EU's Barnier says: just hours left for a Brexit trade deal

snoop1130

2 hours ago, vinny41 said:

what is the UK trade deficit with the EU  -£97 billion on trade in goods

so that means the EU sells more to the UK than what the UK sells to the EU

Still, on a percentage basis, the UK sells a greater percentage of its goods to the EU than the Eu does to the UK. 

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Still, on a percentage basis, the UK sells a greater percentage of its goods to the EU than the Eu does to the UK. 

the majority of people when trading or looking at trading figures look at the monetary value not percentage

If someone is selling property at x price and someone puts in a offer at lower than x normally the seller would look at how much money the lower offer is to their asking price I don't know of anyone that would say they are offering this percentage lower than the asking price

Normally the only time percentage is used is when the monetary value doesn't work for their agenda

3 hours ago, overherebc said:

Probably, yes, a part of project fear.

If you don't vote leave you will be over-run by dark skinned hordes speaking in strange ways and there will be no more fish and chips or black pudding. 

you don't like dark skin people....by any chance does your wife/gf is from Isaan

7 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

the majority of people when trading or looking at trading figures look at the monetary value not percentage

If someone is selling property at x price and someone puts in a offer at lower than x normally the seller would look at how much money the lower offer is to their asking price I don't know of anyone that would say they are offering this percentage lower than the asking price

Normally the only time percentage is used is when the monetary value doesn't work for their agenda

What are you on about? For example, is a billion dollars of imports in a certain sector of the same importance to a nation with a 100 billion dollar economy as it is to a nation with a 2 trillion dollar economy? What you're saying is utterly irrelevant.

Edited by placeholder

19 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Do inform the French fishermen that piece  of news , and also the Spanish strawberry growers as well 

If trade between the EU and the UK consisted mostly of fresh food,  you might have a better point. Just because it gets a lot of attention, that doesn't mean it's nearly as important to the EU or the UK as non-edible items. As you can see from the graphic below, food imports aren't exactly a huge part factor among all imports:

image.png.0863ec0e95cff8c557d58faa60918e98.png

United Kingdom Imports By Category (tradingeconomics.com)

Edited by placeholder

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

What are you on about? For example, is a billion dollars of imports in a certain sector of the same importance to a nation with a 100 billion dollar economy as it is to a nation with a 2 trillion dollar economy? What you're saying is utterly irrelevant.

have a look at cars on bahtsold let me know how many sellers when the reduce their price they expressed the price reduction in percentage terms versus monetary value

I suspect none

6 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Funny how Remainers always confuse compromising during a negotiation as folding ????.

Fortunately, since the EU is unable to compromise on absolutely anything, Boris' kind offer to get this deal through will come to nothing. Obviously he knows that, which is why he made the offer in the first place. This very generous offer by the UK and subsequent refusal by the EU will be another excellent example of the bad faith exhibited by the EU when we rip up the WA in a few months time.

did you mean as always Boris is like a hot air balloon, promises and more promises but nothing credible enough to move forward, same as he did when campaigning for Brexit, all fake promises and the famous 365 millions a week to NHS coffers... 555

2 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

have a look at cars on bahtsold let me know how many sellers when the reduce their price they expressed the price reduction in percentage terms versus monetary value

I suspect none

The question is about the size of a particular sector of imports and their importance to the economy. What do the prices that individuals have to pay for something have to do with this? How does this tell you the importance of a particular import sector to the economy as a whole?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Remainers manipulate percentages all the time. Since they started with the old "...percentage of the UK population didn't vote for Brexit..." bull, they have not stopped.

Can't stand the fact only a minority of the electorate voted for Brexit, eh?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, overherebc said:

Where the hell did you get the idea I don't like dark skinned people? Do you have an attitude  problem or just don't understand my post?

Its unacceptable these days , to label people by their skin colour .

Also , Turkish people are not that dark skinned. Its not acceptable to call people "dark skinned people" , even if you were trying to accuse others of being racist

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Stop making things up .

Trying to turn it into a race issue by YOU stating that Turkish people are "dark - skinned" .

Happens quite frequently , you lot make racists statements and try to attribute them to other people and suggest they are racist , whilst its you yourself making the racist statements 

Jesus, another one that can't read. I'll try small words.

I was referring to the crop that people were fed  (and believed) by certain groups that wanted to use racism to make people vote to leave.

B

Got it now????

7 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Its unacceptable these days , to label people by their skin colour .

Also , Turkish people are not that dark skinned. Its not acceptable to call people "dark skinned people" , even if you were trying to accuse others of being racist

No more answers to you. I don't like arguing with people who read one post and don't check back to where that point started and get the wrong end of the stick.

28 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Not really no, can we start again from the beginning ?

Someone quoted/posted that one of the reasons people voted to leave was because lies were made up about vast numbers of Turkish people were waiting to come to uk if we stayed in the EU.

I just posted that people were happy to believe if we stayed then in would be an open door situation for people to 'walk into uk'. 

Most idiots in uk who are racist would read that as being 'others who are not British white' would take over the country. Edit. and the culture.

On my part it was a dig at the F-wits in UK who are racist.

PS.

My wife and me are about the same colour, a certain poster probably won't understand that.

????

Edited by overherebc

56 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

My point being that percentages dont matter to the people that do business with the UK .

Why not tell the French Fishermen that their dealings with the UK make up just a small percentage of trade between the two Countries * , that should appease them 

But your point was utterly irrelevant to the point I was making with someone else about the relative importance of trade to the UK economy vs the EU economy. Have anything pertinent to say on that topic?

12 minutes ago, Loiner said:

It's all looking good for us. What sort of glasses have you got? You don't have to get rose tints, but at least take the welders goggles off and let the sun shine in. It can't be easy leading life as Eeyore.  

Quite. Much easier and more pleasant to be a Dr. Pangloss or a Don Quixote. Until reality catches up with you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Someone quoted/posted that one of the reasons people voted to leave was because lies were made up about vast numbers of Turkish people were waiting to come to uk if we stayed in the EU.

I just posted that people were happy to believe if we stayed then in would be an open door situation for people to 'walk into uk'. 

Most idiots in uk who are racist would read that as being 'others who are not British white' would take over the country. 

On my part it was a dig at the F-wits in UK who are racist.

PS.

My wife and me are about the same colour, a certain poster probably won't understand that.

????

It was generally know in the UK that Turkey had little chance of joining the E.U anytime soon .

And I dont recall Turkey being mentioned by anyone in the months before the Referendum vote .

Anyway  its just not acceptable to refer to people as "Dark skinned people" and it doesnt matter what context you used that term it, its simple unacceptable these days .

• Like 2