down

It's going on 0900 on a beautiful Sunday morning.....

How many are suffering, struggling, in pain & angst due to the alcohol ban?

The countdown begins as we trudge along - deprived, sore, sober, & thirsty....

9 hours to go......Where's the first place you'll go when the 1800 Happy Hour restores our faith in humanity?

Edited by pgrahmm
  • Like 1

Never understood why close the bars during elections,farangs can not vote anyway.If you go outside of the towns the thai bars  or mom and pop shop will sell the brooze anyway.you will see thais  drinking  after or before the voting. so closing bars in town because of the election has no effect on the result.Serve the farangs but thais are not allowed and they would not go to the bar for a drink because not allowed to drink.

My friend in cnx has a bar and if that was applied farangs ok thais no.she would not serve them hard drinks

was this  taken from a 'thai' news article to suggest all foreigners are alcoholics?

if you need to stock up on booze because of a day or two alcohol bans, you seriously have a problem, you need to address, soon.