EU's Barnier says: just hours left for a Brexit trade deal

snoop1130

13 minutes ago, placeholder said:

But your point was utterly irrelevant to the point I was making with someone else about the relative importance of trade to the UK economy vs the EU economy. Have anything pertinent to say on that topic?

We will find other Countries to trade with , will the French fishermen find other waters to fish in ?

• Like 1

Brexit Britain may be better base to invest in EU

Firms warn UK could be more attractive option as EU scraps investment protection deals.

It's a Brexit paradox: European companies may get better protection for their investments in the EU — by setting up shop in Britain.

Businesses in countries such as Germany warn they could move part of their operations to the U.K. to benefit from stronger legal protections when investing in EU countries such as Hungary and Romania.

They say it all comes down to trust — and they don't trust courts in some countries to rule fairly.

https://www.politico.eu/article/brexit-uk-trade-investment-protection-eu-competition-rule-of-law-courts/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

It was generally know in the UK that Turkey had little chance of joining the E.U anytime soon .

And I dont recall Turkey being mentioned by anyone in the months before the Referendum vote .

Anyway  its just not acceptable to refer to people as "Dark skinned people" and it doesnt matter what context you used that term it, its simple unacceptable these days .

Well, I will continue to use dark skinned as long as people refer to me as being a light skinned jock.

10 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Brexit Britain may be better base to invest in EU

Firms warn UK could be more attractive option as EU scraps investment protection deals.

It's a Brexit paradox: European companies may get better protection for their investments in the EU — by setting up shop in Britain.

Businesses in countries such as Germany warn they could move part of their operations to the U.K. to benefit from stronger legal protections when investing in EU countries such as Hungary and Romania.

They say it all comes down to trust — and they don't trust courts in some countries to rule fairly.

https://www.politico.eu/article/brexit-uk-trade-investment-protection-eu-competition-rule-of-law-courts/

Essentially it means setting up shell corporations in the UK which can then exploit bilateral agreements to sue. A very tiny boost to the UK economy.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

We will find other Countries to trade with , will the French fishermen find other waters to fish in ?

yes but farther away .... just same  as your new  trade is farther away .....????

Anyway those Dutch factory 129 meter ships with their big bought quotas shall have now more space to catch   their quota  fish

Edited by david555

6 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

.....................and who refers to you as a "light skinned jock " ?

Youre the  one who keeps using racist language , no one else is using that kind of language 

This guy was born in Scotland, 4th generation. he's a kind of hero of mine. I follow a lot of his recipes but cut down on the red chillies ( is it ok to say red ? )

You describe his skin colour as though you were being interviewd by the police. ????

His name is Tony Singh.

image-asset.jpeg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, overherebc said:

This guy was born in Scotland, 4th generation. he's a kind of hero of mine. I follow a lot of his recipes but cut down on the red chillies ( is it ok to say red ? )

You describe his skin colour as though you were being interviewd by the police. ????

His name is Tony Singh.

image-asset.jpeg

When was the last time that you were in the UK ?

If you describe a person to the Police and mention their skin colour, you are likely to be arrested yourself for racial discrimination . 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CorpusChristie said:

When was the last time that you were in the UK ?

If you describe a person to the Police and mention their skin colour, you are likely to be arrested yourself for racial discrimination . 

Last year in uk for a few weeks and you're being a tad too extreme in your PC rant. ????

• Like 2

Live  Politics latest news: EU rejects UK fishing offer despite phone call between PM and Ursula von der Leyen 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/12/22/brexit-news-latest-deal-today-france-border-boris-johnson/

By Tony Diver
22 DECEMBER 2020 • 1:06PM

The European Union has rejected a UK offer on fishing rights, despite a personal call between Boris Johnson and Ursula von der Leyen designed to force a last-minute breakthrough in the Brexit trade deal negotiations.

The UK's offer on fisheries would have seen  the bloc slash the value of its fishing catch in UK waters by roughly a third over a transition period of five years, down from an initial demand to cut it by 60 per cent over three years.

Mr Johnson and Mrs von der Leyen spoke last night in a call that was not announced to journalists, and have spoken again since then. The pair have now established a hotline between Downing Street and the European Commission, and will speak "wherever it is necessary", an EU source said.

Edited by david555
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

You are claiming that its perfectly acceptable to describe a person by their skin colour (in the UK) based of the fact that you didnt try doing that in the UK ?

OK, but that doesnt prove your point 

Go away 

Edit.

I have a GSD  and she's not white, she's black, brown and being old she got a a lot of white on her muzzle.

I hope she's not insulted by my post. ????????????

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, bannork said:

Hit a nerve again. 

The fact is only 37% of the electorate voted to leave, and of that 37%, how many believed the sweet promises of no problem leaving, only sunny uplands?.

Let's see how many wished we had remained in a few months or a year.  

Right. So why not keep your 37% in reserve until then?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, david555 said:

yes but farther away .... just same  as your new  trade is farther away .....????

Anyway those Dutch factory 129 meter ships with their big bought quotas shall have now more space to catch   their quota  fish

What quotas? EU quotas? 555

46 minutes ago, david555 said:

Live  Politics latest news: EU rejects UK fishing offer despite phone call between PM and Ursula von der Leyen 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/12/22/brexit-news-latest-deal-today-france-border-boris-johnson/

By Tony Diver
22 DECEMBER 2020 • 1:06PM

The European Union has rejected a UK offer on fishing rights, despite a personal call between Boris Johnson and Ursula von der Leyen designed to force a last-minute breakthrough in the Brexit trade deal negotiations.

The UK's offer on fisheries would have seen  the bloc slash the value of its fishing catch in UK waters by roughly a third over a transition period of five years, down from an initial demand to cut it by 60 per cent over three years.

Mr Johnson and Mrs von der Leyen spoke last night in a call that was not announced to journalists, and have spoken again since then. The pair have now established a hotline between Downing Street and the European Commission, and will speak "wherever it is necessary", an EU source said.

Sounds far too generous on the part of the UK. Silly EU.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Go away 

Edit.

I have a GSD  and she's not white, she's black, brown and being old she got a a lot of white on her muzzle.

I hope she's not insulted by my post. ????????????

I have a GSD too. But he is a bit of a stinkist. You have to smell right or he bites.

2 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Quotas assigned to the UK by the EU. Now invalid. 

i blame myself to not stored that news article  just a few days ago Boris abandoned that idea to change that ..... damn   i have to look for it , just to rub it under your nose :wink:

Edited by david555

3 minutes ago, david555 said:

i blame myself to not stored just a few days ago Boris abandoned that idea to change that ..... damn   i have to look for it  

If theres no deal , then French fishing boats will not be able enter British waters , some which stretch 200 miles from our shores .

Other E.U boats will not be able to enter British waters either , which means they will all congregate in French waters , it will be awfully crowded in your waters .

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, nauseus said:

I think I need a new enigma machine!

O.K. 

i blame myself now , that i did not stored that article i found  , where Boris abandoned the plan about nationalizing (my words as can not exact find wording ) those foreign hold quotas  

so try now to understand 

Edited by david555
  • Like 1